PDA

View Full Version : Plant wont grow branches

dillweed
15-09-11, 10:24 AM
Hi im growing capsicums for practice for my white rhino seeds, which are very illegal to bring into australia. My capsicums are getting watered every 3-4 days, have good lighting, ventilation, nutes, ph'd to 6.7 etc. and are refusing to grow branches. How can this b so? Cheer

Winstun
15-09-11, 10:39 AM
how tall/old are they ? pics would help mate its difficult to say. Plants dont necesseraly develop branches as such until they are of a certain size!

dillweed
15-09-11, 12:11 PM
Hi there. These capsicums basically have stunted. They are about a month old (about doubled in size). Ive overwatered a little and have started learning less is more (100 or so ml now). Cheers

dillweed
15-09-11, 12:23 PM

Sorry forgot the picture

cannamancan
15-09-11, 12:30 PM
that looks alright mate , i dont think they grow branches till they get bigger , im sure that looks about right mate.

Winstun
15-09-11, 12:36 PM
ye looks ok to me too i think cannamancan is right, i dont think they will grow branches until they are a bit bigger, but please understand i have never grown chili's before and am no expert :)

dillweed
15-09-11, 01:29 PM
Ok. Thanks for your help guys. Appreciated. You c i kill everything i grow. So im on a mission to learn how to grow all things in time. :smokie:

dillweed
27-09-11, 12:42 AM
Hi there im revisiting this thread as they still havent grown branches. Ive lowered the ph to 6.5 and theyve grown considerably over time, but havent grown any branches. The nodes are there, but nothing has shot out. Cheers

dillweed
27-09-11, 07:53 AM
I cant be the only one who's ever had this problem. Its happened to every plant ive grown. Could it be my one part nutrient?

VMAX
28-09-11, 08:11 AM
mine didnt split till flowers started.

nimmo24lung
29-09-11, 02:35 PM
What nutrient is it I used ionic that's a 1 part solution on my first grow and it was fine apart from toxic salt I'm not sure if that was the nutes or not tho

dillweed
04-10-11, 03:30 PM
Im using dutch master grow gold. When i solve this no growing branches thing ill post it up. Cheers

wilbur
04-10-11, 05:01 PM
is there are sub plot to this thread that I 'm missing? the plant in the pics looks totally normal for a capsicum. how does this link to white rhino? very puzzled ... cheers.

dillweed
05-10-11, 01:16 AM
the plants are much bigger now and still no branches. When i grow weed, capsicums, tomatoes, etc. branches never grow. Just nodes appear and dont transform over time into nice branches. If i can master this ill start over with my white rhino seeds again.
If the branches grow soon, which seem doubtfull, i appologize for boring u all with this thread, but its the problem i have at the moment. I know its seems weird comparing capsicums to weed, but im a new hand at growing and a lot of growing techniques i gather seem to be able to be used on weed and other stuff i notice. thanks again cheers guys. dillweed

dillweed
05-10-11, 01:18 AM
Like said earlier if i find the problem ill post it up asap. cheers

wilbur
05-10-11, 01:47 AM
thanks D/weed. has to be light doesn't it? that's wot makes things grow straight up when they're planted too close together ... shady at the sides and light at the top only, I mean.

anyway ... good luck with yr eventual grow!