PDA

View Full Version : Humidity again !?

Trev
21-09-11, 08:46 PM
Hi all I know I'm banging on about this humidity issue I've got ,::I can get it 60 and lower but at worst it's 60 has any one grew in conditions like this and had no issues with bud rot at final 12/12 I have 6 clip on fans blowing over all the plants so there is always a little movement but can't help worry about bud rot I've grew before in a different surrounding and got it low as but not this time and before I didn't have a humidity tester so I never really new if it was high or not any comments welcome :smokie:

smokin1
21-09-11, 08:52 PM
Sorry First time Seen this thread,

Can i ask what intake & outtake your using ?

GBK
21-09-11, 08:52 PM
what efforts have you made to try and lower the humidity and how.

Diddydon
21-09-11, 09:04 PM
i´ve got the same shitty problem m8.... don´t understand it.. i´ve fucked about with my extract n intake relentlessly tryin to get it down.. mine is goin up to 70´+ jus got a tube heater n put that in front of my fan hoping to blow hot around the room.. got it down to 60.. (lights off).. nightmare.. good luck bro!

smokin1
21-09-11, 09:05 PM
Whats your inlet temps ? , as in Whats the temp out side of your tent matey ? And Whats the temps like in your tent ?

GBK
21-09-11, 09:14 PM
Had humidity problems too,the advice i got was to use a larger extraction fan than the inlet fan,of course the extraction must be running faster than the inlet to create the right pressure in the tent, get this right and i think you might lower those readings.

smokin1
21-09-11, 09:27 PM
As above , you need more air going out than in,

And also what is your tent made of ? , your saying Its in the Garage , is it on the floor ? Damp rise's cold floor hot room and only a thin bit of Material between .

Also is the Garage a sigle skin ?

Even though you might have a heater in there , Its still mixing cold with hot , so your intake will be sucking in damp air .,

Sorry if not of any help matey ,

Tester
21-09-11, 09:30 PM
more heat = less humidity work with that aslong as you can pull the extra heat out then your humity wont be an issue

Pugz
21-09-11, 09:30 PM
Hi all I know I'm banging on about this humidity issue I've got ,::I can get it 60 and lower but at worst it's 60 has any one grew in conditions like this and had no issues with bud rot at final 12/12 I have 6 clip on fans blowing over all the plants so there is always a little movement but can't help worry about bud rot I've grew before in a different surrounding and got it low as but not this time and before I didn't have a humidity tester so I never really new if it was high or not any comments welcome :smokie:

Ive got 60-70% lights off and no sign off problem yet she starting 7th week on thurs,
Ive have 30-40% lights on.
Grooms in a brick shed in a home made groom Infact most off it is home made. The shed does get a bit damp but theres nowt i can do about that atm.

Are you in flower or drying ???

Trev
21-09-11, 10:13 PM
Thanks for all posts so far I'm I'n a tent I'n the garage temps are 80 ish I'n tent , I got 4 " inlet 6 extract was drawing my fresh air from out side the garage but as the temps dropped and it got damp ive started to draw it from inside the garage to help lower the humidity . I've got a dehumidifier I'n the garage and a oil rad next to the inlet, I've also bought a small dehumidifier which goes I'n the tent along with two bows of rice , which I think frankly is as useful as a fish with tits , but there we go I'm trying ?
I've just bought another temp and humidity reader so I can see the temps , humidity I'n the actual garage so not really sure of that yet ? My next step was to put the oil rad I'n the tent with a stat soi could tweak the temps a bit or I'm also thinking of putting I'n a 300 clf light I'n too so was hoping the extra heat might lower it , I'm pretty sure an upgrade extract fan would do it but then I'd have to upgrade the carbon filter bla bla ££££ so I'm gona have to make do I think , but as I was saying some of you seem to be having the same issue and so ultimately if it don't go mouldy I'll be happy and adleast next time you know what you can work with so please post if you are at these figures and have had no issues , adleast It can put a few minds at rest cheers all again nice one

Diddydon
21-09-11, 10:44 PM
lowest i can get mine down to is 65 lights on!!.. i have turned the intakes off to get it down to that, so they are passive.. i´ve got 2 600in there. now i´ve put another 1 into try m get it down.. 3 x 600w now.. a 10 inch extractor 980m3.... i´m thinkin of lighting the fuckin BBQ in there if it don´t come down!!

Trev
22-09-11, 10:07 AM
Ha ha I know stress ain't it when I was on 18/6 my humidity was 40 ish fucking great eh :(

uk1
22-09-11, 01:28 PM
I had the same prob got same steup/surrounding as you and the way I got mine down was 1 of them green house heater fans at the outside end of the inlet ducting (NOT INSIDE TENT) so it blows warm dry air in! witch in turn bring down the humidity! mine doing it like this in veg 60/65 and in flower can get it down to 35ish (witch it's at now)

plus you could try them damp collecting box's witch you could also put around your garage to dry that out abit they only about a £1 EACH :-)

hope this help's

uk1

Droid
22-09-11, 01:33 PM
The reason your getting high humidity is because of the tempreture drop your having when the lights go out,,plus with the weather outside being alot cooler that dosnt help,

i would try heating at lights out to keep the temps stable while also turning the intake down..

Diddydon
22-09-11, 01:38 PM
Cheers... i was thinking of doing pretty much the same thing.. when my light are on i can get it down to 56% now by turning the intakes off... when there off(and it is warmer outside/daytime) i gotta turn em back on full whack to get down to a poxy 70%.. . fuck it.. i´m gonna stick the missus hairdryer down my intake till i get heater fan... lol

Droid
22-09-11, 01:43 PM
iv found the cheapest heaters to run are the oil filed rads,

reason being once the element turns on and heats the oil it stays hot for ages neading the element only to turn on now and again with the heated fans once the fan is off so is the heat so it needs to be turned on/off more regulary...

Diddydon
22-09-11, 01:52 PM
yea... was just lookin at them fan heater.. there 2.5kw... i would guess it would have to be on pretty much constant as, soon as its off the element gonna go cold.. bolocks to that... although the oil rads are 2.5w.. they will only come on to heat the oil inside every now and then.. much better option me thinks.. :)

SmobyToker#1
22-09-11, 03:07 PM
I have noticed humidity goes right up at night in my groom when lights off. i have seen it at 70% + and this scares me as when my plant is full o bud the old rot will have the upper hand. i am thinking the way round this (without buying heaters / humidifiers)is too only run my lights at night - heat vs humidity should give me about 50-55% when all fans running. and during the day lights off humidity naturally less should hopefully help me in terms of rot worries. failing that grab the bbq lol...gl m8

Droid
22-09-11, 03:47 PM
iv got a 600w oil filled rad from B and Q,,

Trev
22-09-11, 10:06 PM
Hi all I put a oil filled rad at the entrance close to my intake and today my max was 55 so fingers crossed I think this working ?
What did you mean mate a green house heater is it one of those small little 2 kw things you get I'n bath rooms some times

Trev
22-09-11, 10:09 PM
I'm also thinking of buying one of these if I need to put the rad inside as temps drop http://tapatalk.com/mu/520d0af1-a72e-3aa7.jpg what you think looks ok to me maybe a bit expensive any one know of one a bit cheaper

smokin1
22-09-11, 10:14 PM
Good to hear Its got better matey;)

Diddydon
22-09-11, 10:28 PM
Hi all I put a oil filled rad at the entrance close to my intake and today my max was 55 so fingers crossed I think this working ?
What did you mean mate a green house heater is it one of those small little 2 kw things you get I'n bath rooms some times

yea, they blow air over a glowing red hot element.. use too much juice tho.. think i´m gonna get down b&q and get me a 600w like droid has got if i stick in front of my fan.. hopefull will blow warm air thro it and around me groom.. I am sick of pissin around turning fan, lights intakes on n off tryin to get it right..... if i don´t sort it properly soon someones gonna cop for a right hook to make me feel better.. :P