PDA

View Full Version : smell

mille
26-09-11, 06:43 PM
hi folks

Ok it's three weeks since I switched from 18/6 to 12/12,
there is no smell from the plants whatsoever,
is this normal?,when "should" they start to give off that lovely aroma?
thanks...

katy
26-09-11, 06:48 PM
The smell will increase as the buds grow !

I take the carbon filter off the fan untill it starts smelling, it should keep it fresh longer

Woody J
26-09-11, 06:52 PM
The aroma is present in some strains from veg. Very mild but unmistakeable.
On others, they dont smell all the way up until week 6.

What often happens however is that you get used to the smell on a daily basis and dont notice the smell. Visitors however will smell it right away.
So, DO NOT TRUST YOUR SENSE OF SMELL.

So, like many things in the growing world, strain and environment count for a lot.
It could be you are not smelling the aroma, it could be a mild smelling strain.

This is the best advice I could ever give anyone growing. Take no chances and make sure you are covered with a carbon filter and use some kind of masking scent such as ONA.
Stay safe dude. W

mille
26-09-11, 08:48 PM
The aroma is present in some strains from veg. Very mild but unmistakeable.
On others, they dont smell all the way up until week 6.

What often happens however is that you get used to the smell on a daily basis and dont notice the smell. Visitors however will smell it right away.
So, DO NOT TRUST YOUR SENSE OF SMELL.

So, like many things in the growing world, strain and environment count for a lot.
It could be you are not smelling the aroma, it could be a mild smelling strain.

This is the best advice I could ever give anyone growing. Take no chances and make sure you are covered with a carbon filter and use some kind of masking scent such as ONA.
Stay safe dude. W

Thankyou for your speedy reply,but one question please.
What is "ONA"?
cheers..

up2nogood
26-09-11, 09:03 PM
Odour Neutraliser

up2nogood
26-09-11, 09:06 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ona+block&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&um=1&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=573&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

mille
26-09-11, 09:17 PM
Odour Neutraliser

Ah,, thankyou.

Murdock
26-09-11, 09:24 PM
its like h2s it seems to kill your smelling senses, now when i chop i wear a paper suit on rubber gloves, many of times i,ve went to pub and guys have said have you been smoking weed lol, and thats me just brushing past them and i smelt nothing,

mille
27-09-11, 01:31 AM
i'll just not change my socks that should cover the smell.lol