PDA

View Full Version : psychoactive buds.... what are they

DrGreen
14-08-11, 02:25 PM
usin mh in flowere increases the psychoactive properties in buds whts this mean lol

easterbunny
14-08-11, 02:46 PM
The major psychoactive chemical compound in cannabis is Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (commonly abbreviated as THC). Cannabis contains more than 400 different chemical compounds, including at least 66 other cannabinoids (cannabidiol (CBD), cannabinol (CBN) and tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV), etc.) which can result in different effects from those of THC alone.[7]

think its prob just a full matured bud.

like if you pick a bud early it wont do anything to you but when its ready then its in a psychoactive state.

cocogrower
14-08-11, 02:50 PM
What EasterBunny said.

The most Psychoactive strain I've ever smoked was Smile, Really does do what it says on the tin.

Sex : Regular
Type : Indica / Sativa
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : unknown
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest : Sept/Oct
Height : Medium
THC Level : Very High
Characteristics : Very psychoactive, smokeable prozac!

Underground Originals Smile is an indica dominant. Smile was created for people who don’t have a lot of head room and would like to get an idea of what a sativa high is like. Every bit of feedback confirms the sativa spirit is dominant in this cross. The great thing about Smile is that it is not a couchlock, everyone that has smoked the bud says it puts a big old smile on their face every time they have a puff of it. This cross has a really nicely balanced and quite complex energetic up high. One tester commented that it should be called prozac from a seed, as it does what prozac ought to do. Smile is a good sog type with little side branching.

Cannabis seeds Flower in 8 to 9 weeks, plants stretch very slowly for about 6 weeks, not quite doubling in height at crop time. So Smile flowered at 12 inches most will go to 22 to 23 inches. Smile responds very well in increased psycho activity if there is some metal halide light when flowering.

easterbunny
14-08-11, 02:59 PM
never read th op rite, soz, i take it it means more thc production etc, i use a dual spec bulb for flower.

Goodbuddy
14-08-11, 02:59 PM
Eyup Ltid8

The plants grow slightly differently and produce different chemical variants of THC in differing quantities depending upon the light wavelengths they receive. Adding blue speccys to flowering provides the additional wavelengths of the light spectrum for nicely balanced THC production, as well as general plant growth. This is one reason why we use Dual Spec Sodiums, They have some blue spectrum in them to help out. If you run pure sodiums then you may well need supplementary blue (MH). Also look at infra-red wavelengths for increasing THC potency :)

peace:p

DrGreen
15-08-11, 08:06 AM
hey :P thnx everyone thats helped alot :) going to give it ago adding a 200w mh with my dual spec hps :) see what happens lol trippy? i hope lol

easterbunny
15-08-11, 03:26 PM
bang a 1kw dual spec in ther lol

DrGreen
15-08-11, 07:40 PM
head fuck quote from google

''1 kW is equal to 1000 watts. How many watts in a kw? 1000 watts. How many watts 1 gigawatt? 1 billion watts. 1 kilo watt how many watts? ...''

LOL

Murdock
15-08-11, 08:34 PM
Eyup Ltid8

The plants grow slightly differently and produce different chemical variants of THC in differing quantities depending upon the light wavelengths they receive. Adding blue speccys to flowering provides the additional wavelengths of the light spectrum for nicely balanced THC production, as well as general plant growth. This is one reason why we use Dual Spec Sodiums, They have some blue spectrum in them to help out. If you run pure sodiums then you may well need supplementary blue (MH). Also look at infra-red wavelengths for increasing THC potency :)

i was lead to believe that if you let the the plant go on in flower more than its recomended period then the cbd,s get stronger giving you the more couchlock hit , not the spec of bulb

Jāck Herer
15-08-11, 08:45 PM
Try mix some lsd in with your nutes.

Helps no end with psychoactive props.

easterbunny
15-08-11, 09:05 PM
i was lead to believe that if you let the the plant go on in flower more than its recomended period then the cbd,s get stronger giving you the more couchlock hit , not the spec of bulb

think thats a whole nother story, what the op is talking about is adding some blue spec in with the red to basically produce more thc,etc, in the same amount of time, supose you could then let the flowering go on for a bit longer and maybe have more of a couch lock than if you done an identicle grow without the blue spec in the mix.

Goodbuddy
15-08-11, 09:16 PM

Eyup pieman,

thats a slightly different thing. As the plant matures at the end of flowering it's trichomes swell up with thc laden oils and turn from clear to cloudy to amber. This generally equates as rushy stone, heady stone, body stone. The 'amberness' is by some considered a bad thing, signifying that the pure thc has degraded. By others as a good thing, because the thc doesn't just 'degrade' but also transforms to CBD and CBN which gives a different stoned effect - usually more heavy. The trick is finding the balance that is just right for you and your fave strain of weed. This in most peoples books Mostly cloudy with about 25% ambers but it's personal choice or gow circumstances which dictate it.

There are exceptions to the above, but if you keep that in mind then your weed should always be just rayt :bong:

Back to the orginal topic to get more phsycoactive buds, grow the plant well and make sure you give her the full light spectrum she needs. It's probably more important to use blue spec MH on the sprouts/vegging plants so the thc they produce is of a sufficiently high enough thc %age or phycoactive chemical content when they flower as the plant is trying to protect itself from the uv effects of it's own particular sun. :) If you hear about stressing plants to produce more thc, then it is usually light stress, ie: uvb they are talking about btw.

DrGreen
15-08-11, 11:35 PM
wow this it turnin into a right good read :D that is mind boggling :)
gonna have to ask my boss what the score is with it all now :D

marijuanamat
13-10-11, 01:34 PM
Metal halides work well in late bloom because they kick out a little UV-b (HPS produce no uv-b)which cannabis gets alot of naturally in there native environments and the canabinoids like THC act as a sunscreen so adding a metal halide will make the plant produce a little more THC.Using a metal halide on its own won't yield quite as much as they would under mixed or HPS lights.