PDA

View Full Version : Is their a strain that will help with

spot
07-08-11, 09:12 AM
Is their a strain that will help with the withdrawals from a heroin substitute? I've not seen nothing just wanna check to see if their is thanks.

blazefor20
07-08-11, 10:32 AM
I would imagine the only thing that might ease some of the jonesing is as heavy an indica as possible, but if you know what that is like, you should know that not even Methadone can touch the withdrawls initially. Chasing dragons is a MF and getting off the ride is a B no matter how one tries to deal.

spot
07-08-11, 10:44 AM
So a indica is best you think out of them all,
Fu*k the meth a nasty substitute, that is worst thing ever made by man medication wise, was a iv user but not touched it for 6 years and was just kind of looking for something that will or is likly to couchlock me big time and ease the aching pains/cramps i guess something like a ms sufferer would use.

blazefor20
07-08-11, 11:06 AM
Find the best Indica you can. I suggest a G13 or hybrid of the same. The concept is to couchlock and just ride it thru. gl.

spot
07-08-11, 11:18 AM
Nice thanks for the strain.

firstauto
07-08-11, 11:34 AM
would i not be right to say that hash or bud would intensify the withdrawls if just taken alone ?

blazefor20
07-08-11, 11:41 AM
No you wouldn't. There are real physical symptoms of withdrawls. Nausea and vomiting to name a few. One of the main benefits of smoking heavy indicas is relief from stomach problems. There are other benefits too, but to answer your question, it won't make it worse.

firstauto
07-08-11, 11:45 AM
funny it did for me many years ago ...

blazefor20
07-08-11, 11:54 AM
Speaking in general terms, sorry you went thru that. You should well know then that no matter what one does, getting off the horse is one of the worst experiences one can go thru and there is no going around it. Symptoms can be addressed, but in the end the only thing to do is ride it thru. I was just answering a question, not looking for a debate.

spot
07-08-11, 11:57 AM
Same as me it made it worse but now days their is so many strains about, where about 30+ years ago it was just skunk for all weed strains so wasn't sure if their was a pukka one to knock you out as such.

blazefor20
07-08-11, 12:02 PM
G13 is a strain supposedly made by the Government for medical patients. It has THC content of 22% or greater. When mixed with a haze like with BLZ Bud, the results of couchlock are effective.

spot
07-08-11, 12:06 PM
This is the one then thanks for the time to reply blazefor20

blazefor20
07-08-11, 12:16 PM
I am growing BLZ Bud now. Remind me and will let you know how she smokes after curing. Should be ready around mid Oct. Also you might ask Hemivette. I will also be growing the straight G13 on my next grow.

firstauto
07-08-11, 12:19 PM
was,nt been funny blaze was just stating my own expierence, and not a fan off debate,s myself lol. but as you say only way to get off the nasty is ride it out suffer and never look back distant yourself from all users and get your life back easy said but its all about what you want really ...

blazefor20
07-08-11, 12:34 PM
Its a dark ride, thats for sure. I never rode it but have seen it first hand. I have babysitted with the buckets and towels for three days. There was little help for my buddy. Have dealt with it in my profession too. I have seen ppl jones from just getting off the methadone as well, but back then in the day we didn't have the superior genetics in cannabis that we do today. It takes a supreme effort to get off the stuff and as you say, it comes down to what one really wants.

spot
07-08-11, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the info guys this will be my 6th or maybe it's more trys at kicking the subsitute habbit, all this info is good to know,saying that about smoking it i think it would be easy to kick the habbit with just growing the stuff and taking your mind of it as iv got some real satisfaction out of growing and learning. quite a therapeutic hobby really.

nuube
14-08-11, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the info guys this will be my 6th or maybe it's more trys at kicking the subsitute habbit, all this info is good to know,saying that about smoking it i think it would be easy to kick the habbit with just growing the stuff and taking your mind of it as iv got some real satisfaction out of growing and learning. quite a therapeutic hobby really.

Fair fucks man, at least you haven't quit quitting - that's when you know you are beat.

Have you looked into Ibogaine? It is a psychotropic root from Africa, I wont link in case I get in trouble here but it is legal and has a fantastic success rate in helping with Opiate addiction. You will need a sitter and you may find places that offer to give you the Ibogaine and sit with you, worth checking out.

I have a big problem with the Govt offering the likes of Methadone or Subutex to take people off Heroin - they end up addicted to and being KEPT ON the substitute instead of going for clean - more money for the drug companies and more work for addiction staff!

With regard to cannabis use - symptomatic relief is what you are looking for - something for the cramps and aches a heavy Indica as has already been said. Maybe something to keep your mind occupied like a good uppy Sativa could help. In saying that I personally believe that completely clean for a period is the only way to go as using any substance, even something like cannabis activities the reward system in the brain and can potentially, (IMHO), lead to relapse.

Whatever you do, good luck in your quest. IF you ever do try the Ibogaine pm me, I would love to know how you got on.

bud_alzir
14-08-11, 03:11 PM
hi spot i recently purchased a pkt of mns medicine man. i looked at reviews/smoke reports before buying and when looking i read a smoke report online at treating yourself magazine were a guy succesfully quit opiates useing medicine man. i tried to post info but get 404 error when trying to get page up so can't post relevant info at the minute.but if what he said is true then theres your plant imo.all the best:)

bud_alzir
14-08-11, 03:52 PM
hi blazefor you post this in this thread..... but back then in the day we didn't have the superior genetics in cannabis that we do today...... yet in another thread (heres my triplet) Interesting, and aren't you fortunate. I am new to growing and have not seen this before, but wish that would happen to mine sometime..so how can you comment about todays superior genetics.?:confused: the standard was set in the late 80's early 90's by a couple of guys in holland (talented breeders) and is unsurpassed to this day by a country mile who copies super lemon haze tangerine dream pineapple chunk etc.now who copies jack herer nl#5xhaze super silver haze white widow etc exactly. they have proven to be top notch cannabis for decades end of but must be purchased from the original breeders not copies.cannabis genetics and breeding are at an all time low idiots trying to improve on something that can't(money and ego's). that's why they took years to create in the first place. i know i was there (holland) and i got the genetics/strains before it all went tits up.all the best:) ps a true breeder summed it up in a word..... sub species

bud_alzir
01-09-11, 02:13 PM
hi spot i recently purchased a pkt of mns medicine man. i looked at reviews/smoke reports before buying and when looking i read a smoke report online at treating yourself magazine were a guy succesfully quit opiates useing medicine man. i tried to post info but get 404 error when trying to get page up so can't post relevant info at the minute.but if what he said is true then theres your plant imo.all the best:) hi spot there you go bud...
Date: 7/3/06
Strain: Medicine Man
Judge:
Breeder:
Grower: Homegrown (obtained from cannabis club in SF)

Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.

1. Dosage [1] Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.

2. Effect onset [5] Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.

3. Sativa influence [3] Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

4. Indica influence [10] Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.

5. Potency [10] Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. Duration [2] Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.

7. Tolerance build up [ ] Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.

8. Usability [ ] Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day. Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Morning - wake up [ ] Day - work [ ] Evening - relax [ ] Night - sleep [ ]

9. Overall satisfaction [9] Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10.Ability and conditions [ ] Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high. Consider experience, strain familiarity, atmosphere, current tolerance and most importantly the condition and preparation of the sample.

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use. Yes [X] No [ ]

12.Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take care to use the appropriate column for your response. Delete the existing space when recording your entry to maintain the columns in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should not be construed as medical advice.

FINAL COMMENTS: I was warned that this strain was particularly potent. I typically use Romulan/Trainwreck for my neuropathic pain, but was going though a spike in my pain, so needed something outside the usual. 1 hit of Medicine Man, and I was floating away- a drifty, specific head high and a numbing body buzz that really helped my pain, and completely got rid of my opiate withdrawl symptoms. I was able to get up and do things once I got going- otherwise, I'd watch for couchlock........all the best:)

spot
02-09-11, 07:31 AM
I wanna live after a smoke,this is the strain for me, much respect bud_alzir for the post.

DrGreen
02-10-11, 01:19 PM
in america there is a center for rehab form stroke to heroin and they use cannabis solely for healing as run form the cure says, it helps rebuild organs etc i nthe body

duno if this helps

One of the world's chief experts is to argue that Scotland should legalize cannabis to considerably reduce the country's high Heroin Addiction rates and this reignite the debate over Drug laws in the next month. Ethan Nadelmann will warn that the current UK Drug policy is "damaging" and that the Scots should embrace the Dutch "coffee shop" model, under which cannabis is legally sold over the counter in licensed outlets. Nadelmann, executive director of the US-based Drug Policy Alliance, and who is regarded as one of the most respected advocates of Drug reform, will make the arguments at the prestigious Edinburgh Lectures series next month. Previous speakers at the event have included former Soviet president Mikhail Gorbachev and the scientist Professor Stephen Hawking.

As well as urging the widespread introduction of socalled "brown cafes" in Scottish towns and cities, Nadelmann will also say the government should adopt a policy of "controlled legalisation" for hallucinogens, such as LSD, and an extension to Heroin prescribing. He said: "If you define legalisation as the way we treat alcohol, making it available over the counter to anybody over the age of 18, then my view is that cannabis should be treated in the same way.”The Dutch coffee shop approach provides a very good model. Cannabis is just as easy to get in Scotland as in the United States. Anyone who wants to obtain it, can obtain it. So why keep the entire thing underground? Why not find a way of bringing it above ground and regulating it?" In the Netherlands, the sale of small quantities of cannabis for personal use in cafes is permitted. The outlets allow patrons to openly smoke joints without fear of arrest.

With more than 51,500 estimated heroin-users in Scotland and record numbers of pregnant women addicted to class-A drugs, Nadelmann said he believed cannabis legalization would reduce the number of young Scots indulging in hard Drug use. "When the Dutch adopted the coffee shop system, they found that the percentage of young people using cannabis that went on to use harder drugs declined,” he said. Under this approach, he claimed, the government would eliminate the prospect of a criminal Drug dealer turning a cannabis smoker onto harder drugs. "Most people who use cannabis don't go on to use other drugs. But obviously if you have the same dealer selling all of these drugs together it increases the chance that people will use them, “he said.”If you have a regulated system where people are held responsible and will be closed down if they sell any white powder drugs, you can effectively segregate the market." While acknowledging recent research linking cannabis to mental illness, Nadelmann added that this was "a reason to make cannabis more regulated".

The controversial talk comes at a critical point in the UK debate on drugs. Next month, the government's Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs is to report to Home Secretary Charles Clarke on whether cannabis should be restored to Class B status. This comes four years after then Home Secretary David Blunkett downgraded cannabis to a Class C drug. Last night, Nadelmann's comments prompted anger from Drug researchers and politicians. Others, however, said he did not go far enough. Professor Neil McKeganey, director of the Scottish Centre for Drug Misuse Research, said legalising cannabis was "enormously risky". He said: "We have a picture of widespread underage drinking and underage smoking in Scotland, and we could see a similar pattern with drugs if these substances were to be legalised. There is no reason on earth if they were legalised that there would be a drop in use."

Margaret Mitchell, the Conservative deputy justice spokeswoman, described Nadelmann's comments as "unbelievable". She said: "If that's his message, then he's the last person we want to have here. Zero Tolerance is where we should be starting from." Kenny MacAskill, the SNP justice spokesman, said: "Rather than making supply easier, I would argue that we need to reduce demand. We should invest in sports and arts, in giving folk, young and old, other outlets than the pub or smoking a spliff." Tom Wood, former deputy chief constable of Lothian and Borders Police and now chairman of the Action Team on Alcohol and Drugs in Edinburgh, which invited Nadelmann to the capital, said: "The idea to have him over here is to stimulate thought and give us food for thought. It's healthy to listen to carefully considered views, even if you don't necessarily agree with them." The author and publisher whose Edinburgh cannabis cafe was closed down, Kevin Williamson said that as long as the cannabis is against the law the young people will come to get in touch with heroin.

spot
02-10-11, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info ltid8

blazefor20
02-10-11, 02:07 PM
hi blazefor you post this in this thread..... but back then in the day we didn't have the superior genetics in cannabis that we do today...... yet in another thread (heres my triplet) Interesting, and aren't you fortunate. I am new to growing and have not seen this before, but wish that would happen to mine sometime..so how can you comment about todays superior genetics.?:confused: the standard was set in the late 80's early 90's by a couple of guys in holland (talented breeders) and is unsurpassed to this day by a country mile who copies super lemon haze tangerine dream pineapple chunk etc.now who copies jack herer nl#5xhaze super silver haze white widow etc exactly

You may not realize my frame of reference. Time is relative my friend. I speak of when I started smoking, which was in the 70's. Compared to back then...now its superior genetics. Thx for the history lesson though. I would not argue your point as I do believe you are correct, but compared to 70's weed, I believe I have a point as well.

fieldwalker
05-10-11, 10:34 AM
as a recovering alcoholic of some 13 year now i ...i personaly think it is unwise to try and subsitute a huge problem drug with cannabis....as i found when comming offf the booze cannabis seems to intensify how you are feeling at the time so if your feeling shit and unwell it may make you feel worse. If you want to enjoy cannabis i would get clean first...but thats only my opinion mate, what ever you decide i wish you well as it is not easy giving up any drug we become addicted to.

spot
12-10-11, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the info field, i do agree, but over the years iv fount cannibis to work to a point, the point being where if i try and comatose my self with weed it helps, better than taking valium/df's or morphine.
been a addict for 20+ years and tried all sorts of ways to come of drugs and medication but the weed back then was nothing like it is now.
Congrats on your recovery good to here your clean.

LBN
08-11-11, 03:44 PM
Sorry i cant help ya but i would like to no how you get on...
Good luck and all the best...:yeah mate: