PDA

View Full Version : Officers 'mistook tomatoes for cannabis'

elite2006
12-07-07, 10:26 AM
Kingston drug squad officers raided a flat in Berrylands but its occupant claims they mistook tomato plants on his balcony for cannabis plants.

Adrian Pattenden said at least eight officers arrived at his flat in King Charles Road at 1.30pm last Wednesday and broke down the door with a battering ram, without giving any prior warning.

Mr Pattenden, 35, who is agoraphobic and suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder, admits to having smoked cannabis in the past but said the raid was too heavy-handed for a single drug user.

He said the trauma of the raid left him unable to leave the house.

He said: "They came screaming down the corridor, shouting Drugs Squad! Get down on the floor!"

They then handcuffed me and a female friend who was staying with me at the time.

"I think they saw my tomato plants on my balcony the day before when they were investigating a burglary downstairs, and thought I was growing cannabis."

DI Aberdeen from Kingston Police denied the tomato plants were the reason for the raid, saying officers received intelligence that drugs were in the flat.

He said: "A warrant was obtained. Quick, immediate and effective entry, which is police policy, was gained to the flat, and cannabis was found."

Mr Pattenden claimed officers searched his flat, including looking at his tomato plants.

No evidence of cannabis cultivation was found, but a small amount of cannabis was discovered in his bedroom, for which Mr Pattenden accepted a formal warning for drug possession.

He said: "They handed me a warrant on the way out, with no apology.

"They told me they would call the council to have the door fixed. My lawyer filed a complaint at the police station the next day."

asci
12-07-07, 10:29 AM
idiots.......

Mr-Dynamic
12-07-07, 10:34 AM
Drug squad? Hah, more like the Plod Squad. Daft buggers.

D
12-07-07, 12:19 PM
Fucking police, they always fuck things up!

People will be scared to grow a fucking geranium in their gardens soon.

Borderline
12-07-07, 12:44 PM
DI Aberdeen from Kingston Police denied the tomato plants were the reason for the raid, saying officers received intelligence that drugs were in the flat.

That just means some cunt next door grassed him in, what a fucker.

Bitterfly
12-07-07, 01:18 PM
what a bunch of tits!!!

Bad Muthafucka
14-07-07, 09:00 PM
To be fair to them, I have occasion to reminstrate over my own lack of ability to differentiate.

Sometimes I'm there, getting all excited over the lovely blunt I'm constructing, then I spark it and suddenly I'm eating a salad.

mentallyill
08-10-12, 08:11 PM
lol this is crazy

Mysteri0n
08-10-12, 08:15 PM
haha i was born and raised in kingston and around the corner from berrlands, thank fuck i dont live there now, if they did that for tomato plants, they'd have kittens if they found my girls :D

M

Eggbox
08-10-12, 10:17 PM
lol this is crazy

Do you mean "lol this is crazy old"? :p

TIKTOK
08-10-12, 10:56 PM
lol this is crazy

Correction:

lol that was crazy

:)