PDA

View Full Version : Scrog and Auto's?

Tabbatha
13-09-11, 05:30 PM
Yo yo,

Bit of advice if you wouldn't mind..

Does anyone see why scrogging 5 auto's would be a bad idea? From what I understand about scrogging, it's best done while the plants are in veg, but as you know we sort of bypass this phase with auto's. As they tend to be a lot shorter than regular fems, is scrogging still going to be a good tool to increase the yield for auto's?

Thoughts appreciated.

:)

Anabolic
13-09-11, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't SCROG but I would look into LST

Tabbatha
13-09-11, 06:47 PM
Cheers anabolic,

I did LST on my last auto grow and it worked wonders. IMO it's a must for any low-yielding strains.

Out of interest, is the reason that you wouldn't scrog because I'm looking at auto's?

Cheers mate :)

Anabolic
13-09-11, 07:00 PM
I doubt you could get a long enough veg to fill the screen unless you had a few plants there

LST is very similar to a SCROG without the net

If you had good results before why not do it again

The Fringe
13-09-11, 07:32 PM
It's all about the veg & training with scrog, & as you 'ain't got any veg time, & you can't top the bleeders, there isn't much point.
I agree with the lst, get as much light to the lower buds & that would be the best bet IMO.

TF

easterbunny
13-09-11, 07:32 PM
why dont you hang your bulb horizontal and place your 4 autos round the bulb, give your pots a qtr turn each day.

Tabbatha
13-09-11, 07:52 PM
Ok, that's enough for me to make a choice. I'll scrap the scrog idea and just go with LST'ing again.

Cheers guys.

:)