27-08-11, 11:03 PM
hi
i have a dr120 grow tent
Rhino Pro Filter 150mm 6" VK 480m3 Fan
600W diamond air cooled
VK in line fan 100mm 5"
smscom twin fan controller

i have a prob with setup any help would be great
all i want to know is if this setup pictured below would still need a inlet fan at the bottom of the tent

http://www.ecotechnics.co.uk/index_htm_files/613.png

easterbunny
27-08-11, 11:17 PM
you could have your cf outside the tent and have your fan sucking air threw your shade out the tent and threw the carbon filter and stick that other fan down in the corner sucking fresh air in.

people normaly go cf/air cooled shade then extraction but as your shade only has one end for ducting you couldnt.

Mr_nice_wannabe
27-08-11, 11:37 PM
does that way effect the performance of the C/F in any way
if not then i'll go with that way you said mate
thx easterbunny

easterbunny
28-08-11, 01:03 PM
no m8 i dont think it does efect the performance, a few people on hear blow air threw their filters rather than suck, check out a few diarys, i was thinking about puting a 10" cf on top of my tent with a 10" ruck then ducting then one of them spilter things that conect 2 pieces of ducting to one and basicaly suck the hot air from my veg tent and flower tent and push it threw my filter.

Goodbuddy
28-08-11, 01:15 PM
That diagram/set up would be great for cooler temps in autumn/winter as the intake is being warmed by the light hood.

In summer/hotter temps you'd suffer a bit because you'd be venting warmer air onto the light so would still need probably an additional intake fan to provide as much cool air as possible to keep temps controlled a bit.

peace:p

thetownbike
28-08-11, 05:32 PM
Having the carbon filter on the inside of your grow room/tent is good in that it effectively gives your intake more area space so you are pulling more odour in, helpful if you want to minimise smell getting out when you open the door or whatever to check on the plants. But if your room is gonna be closed most of the time it wont make a huge difference I'd say, go for whatever is handiest..

Mr_nice_wannabe
28-08-11, 07:15 PM
going to give it a try with the air intake blowing on the bulb if temp are high still i have to buy a 3rd fan what size should i go for
to keep the negative pressure