liamdg
14-09-11, 06:56 PM
hey i have a white widow im a first time grower
it is 6 inches tall had it for 3 weeks now and it has hardly any leafs
please could i get some advise
thanks

rndusername
14-09-11, 06:58 PM
To me, and I'm not expert!, it looks quite stretched....what lights are you using ?

liamdg
14-09-11, 07:07 PM
i was using a cabinet light which was stupid im now using a double flourecent both at 60w is this ok

rndusername
14-09-11, 07:09 PM
Not really, well, you're not going to get much of a yield off that kind of a light.

How close is the light to the plant ? To give you some idea I put my 250w CFL about 2inches from the plant after a couple of weeks.

If you want a decent yield then it's worth making an investment in a decent light, at the very minimum....

liamdg
14-09-11, 07:10 PM
ive put the light really clos to it so it gets enough heat

rndusername
14-09-11, 07:16 PM
How close is "really close" ?! Have you got the spare capital to invest in a new light at all ?

What light cycle have you got it on ? What are your other specs, how are you growing it, etc etc..

liamdg
14-09-11, 07:17 PM
what light would you recomend

up2nogood
14-09-11, 07:19 PM
this is my 3 to 4 week old plant.. the aim is to get the light as low as possible to your plant without burning and I always use a good cfl wattage like a 300w dual spec.I have had this on the plant for 24 days or so about an inch above but always check if it gets too close,.Get a decent light as rndusername states
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/resized_100_0606.JPG

liamdg
14-09-11, 07:22 PM
yeah got the capital im growing it in me lounge freely no one ever comes to me house so got it in a large pot so the only sauce of heat is the lights i have been feeding it with mirical grow and water from the tap letting that stand for 24 hours the light is about 1 inch from the plant

liamdg
14-09-11, 07:30 PM
here is a pic of the set up its against the wall with the lights next to it

liamdg
14-09-11, 07:38 PM
ok i just purchased 250w cfl from ebay i will give that a go cheers every body

rndusername
14-09-11, 07:43 PM
I'm not sure feeding it miracle grow is a good idea, although others are better placed to comment.

You'll need an E40 socket for the light to go in, if it doesn't come with one, and a reflector is a good idea (which usually has a socket built-in), or you can make your own, there's plenty of DIY threads on here.

Read some of the beginners guides, read my first grow diary, read others' diaries, it'll give you a good idea of what's needed...

Trev
14-09-11, 07:48 PM
Looks ok to me

rndusername
14-09-11, 07:54 PM
Really ?! You don't think the comparison between the two is saying something ?

I realise all strains are different but.....

Mine at 3 weeks (Auto, 250w CFL) :

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Image000271.jpg

spot
14-09-11, 08:21 PM
I would pack some soil around your girl to at least a cm from the cotyledons the first babys leafs the single blade leafs. also i would lay of the Mirical grow full stop and use something else at about 3-4 weeks of age biobizz is a good starting point to get the feel of feeding nutes if this is your first time.
Good luck mate.

liamdg
14-09-11, 08:44 PM
thanks for the good advise peeps at the end of the day all i did was pay for dope every week and hundred quid a week was taking the piss so i though i would start to grow a bit for me self

whitetop
14-09-11, 08:54 PM
250w cfl with reflector <-- very important
as stated 2inch from top of plant don't pack any soil as stated in other posts it will not give much air to roots and i've tried it and she stretched more out of the soil.try supporting her with something i used some soft string around the pot crossed over (see in the members gallery.)

keep light at top of plant not sides unless using low watt lights 1 top 2 sides.

take advice with a pinch of salt as im not a pro but just stating on what ive read and done.

Trev
14-09-11, 08:57 PM
Didn't realise it was I'n for 3 weeks sorry thought it was just a seedling that opened up if that's the case doubt it not enough light mate also check your tens that can slow the growth if it's to hot here's a picture of mine at 3 weeks longer than yours http://tapatalk.com/mu/520d0af1-09f6-d358.jpg

liamdg
14-09-11, 09:07 PM
thanks trev what is tens

Trev
14-09-11, 09:25 PM
Sorry mate predictive texting a pain meant to say temps if it goes over 32is the plant tends to sweat and shut down , stops feeding and grows slower might be worth you getting a 400 watt light mate

liamdg
14-09-11, 09:29 PM
ok mate ive checket the temp and its at 28 degrees i have now put the light on top of the plant about an inch off will have to do untill me other light arives

rndusername
14-09-11, 09:31 PM
Just double check with the back of your hand between the light and the top of the plant, if it's not hot on your hand, then it's not going to be too hot for the plant.

liamdg
14-09-11, 09:40 PM
yeah just checked na its not really that hot my new light will arrive in 3 days from ebay is there any thing i could use to give it good heat in the mean time

rndusername
14-09-11, 09:43 PM
Why do you think it needs heat ? You just posted it was 28 degrees, that's up near the maximum it should be......during "light's off" you ideally want it to drop about 10 degrees.

What light cycle are you using ?

Seriously, it sounds like you've got the funds......sounds like you've got the space.....sounds like you've got the willingness to learn.......read up on one of the stickies, or read the first few posts of my diary, it'll show you what kit you need and what you can expect to get out of that kit....

If you carry on as you are I can only sense disappointment happening....

liamdg
14-09-11, 09:47 PM
im using flourecent i know its not ideal but still learning the flourecent is a double it has two each side and are 30w each

rndusername
14-09-11, 09:50 PM
Mate, you're just repeating what you've said already..... I know what light you're using....how long is it switched on for ? It should be on for 18 hours, off for 6 hours (during which time the plant needs to be in TOTAL darkness), or 20 hours on, 4 off...

Do you know if your WW seed was an "automatic" (I don't know if they do them as autos), what soil are you using ? What have you been feeding her, water, nutes, etc etc...the questions will just keep on coming.

It's really worth the effort to sit down, have a quick read, a look at some pics, it'll put you in a much better position to get something good going...

liamdg
14-09-11, 09:51 PM
thanks mate really whant these to work will read up about it

rndusername
14-09-11, 09:56 PM
That's a great attitude.....after reading something like this : https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?24-Beginner-s-Guide-to-Growing-Marijuana you'll have a much better idea about things...

maxbreak
14-09-11, 10:11 PM
Dude have you got any sunbeams coming tho your window? use em for now!!! ........just a thought as most plants really like the sun :) and it beats hands down any other light in our universe, next time you see the sun coming in tho yonder window get that plant in it....

a lot of growers just use indoor daylight for seeds to seedlings, as they are small and easy to put near windows and its free juice...plus no feed yet mate the soil should have it covered or whatever you have added as well for now, so give it light... check the roots now and then...

when you got good roots in that pot its in, re-pot it in a big pot with good soil water now and then and relax for a month or so...while you swat up on growing herb...

maxbreak
14-09-11, 10:20 PM
this is my 3 to 4 week old plant.. the aim is to get the light as low as possible to your plant without burning and I always use a good cfl wattage like a 300w dual spec.I have had this on the plant for 24 days or so about an inch above but always check if it gets too close,.Get a decent light as rndusername states
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/resized_100_0606.JPG

Thats a sexy plant up2 almost missed that, what strain?

Goodbuddy
14-09-11, 11:07 PM
hey i have a white widow im a first time grower
it is 6 inches tall had it for 3 weeks now and it has hardly any leafs
please could i get some advise
thanks

To answer the thread Q. No it does not look sick.

It's a little bit stretchy perhaps,and the soil may be slightly dry for such a delicate little thing.
A bit more information would really help, re:, lighting, soil-type, food/watering, grow-setup. Has she got roots showing at the bottom?

She's a long way from dead/stressed. So don't over fuss.

peace:p

up2nogood
14-09-11, 11:07 PM
Thats a sexy plant up2 almost missed that, what strain?

That's a Citral Skunk mate,doing a diary on her,it's in my sig lol

spot
15-09-11, 09:47 AM
Have you any more seeds kicking about liamdg

liamdg
15-09-11, 10:57 AM
yeah i have 2 left feminized

Alchemist Of Green
15-09-11, 11:05 AM
hi mate. just alittle bit more advice.

have you got alittle desk fan?
if you have, put it on the lowest setting.
and have it blowing at your plant.

will help with any heat problems.
and also help strengthen your stems up.

good luck fella

all the best:stoned-smilie:

spot
15-09-11, 11:13 AM
Treat this plant as a stepping stone as your new light will be with you soon, best way to learn is have hands on experiance and learn from your mistakes, i used 2 of me seeds when starting out to get a feel of growing dope they where like testers and it's payed of, maybe germ one of the 2 seeds you have left so it should of sprouted by the time you get your new light.
Nothing worse than wasting time, money on a grow thats not going to do much.
Good luck on what you decide to do, also your on the rite forum to help and make it easy for you to learn to grow, happy growing mate:)

liamdg
15-09-11, 11:16 AM
ok i did some research last night and spent a while reading about how to begin found out i was doing every thing wrong like a numb nuts i am so now im following all the advise i have tin foiled one of my cubourds out have the light above me plant it is completely dark in the cubourd with door closed so the only light is the one over the top of the plant its got good heat in there going out today to purchase a fan and i dont think i was watering it enough so i gave it a good watering last night and i have some new leafs coming

liamdg
15-09-11, 11:18 AM
yeah thought abot germin another one so i did
thanks for the advise

spot
15-09-11, 11:57 AM
ok i did some research last night and spent a while reading about how to begin found out i was doing every thing wrong like a numb nuts i am so now im following all the advise i have tin foiled one of my cubourds out have the light above me plant it is completely dark in the cubourd with door closed so the only light is the one over the top of the plant its got good heat in there going out today to purchase a fan and i dont think i was watering it enough so i gave it a good watering last night and i have some new leafs coming
To be honest mate tin foil is crap your better of painting your walls white untill you can afford/buy mylar as the tin foil will create heat spots and could burn your girls.
Real easy method to water if feel the weight of the pots before watering then you have your rough guide to how and when it needs watering.