PDA

View Full Version : Yellow dots on leaves ???

bigbuddave
27-09-11, 11:14 PM
Starting to get yellow dots on the edges of the leaves is this nute burn ? How do I stop this ?

blazefor20
28-09-11, 12:32 AM
Need more info to answer. How about a pic too.

wilbur
28-09-11, 02:17 AM
yellow dots don't sound like nute burn to me. nute burn scorches tips and edges.

if the spots are toward the centre of the leaves the pH of yr growing medium may be out ... or could be insects ... hard to tell without an image ...

rndusername
28-09-11, 09:06 AM
Do they look anything like this ?

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Image000073.jpg

Woody J
28-09-11, 12:39 PM
Where are the spots appearing?
Upper leaves, lower leaves, all the plant?
What colour are they?
When was last watering & feeding
Are you in soil or hydro
whats the ph
etc.
Pics would be really good.
W

bigbuddave
28-09-11, 05:02 PM
thanks for ur posts can't upload a pic on my iPhone I'm just gettin loads of yellow appearing on the leaves last feed was 24 hours ago now but I'm not going to feed them today maybe nute burn ? I'm in soil on 3 mm of nutrient per litre and about nearly 3 weeks into veg I'm slightly worried but it is my first grow ;) thanks guys

Ummagumma
28-09-11, 06:43 PM
give the soil a flush with 3 times the water of the size of your pot ie 10ltr pot = 30ltr of clean water, then see what shes like in a few days

Law Abiding Citizen
28-09-11, 06:45 PM
you could be barking up the wrong tree,have you checked for spider mites??? iv seen mite damage looking similar

rndusername
28-09-11, 06:51 PM
3ml of nutrient at only 3 week veg time seems a bit much doesn't it ? What feeding routine are you using, i.e. plain water/feed/plain water/feed etc ?

bigbuddave
28-09-11, 09:42 PM
I water everyday a little bit out of a 2 ltr bottle is this wrong ? I think I may be over feeding them . I mix the water n food in a bucket and ph it then it's 6.1 .

Trev
28-09-11, 10:06 PM
Every ones different I feed them 4 ltr ever 4 or 5 days but I'm I'n 30 ltr pots I like to feed them so you get alittle water out the bottom then I just check every day by picking up the pot or putting my finger I'n the soil 2 inches or so once dry I feed again as long as you don't let them go so dry they go all droopy it's all good this works best for me

rndusername
28-09-11, 10:39 PM
As above, I think most people will water once, then leave it for a couple of days, judge how dry the soil is, then water again....It depends what stage your plants are at as well, whether you're growing autos in large pots etc.

But it sounds like every single feed you're giving them will have nutes in.......which doesn't sound like a good idea.

bigbuddave
28-09-11, 11:07 PM
Shall I feed them water for a while or leave them for couple of days 2 n half weeks into veg there on 3 ml per litre ? Sound about right ?

Trev
29-09-11, 11:57 AM
I feed ever day just keep ec 1 then progress it to 2 max obviously if I got problems then of back off and water

blazefor20
29-09-11, 12:03 PM
I advise you to check the ph of your water runnoff. If you have peat in the soil it could be making your ph more acidic after your adjusted water seeps in the pot. I had this trouble and had to start adding lime to balance it. Soils like Fox Farn Ocean are very "hot" on plants. I still have this happening but to a lesser degree now.

bigbuddave
29-09-11, 03:08 PM
Gonna get some pics up later hopefully ;) it's so clean in the tent I doubt it's goin to be insects well hope not lol

Trev
29-09-11, 07:33 PM
Hi blaze I've always done it this way never had problems I'm using terra prof plus I've posted some pictures I'n flower from seed ? The Dutch pro chart tells you to feed like this plus what's the point feeding them then flushing the nutrients back out

prote
03-10-11, 02:21 PM
Starting to get yellow dots on the edges of the leaves is this nute burn ? How do I stop this ?

hi mate, this is a nutriant problem dood, id go and get a cheap tomatoe feed, as it has potasium, calcium and everything you need,

warning

what ever it says on the bottle to use HALF IT, more is not better, i promice, more is not better,

but once every 3 days this will help,

prote
03-10-11, 02:25 PM
I advise you to check the ph of your water runnoff. If you have peat in the soil it could be making your ph more acidic after your adjusted water seeps in the pot. I had this trouble and had to start adding lime to balance it. Soils like Fox Farn Ocean are very "hot" on plants. I still have this happening but to a lesser degree now.

this could also be a possibility, with weed like kids, its hard to diagnose, if this is your problem, fish shops sell PH up and PH down, use wisely and allways use the smallest amount over a few weeks, every 4ish days

Goodbuddy
21-05-12, 09:50 AM
Out of date Question.
Closing off.