PDA

View Full Version : Montana Needs Your Help!

BonnieJeanneTonks
22-08-11, 11:19 PM
In Montana, we are fighting to regain the will of the people. A few ignorant legislators decided that the 62% of Montana voters who said, "YES - we want to offer medical marijuana for compassionate purposes" didn't know what they were voting for (and that really is the crux of this.) PLEASE HELP! Get the word out - we need donations! Even $4.20 would be amazing!

Please read: http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_df7d6e6c-cc7d-11e0-8ec9-001cc4c002e0.html

Can you help? This is scary for me, as I am having my medicine taken away. HELP FIGHT THOSE WHO WILL OPPRESS THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE!

Please visit Patients For Reform, Not Repeal http://www.patientsforreform.org/ to find out where you can sign the petition in your area as well as the address where donations can be sent. Thank you!

blazefor20
22-08-11, 11:22 PM
It is my understanding that the people of Montana are the true Patriots of the Country. It seems to me that they represent all that is good in America. With that being said, I can't imagine there would be any resistance to medical marijuana. Who there would oppose it?

BonnieJeanneTonks
23-08-11, 07:08 PM
There are many in Billings who are very vocal about opposing it. Some people are hiding behind religion, but mostly it's money. James Knox, Jeff Essman, Cherrie Brady - these people have almost completely stopped a compassionate industry. Billings BANNED storefronts, telling the ones that are there now that they will have to close. Mark Long, with the Department of Justice, said IN COURT that crime has increased, but HIS OWN NUMBERS show crime has decreased around the state. The fight here is far from over, and I hope you will help support us. There are many others who are ignorant/hateful/misguided and they need to be brought out, too. I was in their camp a few months ago, finally finding help in cannabis and now it's being taken away because we cannot have EDIBLES under the new state law. The chemist who made my medicine (tincture & lozenge) cannot do so because only caregivers and patients can have cannabis, and caregiver to caregiver transactions have been found to be illegal under either law. The oppression is huge and many people are suffering. Please spread the word and help the work we are doing! It WILL impact everyone, as other states look around when writing new laws - what has worked, what can be undone, etc.

THANK YOU!

blazefor20
23-08-11, 07:21 PM
I wish I could help, but I am in a State that has zero tolerance for any use, medical or otherwise. My support must stay at home for now. I do wish you and your ppl well on the good fight though. We, in my State have a long way to go just to catch up to your level right now.

Grub
23-08-11, 07:29 PM
I have moved your thread to a more suitable section.

As much as I sympathize with your situation, please remember that 99% of the forum members are from the UK where Cannabis is illegal everywhere, so I doubt that you will get much, if any financial support to help lobby against the laws in a state in the U.S.

I do wish you luck though. :)

The Lost Soul
23-08-11, 08:11 PM
Do you know Hannah Montana?

Cousin Red
26-08-11, 01:39 PM
Your Governor showed some real stones by vetoing the repeal measure,Bonnie. As long as that guy is in office,or someone like minded,you're in good shape.