PDA

View Full Version : Buying seeds

Alzy
26-08-11, 12:56 AM
Where's the best place to get seeds in Essex?

Alzy
26-08-11, 02:10 AM
Do I need to order over the net? Any recommendations?

Alzy
26-08-11, 02:14 AM
Been told of a seed bank in Southend ?
Any ideas?

Alzy
26-08-11, 02:15 AM
Or will I have to convince my missus to a trip to dam?

The_Fonz
26-08-11, 02:47 AM
This site is new but do pick n mix on some great seeds they also take cash orders and i got mine no worries at all. great services to email them and there super helpfull.

hope this spost is ok my first on the site - glad to be here!

****LINK REMOVED****

Koconut
26-08-11, 03:00 AM
Yo. So i was just nosying in on this thread and saw a 'sweet fast bud #2 fem...' on that Herbie site which claims to flower from seed in 5 short weekies. Any thoughts on this (unlikely) one I rather do fancy it :toke:

The_Fonz
26-08-11, 03:32 AM
there is also a 5-7 weeker, Auto Cream Caramel meant to be a sexy little number! i am on pineapple express autos atm the gonna get pics and diary up tomorrow
****LINk REMOVED****

smokymcpot
26-08-11, 08:00 AM
if essex has the internet,try them ;)

c1154901
26-08-11, 08:28 AM
buy them from Joey Essex

Alzy
26-08-11, 10:46 AM
Asked joey if he had any he said there up his reem

RedWhiteBlueGreen
26-08-11, 12:35 PM
Use the power of Google - whatever the name of ur nearest local town is, just type in "Hydroponic Shop Southend" or "Grow Equipment Southend", etc (i can't think of other Essexy place names immediately, but u get the idea)

Be aware tho, also due to the power of Google, alot of the bigger selling grow-shops & mail-order firms will have their company names search linked to automatically come up on the word "Hydroponic" or "Grow Equipment", etc so even if they come up at the top of the search results list, they may not necessarily be anywhere near Southend. But just spend abit of time browsing, click on their links & most have contact details tabs that'll give u their addresses to confirm they are in Southend, etc before u get too unnecessarily excited.

I'd be surprised if there aren't any grow-shops in a few of the main towns in Essex, but if not there's tons of mail order places online (including THC Talks shop online which is reputable). Though again, if u do find a mail order one u like, before ordering anything, try putting the name of it into google along with the words "Review" or "Scam", etc (i.e "THC Talk Review", "THC Talk Scam", etc) and this should bring up a few useful reviews from previous customers & also any potential warnings about scams or bad quality, etc. (in fact this works fine for anything u order online from a company ur not sure of & is a good habit to get into)

RedWhiteBlueGreen
26-08-11, 12:38 PM
Also, i just remembered u were asking about buying seeds only, not equipment, which is abit different; most grow shops aren't actually allowed to sell seeds if they're also selling the grow equipment too. Therefore most will set-up a separate Head Shop selling usual bongs, rizlas, etc that they are allowed to sell seeds from. So maybe try "Cannabis Seeds Southend" as ur search instead. If not, u must know of a shop selling bongs, etc so go in & ask them.

Law Abiding Citizen
26-08-11, 12:44 PM
isnt attitude seed bank based around essex some were ?

Alzy
26-08-11, 01:30 PM
Cheers guys found a place called dr kronic on the sea front the magic of google!!
Must have passed it many a time but when your not looking you don't see.
Cheers for the help thx talkers

Alzy
26-08-11, 01:45 PM
Also while I'm here on my tea break!
How much is average I would be paying for a pack?
And any varietys I should look out for for the newbie grower?

RedWhiteBlueGreen
27-08-11, 02:02 AM
Lol - come on, comparing average prices is another simple google task! Just think, search, read & compare! hehe!

But seriously, is good u asking & helps always good to offer, so in brief, average prices for 5 seeds sold by main well-known seed co's will be £20 - £30 for medium strength weed & the mixed selection bags, £35 - £70 for famous name high grade & exciting crosses, £80 - £150 for stupidly strong, major cup-winning weed & ridiculously expensive hybrids from famous growers. Most seed co's do them in pack sizes of 1, 3, 5 & 10 (depending how extensive ur shop stocks) and prices alter relatively.

I'm not so good on advising varieties, tho they say indicas are easier for new growers to try than sativas. My main point would be to choose seeds from seed co who got fairly established history or ones that've won cups or get good reviews online, etc. Choosing good quality seeds is the best start to any grow & i'd personally look to spend at least about £30 - £35 for pack of 5 (or £60 - £65 for pack of 10, etc) and u should get fun choice of varieties within that range. Or maybe i'm just a stickler for quality, but enjoy it anyway!

Alzy
28-08-11, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the advise my multicoloured friend.