PDA

View Full Version : Anyone grow blue cheese?

blazefor20
26-09-11, 09:07 PM
I am halfway thru flowering blue cheese and wondering if the pistels all remain white in color throughout the end stage? My plant went sativa dom just before flowering and is quite tall. The buds are thick but pistels are still all completely white and long. Can anybody tell me what they experienced at the end of the flowering with the buds and pistels on blue cheese? Thanks in advance.

Woody J
27-09-11, 11:27 AM
Grown it a lot, but there is more than one version around. Not that it matters!
I have never seen a plant, of any strain, whose pistils ALL remain white the whole way through flowerig.
Some will turn and maybe a few will remain white.
Pistil colour isnt really important, if its a guide when to harvest, its the trichs you need to check.
W

blazefor20
27-09-11, 11:32 AM
Thx Woody...I appreciate it. I have a scope to check the trichs and they are of course still white but will keep my eye on them. Appreciate the reply.

cannamancan
27-09-11, 11:59 AM
What do you mean it went sativa Dom just before flower ? Was it not always sat Dom ?

I've done it before but all was orange at the time of chop ! Mine was barneys farm:)

Up_in_smoke
27-09-11, 12:51 PM
Mine are also from Barney's, only 3 days into flowering but definately not sativa dominant. Big fat Inidica leaves, short bushy plant.

How many weeks flowering are you? They are supposed to be an 8-9 week strain. When did you flip to 12/12?

Denzil
27-09-11, 01:32 PM
Mine are also from Barney's, only 3 days into flowering but definately not sativa dominant. Big fat Inidica leaves, short bushy plant.

How many weeks flowering are you? They are supposed to be an 8-9 week strain. When did you flip to 12/12?

Interesting thread. I've got 2 Barneys Farm Blue cheese about 4.5 weeks in to veg, I'm using them as mothers until far enough in to flower to tell which mother is better and worth keeping. One of them has noticeably fatter leaves than the other which I'm hoping will be more Indica dom. But I'll be picking the one that has the best smell, taste as long as it isn't a nightmare to grow, will start flowering the cuttings this week hopefully.

blazefor20
27-09-11, 09:02 PM
What do you mean it went sativa Dom just before flower ? Was it not always sat Dom ?

I've done it before but all was orange at the time of chop ! Mine was barneys farm:)
No, mine were very squat and compact for the first month of veg but I used 2 UFO's and flipped after 30 days. It took another 30 days for me to figure out that the UFO's just weren't going to work for flowering. I got a 150 HPS and that was 60 days of veg. I changed shortly thereafter to a 400 HPS and by then the Blue Cheese had grown 3 ft. or so. Mine was from Big Budha. Take a peak at the vid I did today on my diary.

blazefor20
27-09-11, 09:07 PM
See above for explaination to vegging Up in smoke. Good luck flygerian88. I have fallen in love with this strain and the smell is wonderful. Can't wait to taste. I figure she will have to flower about a total of 8 weeks.

Up_in_smoke
27-09-11, 09:47 PM
Right, you have no problem whatsoever. Well, you have heat stress issues, but thats another topic.
Just checked out your diary. You are 3.5 weeks into flowering. Your plants started budding around the 5th of this month, possibly a few days before so 3.5 weeks max into flowering.
Barneys Blue Cheese is a 9 week strain. So you still have 5.5 weeks to go. If they were browning this early I'd be concerned

blazefor20
27-09-11, 10:23 PM
Right, Up In Smoke. Its two days shy of four weeks. The way she is fattening up in buds, I figure four more weeks total. I was concerned to a degree as I would have thought a few pistels would be brown or orange by now, but I suppose it is too early yet. Thanks for checking and explaining for me. Will try to be more patient and observe.

easterbunny
27-09-11, 10:36 PM
i'm doing bcheese at the mo aswell mate, if its the sat dom pheno then you can kiss the 9 week harvest good by lol. i'll be 9 weeks flower(11 weeks from flip) on friday and will prob pull the indica dom phenos but thers prob another 2 week left in the sat phenos.

from previous experiance i'd say i prefer the sat pheno, much more potent/smelly and the thc coverage on the bud is amence lol :)

Up_in_smoke
27-09-11, 10:40 PM
Right, Up In Smoke. Its two days shy of four weeks. The way she is fattening up in buds, I figure four more weeks total.

Don't be fooled. They'll go at least as long as said on the packet usually longer. To a newbie eye, If they look done, go another two weeks ;) It'll be worth it in yield.

ChocolopeCream
27-09-11, 11:09 PM
I've also done Barney's Blue Cheese, lovely smell and aroma, mine was Indica dom, not too tall but fat leaves and 8-9 weeks as suggested seems to be right as I remember, got 2 clones in flower now in dirt, 6 weeks veg.

sqydro
27-09-11, 11:19 PM
I done barneys farm, got all indica dom short bushy and they are the smelliest most dank smelling girls ive ever grew, mine took 10 weeks to fully finish though :( but was worth it, 32oz from 6 plants in DWC, i noticed the pistils, well alot of them dont go orange but just get darker in the middle and my buds got lovely blueish leavs coming from the new bud growth! Good luck anyway mate hope you got ur answers

blazefor20
27-09-11, 11:38 PM
If it weren't for the extended veg stage, mine would have been about ready to harvest by now I think, but kinda glad it went Sativa Dom. I believe I will get more yield now. It has a very piney smell to it which I love. The buds are getting thick now.