PDA

View Full Version : Make an outdoor plant into an indoor clone mother?

yo-man
26-09-11, 12:06 PM
Hi, new here. Searched the site first, no luck

I have a plant I grew outdoors with good looks and smell.

Is there anyway I can move it indoors to grow some clones?

If you answer, thankyou and please be very specific, I am kind of slow.

Thanks

Woody J
26-09-11, 12:44 PM
Yes, you can take it indoors.
I would spray it with some kind of insecticide first though and keep it away from any other mj plants you have indoors for a week or so to make sure you are not bringing any beasties inside with it.

You can take the clones outside if you wished, theres no particular reason not to.
Just water it an hour or so before you intend to take cuttings. I would always suggest doing this with any intended mother plant not in a hydro setup, it takes a few days off rooting.
W

carpetburn
26-09-11, 12:46 PM
i have recently successfully done it.....the outdoor garden was getting severely battered by the recent heavy rain and winds.i decided to bring the healthiest looking girl home and place in the grow room.after a few days drying out(absolutely sodden)she began to spruce up again,since then i have taken 4 clones from her and these are coming along quite nicely

yo-man
26-09-11, 01:14 PM
Hi, thanks for the answers.

I have a few weeks before frost. I want to finnish the buds before I disturb the plant.

Should I prune it before moving it inside? How much of the plant can I cut off without killing it?

I am a total beginer.

Woody J
26-09-11, 04:56 PM
Never remove more than 1/3 of the plant at any one time.
If you intend to flower her out before moving her indoors, leave lots of small buds low down on the plant. These will turn into new shoots when you put a light over her for more than 14 hours per day (18 to be safe)

If I was doing it, I would probably harvest the top 1/3 of the plant when it is ready. Leave the rest for another week or 3, then harvest the next 1/3 and bring the rest indoors.

If it is not in a pot, scratch a circle the same diameter as the foliage around the plant with a spade. Dig down a couple of inches wider than this and you should get most of the roots.
Just slice your spade in with no "wiggling" and make a circle. Get a few pieces of wood, go around again, this time wiggling and placing a piece of wood behind your spade then move around the plant.

Hope this makes sense, more importantly, helps. W

yo-man
26-09-11, 06:16 PM
Never remove more than 1/3 of the plant at any one time.
If you intend to flower her out before moving her indoors, leave lots of small buds low down on the plant. These will turn into new shoots when you put a light over her for more than 14 hours per day (18 to be safe)

If I was doing it, I would probably harvest the top 1/3 of the plant when it is ready. Leave the rest for another week or 3, then harvest the next 1/3 and bring the rest indoors.

If it is not in a pot, scratch a circle the same diameter as the foliage around the plant with a spade. Dig down a couple of inches wider than this and you should get most of the roots.
Just slice your spade in with no "wiggling" and make a circle. Get a few pieces of wood, go around again, this time wiggling and placing a piece of wood behind your spade then move around the plant.

Hope this makes sense, more importantly, helps. W

Thanks for the great answer. This is the kind of complete info that I need. Thanks again.

brandylorton
31-05-12, 07:25 PM
Do not remove more than 30% of the plant one time. The lights should be for 18 hours a day. Harvest about 30% of the plant once so make 3 times harvesting.