PDA

View Full Version : Going soilless...got question

lemonskunk
21-09-11, 03:21 PM
Finished first soil grow, almost done with 2nd grow and went to store to get soil and decided to get Pro-Mix BX with mycorise. Did not know it was soil-less but now I do and am going to use it. So my question is how much different are the 2? Was still planning on using Fox Farm nutes at least the organic Big Bloom and might go organic for veg.

Am I going to get in over my head going with the pro-mix with only 1 and a half grows under my belt?? Thanks for any advice and suggestions. :bong:

lemonskunk
23-09-11, 01:44 AM
Nobody?? Well guess i will learn for myself. :(

lemonskunk
27-09-11, 03:52 PM
Hopefully someone will answer this question... since i am going soiless can i use the same ferts as soil or do i need to use hydroponics??

TubaLou420
27-09-11, 04:45 PM
hey skunk, i use pro-mix bx and its great. you can use the same nutes with it too, i use the fox farm basic 3 part nutes with good success. i let all my water sit for at least a day and adjust the ph to around 6 and the plants love it. promix has really good drainage too.

lemonskunk
27-09-11, 05:19 PM
hey skunk, i use pro-mix bx and its great. you can use the same nutes with it too, i use the fox farm basic 3 part nutes with good success. i let all my water sit for at least a day and adjust the ph to around 6 and the plants love it. promix has really good drainage too.

Thank you for responding. I was worried that I would have to switch nutes. Know nothing about soilless grows. Thanks fro the advice so now i will ph to 6 instead of 6.3 which I have started doing.

TubaLou420
27-09-11, 05:46 PM
you can also start feeding them almost right away, promix isnt all packed out with nutes like ocean forest is.