PDA

View Full Version : blueberry help

learner
18-09-08, 02:47 PM
these are all clones from one mother as u can c only 1 plant is showing 5 leafs this is the youngest plant 1 month or so the others have 3 leafs they`re all 3-4 months old anyone know why or how i can correct this

btw motherplant has died may she rest in peace
(feminized dp)

:confused:

dont mind the dates cameras fucked

cornz
18-09-08, 04:51 PM
dont quote me on this as im a newbie grower myself but i too am growing a DP F'd BB and that looks like nute burn!!!!

learner
18-09-08, 09:12 PM
yeh i know bout that got it fixed wat bout the continuas 3 leaves

GreenDaze
19-09-08, 03:41 AM
her hormones are goin radio rental..

blueberry has to be 1 of the most temperamental strains in seeds form

feeding bllueberry can be a fecker but it looks like your plants are deficient in magnesium...you can spot mag def when you leaves are yellowing but the veins remain green ;)
if the leaves were completely yellowing it'd suggest they were hungry for nitrigen(grow ferts)

if you have some epsom salts give them 1/2-1 level teaspoon of epsom salts per gallon of water it should start to correct the mag def...maybe give them a mild dose of grow ferts too :)

*best adding the epsom to a cup of warm water to disolve ...then add the cup to the rest of the water
atb

leafman
19-09-08, 01:04 PM
Yea that needs flushing mate by the greendaze were do you get epsom salts? Its the first time ive used all mix and I think my blue cheeses need it doin.:cowboy:

Congo Demus
19-09-08, 06:15 PM
most chemist/ health food shop/garden centres.
Congo :mr:

learner
19-09-08, 10:03 PM
thanks for the feedback, i forgot to mention these are grown in hydroponic nft tanks would i still need to do the same things

e.g flush, epsom salts
and how would i go bout doing them

GreenDaze
19-09-08, 10:34 PM
yeah same principle...1/2-1 teaspoon of epsom to each gallon of water inside your tank

i wouldn't flush, i'd just change the tank...add the epsom and maybe up the grow nutes a wee bit ;)

if you ever do want to flush in nft it's jsut a case of emptying the tank & filling with plain water ph'd water

learner
19-09-08, 10:43 PM
for how long days weeks (flush i mean)

GreenDaze
19-09-08, 10:48 PM
i wouldn't flush her she looks hungry & deficient already...by flushing you'll only starve her more

if you want to put some plain water through them then 24 hours should be plenty to reset the medium

.....personally i'd change the tank, add epsom and increase the grow nutrient strength slightly(from what you have been feeding)...if the new growth tips don't start to grow nice within 5 days then try a day of water...but you should be fine with just uppin the feed and treating the mag deficiency ;)

learner
20-09-08, 10:56 PM
thanks for feedback
i dont want to up the nutes jus yet cos i had em at full strenght an thats were it got me burnt out leaves, so some advice from keshman about reducing feed helped alot plants starting to recover. and now thanks for the advice i now know that it is a magnesium deffiency thanks ppl

GreenDaze
20-09-08, 11:12 PM
aha

well if you've been running full strength then maybe run some plain ph'd water through the tank for a day(this will lower the concentration of nutes in the medium)...the overfeeding may have caused the lockouts...sorry for the contradiction..i missed the full strength bit :stoned-smilie:

i never give full strength m8...1/2 strength is usually more than enough
d'ya have an e.c pen?

glad it's turning around for ya :D

atb

learner
20-09-08, 11:16 PM
yeh got ec pen
wat do u recommend
u can go to the chat function top of screen i there now cheers

GreenDaze
20-09-08, 11:24 PM
hi m8...just tried the chat but it was just loading & loading & loading lol
what's your water show @ on the meter?
1.0-1.2 nute mix for veg & 1.2-1.4 ec is usually alright as a nute mix for bloom;)
blueberry is meant to be a light/funny feeder so i'd keep an eye on them and lean to the lighter side rather than go to heavy with the nutes...can always up the concentration if the plants tell ya :)
i'm gonna go schmoke a doob, i'll give the chat another crack in a mo' ;)

speak soon

learner
20-09-08, 11:32 PM
im using cann vega a+b manufacturer says full strenght at 1.15 ec im using ec 0.8 at the moment

GreenDaze
21-09-08, 12:35 AM
canna aqua? :thcleaf:

what meter do u have...i use a bluelab truncheon...so the value may be a wee bit off
...there's a data sheet floating about on the net with the different e.c meters and how their individual readings match up

leafman
21-09-08, 08:15 AM
Im not just saying it but if anything under feed them! Blueberry will grow fine with just water remember that. D ont worry so much about feed give it a little every other day if in doubt.

learner
21-09-08, 08:29 PM
i use this truncheon
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UK-NUTRIENT-TRUNCHEON-METER-HYDROPONICS-WAND-EC-PPM-CF_W0QQitemZ220280821012QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item22 0280821012&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C24 0%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
and thanks for info leafman

another question if bb plant in 6 week flower and fan leaves goin pale is it normal or am i fucked also buds look small. smaller leaves still dark green