PDA

View Full Version : molasses

mille
29-09-11, 11:47 PM
3 and a half weeks into 12/12,how often should I give the grow molasses ?
thanks...

Law Abiding Citizen
29-09-11, 11:48 PM
depends on medium and grow system bit more info mate

up2nogood
29-09-11, 11:50 PM
you can give your plant this all through your grow.I am feeding my coco plant with lyles black treacle once a week.. one tea spoon per liter

Alzy
30-09-11, 01:27 AM
Is that ok up2?
Thought black treacle contained sulphur ?
What about Epsom salts?

strewth
30-09-11, 02:18 AM
Molasses is better for the plant than Treacle, i can't remember why it's just stuck in my head lol, and yeh all the way through, 1 teaspoon per Litre, fill your container with warm water add molasses give a good shake and let it sit for a few min's to let the froth settle then top up with water and any other nutes

strewth
30-09-11, 02:19 AM
Is that ok up2?
Thought black treacle contained sulphur ?
What about Epsom salts?

Epsom salts is fine, 1 tablespoon per gallon, although you don't norm need it till around the 4th week of flowering as that is when the plant starts to use more mag

C 2 the J
30-09-11, 04:33 AM
Once a week for molasses feed, yes treacle isnt as good for the soil as its sulphured & that kills off the microheards in the soil which convert the feed into useful carbs for your plant, so they say, but a few people on here use it all through flowering with little to no problems. Ive used it & epsom salts on my baby last week & my plant is now showing a good amount of flowers/pistils from top to bottom, im actually quite surprised. But molasses is much more full of trace elements than treacle admittedly but its also 6-7 times dearer than treacle, also molasses is a main ingredient in most if not all brand name nutes,

If you want some interesting reading regarding molasses & its usefulness to your plant then search for "The 3LB's molasses manual - A marijuana growers guide to soil sweetners" its a lonish read but it tells you everything from what molasses is, where it comes from, differences between sulphured & unsulphered & most importantly, how good it is for your plants health, deffences & yeild. Its worth a read guys.

Hope that helps bro. Peace.

timothio
30-09-11, 05:44 AM
Its worth mentioning that the best molasses to use is "blackstrap" molasses. This contains more micro nutrients than normal molasses, which in turn contains more micro nutrients than treacle.

Lucky_Cat
30-09-11, 09:36 AM
This may be of help to uk growers http://www.meridianfoods.co.uk/index.asp?Section=Products&details=65 thats the blackstrap stuff which I use there is also a bigger unsulphered jar of cane molasses which is also good.

Finding the stuff is the biggest prob I encountered, going from shop to shop in town... then I found this http://www.meridianfoods.co.uk/index.asp?section=Where%20to%20Buy the link will tell everyone in the UK where to source some good ol blackstrap molasses.. I use two heaped tablespoon per 10 Litres.. probably could add a bit more but 3ml per litres sounds about right even though it probbo isnt.

Tabbatha
30-09-11, 09:40 AM
Amazon UK sells the Meridian Blackstrap at about a fiver delivered.

:)

mille
30-09-11, 10:24 AM
thankyou all for your replys...

smoke easy
30-09-11, 10:52 AM
I got a jar of the blackstrap Meridian from the town centre,
it was a small health shop for 99p but cant remember the name of the shop but i will check and let you know.
they may have a store by you. ive used it this grow in soil on every feed at 1 tsp a litre.

Law Abiding Citizen
30-09-11, 11:45 AM
all this info is right, BUT we still dont now how hes growing i.e if his in wilmas,dwc,nft and follows these instuctions hes guna have a suprize coming to him as molasses fuck them systems up... so follow this info if in soil or coco, if using the above^^^^^^^^ dnt giv your self a headache

smoke easy
30-09-11, 12:15 PM
i got 5 jars for a fiver and im doing a nft grow next, only 2 weeks left on my soil grow but ill save it and do a couple of autos in soil.its def worth using in soil as alot of the bud boosters are only molasses based but they add £10 to the price and give it a fancy name lol

mille
30-09-11, 05:21 PM
all this info is right, BUT we still dont now how hes growing i.e if his in wilmas,dwc,nft and follows these instuctions hes guna have a suprize coming to him as molasses fuck them systems up... so follow this info if in soil or coco, if using the above^^^^^^^^ dnt giv your self a headache
sorry I should have said that they're in soil...

babybud3232
30-09-11, 07:16 PM
I'm sure you can get it from holland&barratt or any other health shop

Lucky_Cat
30-09-11, 07:48 PM
Holland & Barrett for sure... we don't have one here, but do have a "go mango" which imho is miles better than holland n barratt just cus.