PDA

View Full Version : Loft space intake

drdrakeuk
07-08-11, 09:13 PM
Hi guys,

Just after a little info, I use a quite open loft space to grow, not closed off like a tent but well insulated, the only trouble is I am open to sudden temp rises as the only intake at the moment is from the eves and loft hatch so I am looking for an intake fan so what size should I be looking for? Also would you suggest taking air from the house or outside? I fear it may be too cold when it comes to winter. I currently have an 8" RVK extractor with filter running.

Cheers

blazefor20
07-08-11, 09:57 PM
I use air from household and it would probably work for you if you aren't worried about the smell.

Stimpy
07-08-11, 09:58 PM
Maybe you could look for a freestanding air con unit like they have in some offices mate. You can just turn it off when it gets colder.

blazefor20
07-08-11, 09:59 PM
Yes, what stimpy said...can get them for like $200.00 give or take. Portable and on wheels.

Anonymiss
07-08-11, 10:09 PM
freestanding air con unit

These need venting to outside the room or they make the space hotter. Sure, you get a cool breeze, but the overall temperature goes up.

Stimpy
07-08-11, 10:12 PM
These need venting to outside the room or they make the space hotter. Sure, you get a cool breeze, but the overall temperature goes up.

He can vent through the eaves, same as where he was thinking of moving the intake to.

Anonymiss
07-08-11, 10:25 PM
He can vent through the eaves, same as where he was thinking of moving the intake to.

Yep, it's all good.

I'd be more tempted to go with the zero/low-power option though (those air conditioners use a kiloWatt or more I believe) and bring in air from outside (and/or extract to outside), and sort out a thermal control for the extract fan.

drdrakeuk
08-08-11, 08:12 AM
Thanks guys, not really got too much space for an airconditioning unit and I think my plants are never 100% happy due to lack of fresh air, I know how important it is to have a fresh supply of air but have neglected it a little, hence the plants closer to the loft hatch are bigger, greener and more importantly bigger yielding then the others at the back where it gets hotter. btw, the l.s.d plants i have are unelievably swollen and hard after 5 weeks flower, there like rocks to touch