PDA

View Full Version : I made some Hash and I want to know if it smokable(pictures)?

bodyplan
17-08-11, 09:33 AM
I made some Hash using Bubble Bags i used trim from one of my male plants I had 100 gr of trim after I made the hash I see that it is very green and that it don't stick it almost look like a powder I never used Hash before so I don't know what is normal...should I just mixed it with some tobacco and try it?
*I am drying the Hash for about 2 days.

Thanks.

Here are some pictures
*one if the pictures Is just after I made the Hash and the other one is the dry Hash from today.

gbombuk
17-08-11, 09:47 AM
It cant hurt to try it, I very much doubt itll kill you. The first lot (left) looks the least potent. Did you fully let your plants dry before doing this and did you grind up the plant matter aswell? alot of plant matter seems to have got through, mind you being male plants maybe this is the best you can hope for.
Definately smoke some and report back, Im sure alot of people will want to know if you manage to get high off your males ;)
All the best.

SmokinGreen
17-08-11, 09:50 AM
Where did you get the bags? Saw a thread a while ago about dodgy ones which let more stuff through than they were supposed to...

bodyplan
17-08-11, 10:10 AM
the thing is that I made a mistake and after I removed the leafs from the plant I just froze it and then used it with the bags. I read that you should dry your trim but it isn't a "must" I think that the green color is mostly the Chlorophyll from the leafs.
I think the bags are OK I git the from here:
http://puresativa.com/product.php?product=bubble-bag-kits
They are an official bubblebag sellers.

So going to mix it with some tobacco and try it out, and hope for the best :)

P.s
I don't think you should grind the trim because this way you will leave a lot of the good stuff on the grinder's blades.

Stimpy
17-08-11, 11:11 AM
You do seem to have ended up with a lot of plant matter mate.
I think something went wrong there ?
The pics look like soggy weed, and then soggy weed that got dried out.
Hopefully it will get you stoned either way.
How much does your end product weigh ? You had 100g or trim right ?

jmbong
17-08-11, 11:16 AM
alright fella what size micron bags have you got dude?Is it the three bag system?and did ur trim weigh 100g after it was wet

bodyplan
17-08-11, 11:54 AM
This is the 4 bags system(the first is for the trim)...I got 200/160/73/25 micron bags.the trim was cut of the plant and then was frozen right away. and the weight was 100gr I ended up with a tea spoon of Hash(can't weight it...it's almost powder).

I do think that the green color is because of the Chlorophyll I didn't dry out.

The thing is this is my first grow(and my firs male plant) I was happy to see that something is growing(had a ruff start) so now I will be happy with any positive result.
going to take some of the Hash and some tobacco and try to make a spliff.

Tiptoe2009
17-08-11, 12:00 PM
the suspense is killing me man

Goodbuddy
17-08-11, 12:08 PM
It's gonna make you cough a bit but you'll be rayt with that.

What you need to do is scrape it all up into one chunk and start working it with your finger, keep at it and it'll start turning darker and oilier. You could then wrap in some foil and iron it for a few minutes on low setting. This''ll get those oils worked together and activated a bit more. Take it out and work it again in your fingers and you'll have a nice ball/chunk of hash.

Here's some I made earlier (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?50948-Bit-of-Cheesey-AK-Hash-Afghan-Squidgy-Stylee) (although I evaporated and cooked rather than filterbagged it.)

peace:p

bodyplan
17-08-11, 12:09 PM
the suspense is killing me man

LOL :leaf:

It's gonna make you cough a bit but you'll be rayt with that.

What you need to do is scrape it all up into one chunk and start working it with your finger, keep at it and it'll start turning darker and oilier. You could then wrap in some foil and iron it for a few minutes on low setting. This''ll get those oils worked together and activated a bit more. Take it out and work it again in your fingers and you'll have a nice ball/chunk of hash.

Here's some I made earlier (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?50948-Bit-of-Cheesey-AK-Hash-Afghan-Squidgy-Stylee) (although I evaporated and cooked rather than filterbagged it.)

peace:p

goodbuddy, thanks a lot mate!

bodyplan
17-08-11, 02:53 PM
I did as goodbuddy suggested and did got less greener color(not by much).
Smoke report:
Made me 2 spliff...experience was very light...not a strong felling at all :|

lil rasta
19-08-11, 09:09 PM
I made some Hash using Bubble Bags i used trim from one of my male plants I had 100 gr of trim after I made the hash I see that it is very green and that it don't stick it almost look like a powder I never used Hash before so I don't know what is normal...should I just mixed it with some tobacco and try it?
*I am drying the Hash for about 2 days.

Thanks.

Here are some pictures
*one if the pictures Is just after I made the Hash and the other one is the dry Hash from today.

That happened to me 1st time i did it all you did was mix it too long and got alot of plant mata into the mesh therefore making it green still gets you high though

bodyplan
19-08-11, 09:40 PM
lil rasta,
you might have a point about the mixing it to long....did you used fan leafs or trim leafs?

Photosynthesis
19-08-11, 10:11 PM
skin it up m8
the grey powedr looks like it'd b ok if you pressed it
use heat and plenty of pressure
it should stick together when you rupture the trichomes

Cousin Red
26-08-11, 12:35 PM
Bubble bags are meant to separate resinous trichomes from the plant material. Male plants generally don't produce many trichs,though some males can be quite resinous.

Most of the resin production on a male plant,from my experience,occurs on the upper 1/3 to 1/4 of the plant,near the flowers.

The next time out with a male,use only the material from that part of the plant,you should see much better results.

bodyplan
26-08-11, 06:06 PM
Cousin Red ,
Thanks mate, Will try that next time. I "killed" my plant as soon as I saw the male "balls" so I don't think that It had any trichomes on it....I did read that there is some THC in the leafs(talking about all of the leafs and only the trim).

alwaystoned_1
26-08-11, 06:11 PM
its actually better to use fresh frozen trim than to dry it then use it as fresh frozen trim wont brake up as much as dried frozen trim but it will yield a little less than dried trim

Cousin Red
27-08-11, 11:16 AM
No problem Bodyplan. Always glad to help out a new hashmaker.

All the guys I know that use the bags go the fresh frozen trim route,Alwaysstoned.

bodyplan
28-08-11, 11:07 AM
I am not sure about using fresh trim because if you take it fresh you will get a lot of Chlorophyll in it.
Also most of the comments in other thread I opened here:
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?51577-How-should-I-prepare-the-trim-before-i-make-Hash
suggest to dry it first.

lil rasta
31-08-11, 04:47 PM
lil rasta,
you might have a point about the mixing it to long....did you used fan leafs or trim leafs?

just trim leaves dude

jimmy recard
02-09-11, 09:22 AM
Your hash won't have done much because you used an immature male plant.ie. no trics.
Also, it shouldn't matter about chlorophyll because you are aiming to not have plant matter in it, only the resin glands themselves