PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to change 12/12 times?

C 2 the J
16-09-11, 08:27 PM
Hi guys i was just wondering if once youve started the 12/12 schedule is it possible to adjust the on of times?

The problem being, i said to my flatmate that i was starting 12/12 this week, which was done but the times are (manual cycle) 12 midnight lights on - 12 mid-day lights off (want to keep heat up during colder nights), which is a fucked up time for me (usually smashed by midnight, and memory is in slow mo), but as it was started on monday i dont want to change it without guidance.

I was thinking that if i put the lights on at the normal time but instead of giving my ladies the 12 hours light to just turn off at 6am (basically 6 hours light) thus changing the 12/12 times to 6am lights off - 6pm lights on.

Could that be possible without harming my ladies?

All help appreciated guys. :confused:

Pugz
16-09-11, 08:37 PM
Ya can do it just leave your lights off until you want your new time to start

They will be fine with more dark than light

C 2 the J
16-09-11, 09:10 PM
cheers for the quick reply bro, i thought that but didnt wanna hermie or kill my babies as its my first grow, ever m8.

its appreciated m8, thanx.

C 2 the J
17-09-11, 04:41 PM
wow 40 views & only 1 reply.

up2nogood
17-09-11, 04:46 PM
get a timer then you won't forget lol

Anonymiss
17-09-11, 04:52 PM
wow 40 views & only 1 reply.

That's because the first answer was the right answer http://s4.postimage.org/887fte04/smiley_wink.gif

But as Up2 says, get a timer. They're cheap enough, and it will save you an awful lot of hassle, as well as making sure that you don't forget to switch the system on or off (which will almost certainly happen at some point otherwise).

Murdock
17-09-11, 04:55 PM
no i disagree, with the above in a way, don,t relie on a timer get a cotactor to take the surge away or you,ll end up thinking your ok when your timer has blown up with too much surge

up2nogood
17-09-11, 04:56 PM
he doesn't need a contactor if he has a cfl but HID yes,he could get a contactor with timer built in but if he doesn't rely on a timer he will still forget

Murdock
17-09-11, 04:59 PM
he did,nt say what lights he was using so i just think of the worst , if your using hps or mh then get a contactor , simple, cfl,s will be fine

C 2 the J
18-09-11, 12:44 AM
cheers guys & girls, its good to get a few different opinions. My lights are cfl's & a timer is in the future (well next week or week after that). I value everybodies opinion that why i was suprised when i only had 1 reply.

cheers again.