PDA

View Full Version : temp sitution..

closet
23-09-11, 04:59 PM
hello,
my closet grow space: 1.47cm height, 74cm width, 68cm depth.
i have 2 venta, 1 for inside 1 for outside, 1 fan, and bellows also,
my room with air conditioner 24/7 on 20C and very cold, in the closet its 28C, and the venta are work and bring cold air from outside to inside.. but the temp not going down.. i cant turn on my 400W MH cuz i get 36C and more... so i need help to get the place colder.. anyone ?

Master Poet
23-09-11, 05:09 PM
The only way of doing this is to get better extraction and intake as you were told the other day. Tbh, I would not be running a 400W HID light in that space, you would be better off with a 250W HID light.

Woody J
23-09-11, 05:36 PM
I have been in lots of grooms over the years where things are "set up" poorly.
All the best gear, in stupid places.
Extraction fans with carbon filters sitting at floor level and intake vents high up in tents being 2 notable examples.

Extraction should always be from the highest point in the space because warm air rises.
In venting/fans should always be low down. But care must be taken not to have cold air coming into a hot room since this can cause a "micro-climate" and one plant gets cold air.

In your case Closet, you are pumping in 10,000lumens per sq ft in a tiny space, you are on a hiding to nothing.
Unless you can somehow draw air in almost directly from the AC out vent and exhaust your hot air directly at the AC In vent, you will need a fan big enough to stick on a jumbo to cool the space.

Not what you wanted to hear no doubt but Poet is right saying you should be looking at a 250W HOS for that space.
W

Master Poet
23-09-11, 06:00 PM
Woody, he was told all of this the other day and took no notice what so ever. He was told to have the vent at the top and intake at the bottom and to get more powerful fans for this.

up2nogood
23-09-11, 06:06 PM
Woody, he was told all of this the other day and took no notice what so ever. He was told to have the vent at the top and intake at the bottom and to get more powerful fans for this.

you know some people never listen..lol