PDA

View Full Version : colloidal silver

gbomb
27-09-11, 10:05 AM
can anybody tell me if i can mesure ppm of colloidal silver with an E.C meter if what would the reading have to be to get 30 ppm.
basically im thinking of feminising my own seeds i know how to do it but need the right ppm to get it right.

strewth
27-09-11, 01:38 PM
I've looked into this quite alot mate, idealy you want a ppm between 10 and 15, there are a couple of uk companies which sell it if your in the uk

Have a gander here (http://colloidalsilveruk.com/#/uk-orders/4540692962) mate.

If you need any more info gis a shout

Peace
DZ

gbomb
27-09-11, 02:21 PM
cheers D.Z been looking on net to find the hows and whys and from what i read its 30% colloidal silver anyhow the link was great think i will order some rather than make it probably cost more to make it.

strewth
27-09-11, 02:28 PM
No probs mate, although the bloke i spoke to elsewhere said that 30ppm was too strong and he always goes with 10-15 ppm, others don't use C/S and use diff stress techniques..

Each to there own though mate, let me know how you get on,
Good Luck
DZ

Hillbilly
27-09-11, 02:35 PM
Making colloidal silver is truly easy you can make liters in no time. I think if you look at the water and it has a silvery look to it it should be ok. I think one liter with a 12 volt converter should take 30 min to be right. About 15 min if your wanting to drink it but I wouldn't know about that other then I made some the other night for my Mom and it looked right.

Daval
27-09-11, 02:57 PM
found this the other day have a look
fem seed production (http://www.drgreens.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=32_35&products_id=1006&zenid=2e20252c589d82260c92fe15a1808391)

gbomb
27-09-11, 03:07 PM
thanks daval.

azza
28-09-11, 03:33 PM
All very interesting, just a couple of questions that i wondered if anyone can help with. Is there any loss in potency or hermie risk producing fem seeds from a plant that was femmed in the beginning. And why are there so many different traits in fem seeds that you buy?
For example i've brought some fem seeds before of a strain that apparently was only kept as a female mother and could only be cloned before (according to breeder) and therefore was not available as seed until they started producing fem seeds. But out of 5 seeds every plant showed a completely different trait some very sativa and some very indica?

But if the plant was bred with it'self surely the seeds should be pretty uniform

strewth
28-09-11, 03:50 PM
Hi Azza, form what i understand yes you are right they plants should all be uniform as the mother plant should of been used to make said fem seeds.
You can Fem a feminized plant but only so far, prob not further than say S3 (it all is strain dependant realy mate) but don't hold me to that lol

When you make feminized seeds you are actualy making the female plant hermie so it produces pollen which is then used on the other female plant

Hope that kind helps and makes sense mate, too damn hot here and my brain is fried....time for a cider me thinks

Peace
DZ

azza
28-09-11, 04:25 PM
Very helpful cheers, yeah it's a scorcher here the spiced rum, coke a ton of ice and lime was a no brainer really.

have seen a couple of seed banks selling their prized mothers now as fem seed. dr greenthumb selling the original g13 haze now in fem £150 for 2 seeds. ow he must have had the mother and cloned for at least ten years now and is now producing fem seed from her. surely potency is lost

and this is from seedism applejack. I really like this strain and wont put down the smoke but apparently all they had was a female until they femmed to bring seeds to market. here is a scale of the most indica to most sat in a pack of 5 i had

Hillbilly
29-09-11, 06:45 PM
Femming IMO, doesn't lose potency, but I never grew any Fem seeds yet.. It will give you the Mother's genetics but here's the problem. IMO, she has many genes in her some Dom some Res. just like everything. when breeding to herself you will get the genes mixed and matched not 100% like the mother but as we hope pretty close. Lets take height, If she's caring two genes for height, one tall one short and you and you self pollinate using C.S. 25% should end up short, it's just how genetics works. So IMO your not going to get a carbon copy of the mother even if your breeding her back to herself. If she has genes that are not as high % in THC she might not give you the Rocking high you want just or any other genes she carries not all of the genes are Supper!! Yet again IMO that's why you should get 5 min of seeds and hope you get one good one. If you want you can clone off the best one of them. As I said for years, "Genetics don't lie", but not all genes are the same, so you have to pick the ones you like.

sqydro
05-10-11, 01:00 AM
Nice thread, im dying to make my own cross but wouldnt no were to start with genetics etc

strewth
05-10-11, 03:10 AM
Nice thread, im dying to make my own cross but wouldnt no were to start with genetics etc

The first question is what do you want to achieve mate, i'm a novice to be fair but if you want any help drop me a pm

sqydro
05-10-11, 08:30 AM
Nice one DZ ive been doing a bit of reading upately, hmmm what i want, well thats easy, a short flowering high yielding superbud strain ;)

Notorious WD
05-10-11, 03:38 PM
Here's a quicky. I am sure you can grow out a plant but just c.s one branch cant you.

The buds on the plant are fine but you cannt touch any buds that have had c.s on. So if you grow a plant and keep one branch aside for c.s you can then crop your plant for the buds and have fem seeds to sow for another time.

strewth
05-10-11, 03:54 PM
Here's a quicky. I am sure you can grow out a plant but just c.s one branch cant you.

The buds on the plant are fine but you cannt touch any buds that have had c.s on. So if you grow a plant and keep one branch aside for c.s you can then crop your plant for the buds and have fem seeds to sow for another time.

Not quite mate as your using the c/s to make a female hermie thus producing pollen to spread over the female, best kinda idea is to have 2 clones from the same plant give em a couple of weeks veg then flick em both in a seperate groom, takes about 3 weeks i think of spraying the plant twice a day (i will need to check my notes to clarify that) to get the male sacks going, then just pollenate the fem, let her grow her cycle and job done

Notorious WD
06-10-11, 10:46 AM
Not quite mate as your using the c/s to make a female hermie thus producing pollen to spread over the female, best kinda idea is to have 2 clones from the same plant give em a couple of weeks veg then flick em both in a seperate groom, takes about 3 weeks i think of spraying the plant twice a day (i will need to check my notes to clarify that) to get the male sacks going, then just pollenate the fem, let her grow her cycle and job done

I am sure I read you could pollinate one branch. What you have written makes sense tho. Will really read up on this. Cheers DZ.

gbomb
06-10-11, 10:52 AM
I'm sure i have read that once you use c.s on a plant its unsmokable even if you only do one branch.

Notorious WD
06-10-11, 11:45 AM
I'm sure i have read that once you use c.s on a plant its unsmokable even if you only do one branch.

Yeah I read that too, but only on the branch you spray? that's why you make the branch you spray totally seperate like?

sqydro
06-10-11, 01:12 PM
What Is cs? How do u get it etc? And if u hermied aplant for seeds woukd the beans not hold the hermie gene? Or am i being a muppet lol

Notorious WD
06-10-11, 01:43 PM
collodial silver, i aint the best to explain cos i am getting my head round it, search on google pal cos i will only confuse you :)

sqydro
06-10-11, 02:18 PM
No probs wd il have a butchers

MrMojorising
06-10-11, 02:23 PM
just put up a thread on what it is and how to make it.
might help someone.

strewth
06-10-11, 04:14 PM
What Is cs? How do u get it etc? And if u hermied aplant for seeds woukd the beans not hold the hermie gene? Or am i being a muppet lol

Search Selfing on the other place mate, alot of detail on it

sqydro
06-10-11, 07:00 PM
Will have a look at bith thanks guys!

Hillbilly
06-10-11, 10:20 PM
You can just use C.S. on one branch like I did on a POGK and from what I seen it works well. I don't think I would smoke The rest of the plant, to be on the safe side but as people drink C.S. don't think it would really hurt you if you smoked some but as for me I wouldn't want silver in my lungs. IMO if/when I do C.S. I will use two clones it really was a pain just using one. Here is a link to my Fem breeding of POGK. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?49289-Colloidal-silver-and-making-POGK-fem-Seeds

gbomb
07-10-11, 07:40 AM
buy it from a chemist or on line its made by passing a current through a piece of silver submerged in distiled water the result is c.s but it needs to be 30ppm end product.

Hillbilly
07-10-11, 05:47 PM
Most of the stuff you can buy is to weak just make some, it's really easy to make use a 12v converter with alligator clips attached to silver leave on for like 30 min to a hour and it's done!