PDA

View Full Version : Propogation Tray

i_love_hornyculture
10-08-11, 09:11 PM
Goood Moorrnninng Vietnnamm!

Ive just took some cuttings and i have a propogation tray with Jiffys. Now you know you have the tray about 1cm high which you then put the tray which holds the jiffy plugs into, do you fill that little tray with water (so the bottom of the jiffys are immersed) as well as misting the lid and clones?

Also will they be ok under a 600 HPS?

Thanks in advance,

Horny.

Frankie5Fingers
10-08-11, 11:38 PM
Hey there,

Keep the jiffy's moist mate, not wet. Misting the lid increases humidity which a small clone needs to help with rooting. And last but not least, sorry to say, no. A 600W HPS is way too strong for new cuttings. You'll need a CFL for propogation. I use a 110W propogation light to root my cuts. The 600W HPS will be too much heat and light for them at rooting stage.

Good luck mate. If you need anything else, fire away! :)

i_love_hornyculture
11-08-11, 05:42 PM
Hey there,

Keep the jiffy's moist mate, not wet. Misting the lid increases humidity which a small clone needs to help with rooting. And last but not least, sorry to say, no. A 600W HPS is way too strong for new cuttings. You'll need a CFL for propogation. I use a 110W propogation light to root my cuts. The 600W HPS will be too much heat and light for them at rooting stage.

Good luck mate. If you need anything else, fire away! :)

Thanks for the info mate, the tray the jiffys sit in inside the propogation tray (where the bottom of the jiffy holder connects to if you get what imean lol) its about 2 cm high,, do you fill that with a bit of water?

Woody J
19-08-11, 05:55 PM
No, do not fill the grooves with water.
They are there to catch water from runoff.
If you fill them with water, you are creating the perfect environment for bacteria, pathogens, mould and algae.
W

loganberry69
25-09-11, 01:28 PM
done this mistake myself but have started emptying excess water out and have to wait n see if improves over nxt couple of days,had yellowing leaves

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?53745-cuttings-light.3-questions

Woody J
26-09-11, 01:58 PM
As mentioned, do not fill the bottom tray of your propagator with water.

If done correctly, you should not need to "water" the cubes more than once while your cuts root.
Soak the jiffy's, then "flick" them to remove access moisture, do not squeeze, it compromises the structure of the cubes.
Spray cuttings once a day.
After 3 days, open top vent 1/3 and a further 1/3 after 6 days, after 10 you should have rooted cuttings but remove the lid anyway.
If the cube dries out after 5 or 6 days, dip it into water, bottom first, this encourages rooting.
Only do this if the cubes dry out. Moist cube, not wet cube.

Hope this helps. W