PDA

View Full Version : Question on strain smoke/strength

DKD
01-10-11, 07:55 PM
Hi all,

I've recently acquired some Super Silver Haze seeds, which came as a surprise, and wanted to know what the smoke is like, and also what it's potency is too.

I have grown from seed before but I wasn't pleased with the overall experience.
The strain I grew from seed was G13 and the seeds were supposed to be feminised.
Out of the pack of 10 I purchased I planted 5. Out of those five 1 had snapped it's head and 3 were male.
The other 2 didn't really yield much and I gave the bud from them to a friend cos he run out of smoke.
He did say that it wasn't bad but has smoked much better.
I still have five of those seeds but have never bothered to try them again.

I'm much more used to growing cheese strains from cuttings, mostly because I don't really have the space to keep a mother plant, so I buy the cuttings from a guy i know and he has no idea of the strain in particular.
For once I'd like to grow a strain that I know the name of and will give me that absolute messed up stone that my cheese grows give me.

Could anyone tell me what they think of the Super Silver Haze strain and it's potency please?

Mr Swilly
01-10-11, 07:58 PM
I really liked it when I smoked it, it has the x factor. Total bonkers head trip if that's your thing. Not really mine, but I applaud it's personality and it's ability to get you totally fucked out of your brains. Definately an ineresting one for sure.

azza
01-10-11, 08:13 PM
It's as swilly says a very trippy high and is the one I havent been able to grow after a couple of attempts. I like the smoke and normally grab some when I've visited the dam. It will take a lot longer to flower then your cheese a 12 week plus easily. I did a greenhose seed company grow of it and after 17 weeks flower cut my losses and gave up as was no where near done. Have done outside Uk too but again couldnt get it to finish

DKD
01-10-11, 08:33 PM
Thanks guys.

I'm currently growing some cheese strain at the moment and I'm about 1 month in.
This lot will hopefully yield much more than my previous grow as I have just 4 plants under 1 600watt light using bubblers instead of the 10 under a 600watt light in my Wilma grow.
Overall yield was 15 ounces from 10 plants in my Wilma.

The bubbler grow I have on at the minute is a test grow.
I am testing the claims of two manufacturers of nutrients to see if it's worth the extra outlay of buying the A&B and the additives.
I was thinking of adding a grow diary on the site but as I am member of another growing forum I don't know if it is against the rules of either site to have a duplicate diary on two different sites.

I hope to get a similar yield from these 4 plants and at the same time, find out which food is most suitable for my grows/water/environment.

Getting back on topic, what is the shortest amount of time that the SSH can be finished in using a hydro system like a bubbler, IWS flood and drain or Wilma?

azza
02-10-11, 02:09 AM
i have two duplicate diaries on two sites no one said anything and as my photos it's my choice imo. With the ssh it will be down to the seed company and pheno how long it takes to finish not the system used. If your doing seeds take a cut from each and keep the best that suites your method for next time. It was a wilma i used for mine but were cuts from the same plant if were seeds i prob would have finished some