PDA

View Full Version : secure online email accounts

asci
11-07-07, 11:34 AM
Not sure why I'd not mentioned this previously. Seeing as some of the things we put in emails can get us into trouble, I thought it a good move to bring up hushmail. For those that don't know, it's a secure emailing system that uses encryption. Very helpful if you want to keep your messages safe.

www.hushmail.com

:D

WTL
11-07-07, 11:36 AM
Not sure why I'd not mentioned this previously. Seeing as some of the things we put in emails can get us into trouble, I thought it a good move to bring up hushmail. For those that don't know, it's a secure emailing system that uses encryption. Very helpful if you want to keep your messages safe.

www.hushmail.com

:D

Also needed to order certain things from Canada, ;)

sweetsinner
11-07-07, 11:44 AM
*winks*
Thats the reason i have one :D

Borderline
11-07-07, 07:36 PM
Thats the reason i have 2 :)

TheHappyCamper
11-07-07, 07:37 PM
Ooo I might get one of these.

BTW, aren't all email accounts safe? *bites nails*

sweetsinner
11-07-07, 07:47 PM
Thats the reason i have 2 :)

LOL, actually i have two as i forgot the password for on *blushes*
i often forget passwords as they are all random.. and typed in a green bubble

evo
11-07-07, 08:01 PM
all email is generally safe, but this uses 128-bit SSL encryption while receiving and sending through the server meaning what you send cannot be read by any one snooping (FBI, NSA, CIA, MI5, MI6 etc).

asci
11-07-07, 08:27 PM
standard emails are easy for a third party to read if they have an ounce of knowledge in that particular area happycamper, sorry mate but it's true (I've done this a number of times now, look up mime encoding in google :D)..

Hence why using sites like hushmail are good, and if you really want to thwart the authorities then the best is to use anonymous remailers (look up the quicksilver client).

lala124
11-07-07, 08:30 PM
But if the authorities provide a authorized subpoena, then hushmail will show them your account. But hushmail is pretty safe.

Oh, and I have them for the same reason most of you other guys do ;).

asci
11-07-07, 08:42 PM
that's the best thing about anonymous remailers, no logs, so no trace.. :D

if you want you can bounce off 10 or more relays (still encrypted) so to trace back would be very difficult..

TheHappyCamper
11-07-07, 08:51 PM
Cheers for the info guys. I'll set up an account now.

Sappo
11-07-07, 09:51 PM
All the warez groups use this have a few accounts there.

What do you order from canada that requires these accounts?

lala124
11-07-07, 10:46 PM
Cant talk about that on here bro. Sorry, legal issues with it.

munkman
11-07-07, 11:56 PM
All the warez groups use this have a few accounts there.

What do you order from canada that requires these accounts?

sweets...lot's and lot's of sweets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:stoned-smilie:

Sappo
12-07-07, 02:10 PM
Someone Pm me what it is, im being totaly mis lead by sweets as i call a different drug sweets and i highly doubt it's what i am thinking.