PDA

View Full Version : Dont fall for the cheapo fans, im regretting it big time

pantang
27-07-11, 06:40 PM

bought me 2 of these lil fellas off ebay and at first they werent to noisy specialy after they got wrapped up in a blanket. but for the love of god do not use them if you have air cooled lighting!!!

turns out the fans arent to heat resistant and now i find my self with a warped extraction fan thats headed for the bin after i get back from the hydro store tomorow as its making the most horrendous noises. and even the intake is starting to show signs of wear and tear with its increasing noise levels and this is still my first grow.

so cheapo ebay tt fans, stay well clear. on a brighter note my 2x2x2 cheapo ebay tent is excelent but it could do with a few more holes for running cables.

Pugz
27-07-11, 06:44 PM
LOL ya supposed to put the fan in front of the light . to blow air thro not suck it
And yes they are shit ive got a 6" one but im not using yet so not to bad

Master Poet
27-07-11, 06:44 PM
If your running aircooled lights then you need to blow the air through them not suck the hot air through the fan and filter, thats why its warped. And yes, the TT fans are shit.

up2nogood
27-07-11, 06:45 PM
yeah I have just put a 5 inch ruck fan connected to acoustic ducting as my extraction..its so powerful my pc intake fan was moving by itself,the blades are spinning,not full speed but the power of this fan is sucking the blades to move..:)

pantang
27-07-11, 07:05 PM
lol that could explain it, need to suck it through though otherwise there isnt enough force to get it through the CF, and my reflectors are prety poor aswell. lots of air leakage hene filter on the end and not in the tent. ill get there tho :P

Strider
27-07-11, 07:14 PM
aye my mate got one of those and i mind noting how shite the construction and parts was when helping him wire it, nothing like the insides of a ruck or similar, his melted even without aircooleds

i have an inline both before and after my twin aircooled lights, but its the 'before' fan that gives it most of the oomph, the one at the end is mainly to compensate for the long ducting and doesnt seem to be suffering from the temps

spot
27-07-11, 08:00 PM
Sorry i had to laugh at this post im so happy i didn't get one

lambert29
27-07-11, 09:01 PM
Its a good job you found this out before going out and buying an expensive one!
lol that could explain it, need to suck it through though otherwise there isnt enough force to get it through the CF, and my reflectors are prety poor aswell. lots of air leakage hene filter on the end and not in the tent. ill get there tho :P

pantang
27-07-11, 09:07 PM
Yeah, going to uprade the lot next time round I think. be nice to have a aircooled light that is actualy air tight aswell. But i suppose this is what happens when you buy on ebay :P