PDA

View Full Version : graffting

easterbunny
12-09-11, 10:51 AM
alrite people of thc talk, so i'm currently flowering out a s.o.g of blue cheese and i'm planning on revegeing 3 of the phenos to take cuts for a graft. indica dom, sat dom, and the 3rd i would say is 50/50 ther is also a pheno that is way out yielding the rest.

would it be a good idea to use the big yielding pheno as a base to graft onto or should i check for the one with the best root growth?

any tips or experiance or critisism welcome lol

Pugz
12-09-11, 10:57 AM
alrite people of thc talk, so i'm currently flowering out a s.o.g of blue cheese and i'm planning on revegeing 3 of the phenos to take cuts for a graft. indica dom, sat dom, and the 3rd i would say is 50/50 ther is also a pheno that is way out yielding the rest.

would it be a good idea to use the big yielding pheno as a base to graft onto or should i check for the one with the best root growth?

Ill stand up for the next one...............

That went completly over my head lol

easterbunny
12-09-11, 11:04 AM
i want to graft 3 phenos onto 1 plant to keep as a mother so i can keep the phenos going without all the plants, i'll then flower the mother out, if i acomplish this then im gona try a mother with 5-8 diffrent strains on.

wah wah
12-09-11, 11:05 AM
Erm..........what does grafting mean, does it mean to cheat people out of something?Sorry easterbunny.

up2nogood
12-09-11, 11:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGhWLaTopL4

sqydro
Theres a vid on grafting in this section folks by sean mcpot, i dobt think it matter what host you put it on mate, its just means that ul need to tag each graft whith what pheno uve put on it then every growth beyond the grafting point will be cuts of said pheno?? Do u no what im saying lol

Pugz
i want to graft 3 phenos onto 1 plant to keep as a mother so i can keep the phenos going without all the plants, i'll then flower the mother out, if i acomplish this then im gona try a mother with 5-8 diffrent strains on.

Sounds interesting?
Is this hard to do or is it somat i can read up on and do with simple tools

When you flower said mother does this mean you will get different strains on one plant

easterbunny
12-09-11, 11:13 AM
you take a plant, take a cut off it then take a cut from a diff plant, slice the end into a v, go back to were you took the cut from the 1st plant and cut an inert v then slide the 2nd cutting into the 1st plant, give it a stooky and cover with a bag for humidity exchangeing air periodicaly untill it roots, basically root your cuttings strait into an established plant.

its not as strait forreard as that but thats the just of it. lots of info on hear,google,youtube. have a look.

easterbunny
12-09-11, 11:16 AM
Theres a vid on grafting in this section folks by sean mcpot, i dobt think it matter what host you put it on mate, its just means that ul need to tag each graft whith what pheno uve put on it then every growth beyond the grafting point will be cuts of said pheno?? Do u no what im saying lol

yeh i no that, was thinkig better root growth means better growth up top.

up2nogood
12-09-11, 11:16 AM
better one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vy_NFZwkcs&feature=related

easterbunny
12-09-11, 11:17 AM
Sounds interesting?
Is this hard to do or is it somat i can read up on and do with simple tools

When you flower said mother does this mean you will get different strains on one plant

a bit of reading and you should be fine m8.

and yeh thats the idea flower all the phenos/strains on one plant.

babybud3232
12-09-11, 11:39 AM
I'd go with the most root growth dunno why but i think better roots stronger plant "imo" just a newbe here tho, so dare say someone in the know will reply

sqydro
12-09-11, 11:40 AM
yeh i no that, was thinkig better root growth means better growth up top.

Yeah ur right there, any pics on it mate id love to see it done imagine growing a pkant with 4 diff colas on it lol be sweet!!

Pugz
12-09-11, 11:56 AM
a bit of reading and you should be fine m8.

and yeh thats the idea flower all the phenos/strains on one plant.

Just had a read of some sites Sounds fun
I may have a go over christmas will have plenty of time to practice lol

Can this be done with smaller plants or is it best to use a well established plants ??

easterbunny
12-09-11, 02:36 PM
Yeah ur right there, any pics on it mate id love to see it done imagine growing a pkant with 4 diff colas on it lol be sweet!!

i'm still flowering just now, a few weeks in it yet. when finished i'll stick em back in the veg tent, soon as they start getting new growth i'll start i diary on it

you could have the ultimate cheese plant. cheese, blue cheese. cheesey dick, chiesle. la cheese. all on one bad boy or watever tickles your fancey lol

easterbunny
12-09-11, 02:39 PM
Just had a read of some sites Sounds fun
I may have a go over christmas will have plenty of time to practice lol

Can this be done with smaller plants or is it best to use a well established plants ??

i've only saw it done on established plants, however thers no reason to say it wont take to a young plant. i think young plants may recover quicker as the stems are not as tough,

PG
12-09-11, 03:42 PM

The only advice I can give from experience is, it's not as easy as it looks. I've made two attempts now and both failed. So I wish you better luck than what I had.

The plant with the healthiest root base should be used as the root stock.

easterbunny
12-09-11, 08:10 PM
makes sence to do it that way

sqydro
12-09-11, 08:24 PM
Lol 5 cheese pasta ur favorite by any chance lol.

Id have sweet tooth, jack herrer, blue cheese, chronic, white widow!! Now thats a plant lol

strewth
12-09-11, 08:29 PM
i've only saw it done on established plants, however thers no reason to say it wont take to a young plant. i think young plants may recover quicker as the stems are not as tough,

I tried it once and failed, only thing i learnt was the plant needs to be more established, if it's more established the stems on the lower part of the plant are thicker and stronger thus making it easy to support said cutting, i was gonna try it again but thought i didn't want all my eggs in one basket kinda thing, if you do try it i would try to use strains that are all pretty similar in there nute requirment coz if you were gonna flower her it could be a mare if one part of the plant needs more Calcium or something

easterbunny
12-09-11, 08:31 PM
^^^nice mate, i've only been growing from january(with blue cheese) going to finish up this year with it. come january jack herrer,og kush and something purple is on the cards, want to try make my own purple cheese lol i've got some NL beans but i dont know were they came from or if they are deffo NL so i've been a bit aprehencive to take up space with them.

easterbunny
12-09-11, 08:35 PM
I tried it once and failed, only thing i learnt was the plant needs to be more established, if it's more established the stems on the lower part of the plant are thicker and stronger thus making it easy to support said cutting, i was gonna try it again but thought i didn't want all my eggs in one basket kinda thing, if you do try it i would try to use strains that are all pretty similar in there nute requirment coz if you were gonna flower her it could be a mare if one part of the plant needs more Calcium or something

cheers dz, all the phenos i'm going to use are takeing the same feed, none of them will go over 1.4. i dont see it being a problem with the cutts i'll be useing but if i were to be putting diff straines on it then it would deffo be something to think about. so you think letting the plant mature untill sex is visable would be the better option?

strewth
12-09-11, 08:39 PM
cheers dz, all the phenos i'm going to use are takeing the same feed, none of them will go over 1.4. i dont see it being a problem with the cutts i'll be useing but if i were to be putting diff straines on it then it would deffo be something to think about. so you think letting the plant mature untill sex is visable would be the better option?

Not realy about showing sex more about nice strong stems to hold the new cutting, can be a right fiddle an all mate lol i might even try it again, would be proper mad growing 8 plants in 1 lol

easterbunny
12-09-11, 08:52 PM
^ yeh its one of them must trys lol