PDA

View Full Version : canna coco soil

STEVSTER
31-08-11, 03:59 PM
hi all, decided to try different soil for this grow, i usually use bio all mix but went for canna coco professional. didn't read up on it so here it is. my problem is that the water is running straight thru & flooding tent. i've been watering daily with 1 litre with a little rhizo. been in veg for 3 weeks now & only 6/7 " tall with purple stems & leaves all a bit yellow colouring :confused::confused:

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/eeee_002.JPG
vanilla kush

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/eeee_001.JPG
trainwreck

its just canna coco soil with a little perlite in thats it. have i made a mistake here, why does water drain off so soil is dry not long after watering. NEED SOME HELP FOLKS!!!!.

up2nogood
31-08-11, 04:15 PM
how quick do you pour the water? I pour mine in my coco slowly then wait a few seconds then pour again,if you do it too quickly the water will just come out of the pot,and the roots may not be taking as much water.the yellow could be that you are over watering as well

STEVSTER
31-08-11, 04:27 PM
tried that up2nogood still just runs out after a while. are you suppose to mix anything in with your coco ??? still have my bio feeds will it be ok to use them for feeding ???

up2nogood
31-08-11, 04:32 PM
no I added a tiny amount of perlite.. people have said you can't over water coco.Have you a tray for run off? or do you soak your run off into the bottom of the pot? maybe the holes are too big or you have too many.when I water my coco I get a good 20% run off and throw that away. The water needs to escape anyway so use some blocks of wood and get yourself a little plastic container for the water to fall into,that way it won't flood your tent,if you look at my coco diary you will see the blocks of wood and the container,think it's on page 6

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?51368-Up2-s-White-Berry-coco-grow/page6

FordCapri
01-09-11, 12:46 AM
The plants look starving! Just to clarify mate, you are definitely using Canna Coco?

If so, you will need to use a coco (prefered) or hydro feed. Such as Canna A & B, Hesi Coco, Ionic Coco or hydro.

Coco has no nutrients in it. Soil does

The plant is probably not drinking much of the water because there is no feed in it. Once you get some nutrients for it, give the plant a good flush with feed. Then don't water again until the pot is very light to lift. Then water again with feed. Once the plant starts to pick up (leaves will turn a nice shade of green, purple stems may remain on old growth but not new), you can start to water more regularly.

FordCapri
01-09-11, 12:54 AM

to give you an idea the plant on the far right of this pic is in Canna Coco Pro using Ionic Coco Grow @ PH6.0 and E.C 1.4 under a 250watt CFL. 3 litre air pot. This plant gets 1 litre of water every 3 to 4 days.

This is 4 weeks veg from a rooted clone.

Photosynthesis
01-09-11, 12:57 AM
did you buy canna coco, thinking its the same as soil?

Photosynthesis
01-09-11, 01:04 AM
when i handwater my coco pots, the coco is an inch or so from top of pot,
i just fill the empty space with nute feed 'quickly'. which soaks thru to the tray in about 3 seconds, wetting all the coco.
then i will let pots sit in runoff for 10-15 mins MAXIMUM then empty the tray.
it dont exit as fast as yours sounds but this method usually only applies to well established root systems/plants. otherwise the coco gets too disrupted and ends with a 'hole'

STEVSTER
01-09-11, 06:43 PM
i did mate
did you buy canna coco, thinking its the same as soil?