PDA

View Full Version : Pro's & Con's of 12/12?

wrekstar
02-09-11, 11:27 PM
Have your say.

Mr Swilly
03-09-11, 01:47 AM
Pros you can flower
Cons you can't veg.

SmokeMyPiece
03-09-11, 02:15 AM
has to be a typo

lil rasta
03-09-11, 04:39 PM
I think he means advantages of 12/12 from seed rather than vegging first.

Advantages: Shorter cycle, shorter plants, If its sativa dominent then may be handy a they strech like a bitch

Disadvantages: Less yield, no scrog or lst, Mainly just a main cola plant

wrekstar
03-09-11, 06:38 PM
I think he means advantages of 12/12 from seed rather than vegging first.

Advantages: Shorter cycle, shorter plants, If its sativa dominent then may be handy a they strech like a bitch

Disadvantages: Less yield, no scrog or lst, Mainly just a main cola plant

exactly what i ment, sawz.

easterbunny
03-09-11, 08:16 PM
i'm currently doing my 1st 12/12 from seed grow and i'm happy with the results so far. the only reason i'm doing 12/12 from seed is because i had to stop growing to go on me holls. and wanted the quickest harvest with the beans i had, so 12/12 it was lol.

i've got another 6 badboys going for an 8 week veg as we speak, so i guess when i harvest the 12/12s it'll prob be the 1st and last time i do one lol

heres my blue cheese sativa dom phino @ 5 weeks and 1 day flower(thouhgt i'd chuck the one day in for good measure lol) i've got a couple of indica phenos, the yield won't be as good as the sat ones but they should finish a couple weeks earlier than the rest so thats a plus.

soz bout the pic's dunno how to make them bigger......

Diply
03-09-11, 08:35 PM
12/12 = faster,smaller and you could still reveg after to make a full size plant, but LST it like crazy to get the biggest yield
@easterbunny have a look at the photo upload video in my signature, might help with pic size..

Pugz
03-09-11, 09:10 PM
Am i reading this right?
Can i flower a seedling. From what im getting it sounds like you can put a seedling under 12/12 without it being a Auto

paul_sheff
03-09-11, 09:13 PM
yes pugz you can go 12/12 from seed and basically force the seedling to flower soon as its mature enough to be able , some people would rather 12/12 from seed with regular strains than doing auto's on 18/6 or 20/4 , apparently you yeild more and use 6 hours less leccy per day

paul

Jāck Herer
03-09-11, 09:14 PM
If you have a decent light on them and they are in at least 11L pots your laughing (mainly at the people that veg)

Diply
03-09-11, 09:17 PM
Can i flower a seedling. From what im getting it sounds like you can put a seedling under 12/12 without it being a Auto
Yep, thats what im talking about, a normal seed (not an auto) there lots of 12/12 from seed grows on here if you have a look around i think teutonic did one fairly recently, hang on i'll look it up....won't be long..found it here it is

Teuts 12/12 grow (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?43914-The-12-12-two-strain-experiment-diary)

easterbunny
03-09-11, 09:28 PM
Am i reading this right?

yeh mate the two pic i added are 12/12 from seed, they spent a week germing and popping in a propogator while i was away, when i got back i put them strait under a 600 hps 2 weeks l8r they started flowering, i thing if you use mature clones they start flowering quicker, but you would need to root the clone for a week or two.

Pugz
03-09-11, 09:35 PM
Yep, thats what im talking about, a normal seed (not an auto) there lots of 12/12 from seed grows on here if you have a look around i think teutonic did one fairly recently, hang on i'll look it up....won't be long..found it here it is

Teuts 12/12 grow (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?43914-The-12-12-two-strain-experiment-diary)

Just had a quick look through that diary. Nice result for a 12/12 from seed
I may do one my self

easterbunny
03-09-11, 09:37 PM
12/12 = faster,smaller and you could still reveg after to make a full size plant, but LST it like crazy to get the biggest yield
@easterbunny have a look at the photo upload video in my signature, might help with pic size..

cheers dip, kinda confused my stoned ass though lol does that make the pics i put in threads bigger.

Mr Swilly
03-09-11, 09:43 PM
12/12 from seed yields depends lots on the strain.
All regular or feminised seeds require verging period. You may as well have them on 18/6 in the early days.
You will yield a lot more, for a few pence more on eleccy.

Diply
03-09-11, 09:48 PM
cheers dip, kinda confused my stoned ass though lol does that make the pics i put in threads bigger.

yes the key thing is to make sure the original pics are below 600 x 400 before upload, then make sure you choose the "linked image" text to copy and paste from album, rather than the "linked thumbnail"

lil rasta
03-09-11, 11:45 PM
from what i have seenif started at 12/12 then it still vegs for 2/3 weeks then flowers so you should just do a 2 week veg then 12/12 for bigger plants

Diply
04-09-11, 12:04 AM
That's a good point, rasta and Swilly, has anyone done a comparison grow _ 12/12 right through compared to 18/6 for 3 weeks then 12/12.?

wrekstar
04-09-11, 12:07 AM
What would be the point of 12/12 though really if autoflowers are about
except for eleccy?

Diply
04-09-11, 12:10 AM
Larger yield than some autos

mylo
05-09-11, 07:17 PM
also can have a constant grow cycle in one chamber if all on 12/12

s1me
05-09-11, 07:28 PM
What would be the point of 12/12 though really if autoflowers are about
except for eleccy?

Perpetual grow room with no need for a veg room

lambert29
05-09-11, 07:31 PM
I have found it to be quicker and more productive to veg them for 10days. Because they is still a veg time on 12/12 from seed you might as well give them more light within that time. I find it very slow at the start with a young plant under 12hrs of light so i put in under 20hrs and more recently iv'e started doing 24hrs. I find the plant excels at the start compared to a slow limp start under 12hrs of light leading to the plant being bigger, showing sex quicker and finishing quicker. The only con being more electric

wrekstar
05-09-11, 08:44 PM
I have found it to be quicker and more productive to veg them for 10days. Because they is still a veg time on 12/12 from seed you might as well give them more light within that time. I find it very slow at the start with a young plant under 12hrs of light so i put in under 20hrs and more recently iv'e started doing 24hrs. I find the plant excels at the start compared to a slow limp start under 12hrs of light leading to the plant being bigger, showing sex quicker and finishing quicker. The only con being more electric

in how long do you harvest?
and what lighting

lambert29
05-09-11, 09:06 PM
400watt hps but a dimmer ballast, I turn it down at the start and work up to 400watts. Quickest i have done is rocklock and it took 67days.

easterbunny
05-09-11, 09:16 PM
if you veg for 2 weeks first then your still going to have 1-2 weeks preflower and stretch. so thats adding 3-4weeks then say 9-11 weeks flower. as i mentiond b4 the only reason for me doing this current 12/12 from seed is that i need seed to weed in the quckest time possible with the beans i had, as i had to stop the grow to go on holliday and stuff. soon as there done i'll be moveing the ladies from my veg tent in that are haveing some extreme bondage done on em. dont think i'll do 12/12 from seed again. prob going to reveg the indica pheno into re veg for cuts.

phew feck knowes were i'm going with this hear, melted...

teutonic
05-09-11, 10:03 PM
12/12 from seed shaves 2 weeks off total grow time. At the expense of yield.

12/12 is necessary for me due to restricted height in me groom, which is effectively
1x1x1.5high cos' of the fekin boiler. lol

12/12 and lst work quite well but its a technique for perpetual stealth/small growing in limited space. Its not the way to win potm, but I like it. Keeps things more managable in my restricted spot.

Pugz
05-09-11, 10:10 PM
12/12 from seed shaves 2 weeks off total grow time. At the expense of yield.

12/12 is necessary for me due to restricted height in me groom, which is effectively
1x1x1.5high cos' of the fekin boiler. lol

12/12 and lst work quite well but its a technique for perpetual stealth/small growing in limited space. Its not the way to win potm, but I like it. Keeps things more managable in my restricted spot.

How much do you get through in between grows and how many plants ya need to cover you
I also have height issues and need a perpetual grow im very interested in this 12/12 lark

teutonic
05-09-11, 10:19 PM
How much do you get through in between grows and how many plants ya need to cover you
I also have height issues and need a perpetual grow im very interested in this 12/12 lark

smoke the trim when the buds are all gone. I was down to my 'c' grade trim by the time this last lot was ready. Ive kept the leafs this time too, but im hoping to just about have the next lot ready by the time i run out of bud. Smoke an ounce a month so i dont need huge yields

Pugz
05-09-11, 10:30 PM
smoke the trim when the buds are all gone. I was down to my 'c' grade trim by the time this last lot was ready. Ive kept the leafs this time too, but im hoping to just about have the next lot ready by the time i run out of bud. Smoke an ounce a month so i dont need huge yields

Is that off one plant?

Ive got plans but not gunna get in to it now. But i wanna get good weed and have enough to get me thro until next.

Stimpy
05-09-11, 10:37 PM
Did 12/12 from seed v recently with 2 unknown seeds.

Good thing was they both showed they were hermie early so I could bin them.
Good for a small space as well.

The grow was a fail but prob cos of the unknown seeds or 3 x 22w household CFL, not sure really.

Might try 12/12 again in the future.

DrGreen
06-09-11, 08:55 AM
watch my diary., i flip into flower in 2-3 weeks,

im also covering a 5 way diary..

my main is the waterfarm, to fill it out im doing 12/12 from seed on a mixed variety of autos and normals,
and style.. im doing hempy buckets to help with the rooting (no veg) makes it faster

also i wil be testing 3 strains the saem in coco/pearlite and pearlite/vermic mix,

then to top it off.. ive been allowed to test the growouts seeds too,

so im doing a waterfarm, /with 12/12 reg and auto / hempy buckets in 3styles / and a grow out seed, in one diary :) so will be verry interesting lol

got help from g-man(hempys) heaths deciples(waterfarm) and grub(grow outs)

thanks all :)

lil rasta
06-09-11, 08:52 PM
i vegged for 2 weeks and now im on day 11 of 12/12 still no sex shown but they now smell