PDA

View Full Version : Lumatek dimmable ballast

Shanti boodica
06-09-11, 11:31 AM
Hello everyone just wondering if any ones had any troubles with thier lumatek 600w dimmable ballasts I ordered myself one and didn't use it for a couple weeks because I had no need . About a week ago a went to a local hydro store to try to buy a second ballast and was told they don't bother getting them in no more because thier quote nothing but trouble and most people bring them back so I had to order myself one offline again which ain't my favourite thing to do Anyway I plugged both of these bad boys in a couple days ago and had them both plugged in to my contracter all correctly as usual my temps and everything's correct and controlled with a controller as usual but I was smelling a burning coming from the lamps that then what 13 hours the bulbs lasted till both bulbs blew grrr For my trouble I went straight back to my store and bought 2 digi maxibright 600w with bulbs and they are fine anybody got any ideas on why these ballast are playing up or have I been the most unlucky sod to buy 2 brand new faulty ballasts ?

Mr_Bimble
08-09-11, 11:13 PM
Lumitec's have a two year warr' so if they're faulty they will replace them. The growshop I got mine from said they've had some incompatibilities with some bulbs - try the lumitec set at 600W with a 600W grolux bulb and see if that's OK.

Touch wood I've had no issues at all with my 250/400 switchable and grolux dual spec bulb.

Also check the length of the lead from the ballast to the lamp, I think it needs to be < 2 meters.