PDA

View Full Version : What is happening to this clone?

karmabum
03-10-11, 08:36 PM
This is a Northern Lights clone (about six weeks old). It was doing well and then the leaves started curling and the new growth is bunchy and withered looking. They are on 18/6 with no changes in soil, temperature, water or anything else. Any idea what is causing this? Thanks.

Bobby Digital
03-10-11, 10:08 PM
need more info about your setup... :confused:

lights/extraction/nutes/routine/soil type all that jazz mate
welcome to the site by the way :)

karmabum
09-10-11, 09:06 PM
This is growing with a 400HPS in sunshine mix using some lightly mixed Fox Farm Big Bloom. Not sure what you mean by extraction. There are four plants, clones of plants that did well using the same setup/nutes/lights etc. Thanks for the help Bobby.

nimmo24lung
09-10-11, 11:05 PM
Could be a heat problem by extraction he means a fan sucking air there and out of the grow room and intake is in

Woody J
10-10-11, 06:46 PM
Leaves taking on a "claw" appearance with yellowing/browning tips.
Nutrient burn.
Just give them water, no nutrients for a week or 2 until the new growth appears lush & green.

Also, they look quite stretchy, suggesting either the light is too far away or the wrong spectrum bulb is being used.

The soil also looks quite dry, which could account for the slightly droopy look.
W

jobby2812
10-10-11, 07:00 PM
Looks like nitrogen claw and nute burn like woody said. I'd also check the pH of the water going in and also coming out. I think your getting pH issues which could be a result of the nute lockout.

jobby2812
10-10-11, 07:02 PM
Can you put up a bigger picture? This one if you look closely looks as if it has balls growing. It's your first picture you put up. I swear it is a male or hermie:

jobby2812
10-10-11, 07:17 PM
I can't get it any clearer than this but this is what I am looking at:

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/1625/medium/curly1_1_.jpg

chancer123
10-10-11, 08:51 PM
Looks like a load of balls :)

Woody J
11-10-11, 12:58 PM
Thats a damn good spot Jobby!
Totally missed that, nice one fella
W

jobby2812
11-10-11, 05:08 PM
Thats a damn good spot Jobby!
Totally missed that, nice one fella
W

I could be wrong as the second picture looks to have something similar. I'm wondering if it is new growth or not hence why I asked for a clearer picture. I've tried with my limited power to blow the picture up enough to see what it is without losing quality on the picture. As you can see I'm not very successful in doing so.

Karmabum can you get a closer picture of the red circle in my post so we can see if it is balls or not?

chanandler bong
16-10-11, 01:37 AM
yeh they look like giant man parts my friend need a clearer pic tho.
from the 1st pic i would have said cold temps at night or its going through the re-veg stage.
did you take the cutting from a flowering plant?
if so then thats probs why its hermied

chanandler bong
16-10-11, 01:39 AM
another thing to check. does it have any bannana looking things hanging down?
if so then its about to drop pollen everywhere and get it out lol

karmabum
21-10-11, 12:09 AM
I will post better pics tomorrow.

karmabum
21-10-11, 12:12 AM
But it's not. It's kind of like flowers that did not open, but started turning brown. I will post new pics tomorrow.

chanandler bong
21-10-11, 12:35 AM
ok mate you might still be ok then, the balls am no threat
its when they open up and release the pollen all over you entire grow lol
but clearer pics of it will say if its just new growth or balls :)

DustyBowler
21-10-11, 07:54 PM
Looks like in addition to nutrient burn, you might have a little leaf rust. I would take a 1 liter sprayer, add a teaspoon of baking soda and a couple drops of liquid soap and spray the plants, should kill mold/fungi and prevent the rust from spreading. I've sprayed with this combo many times for leaf issues (mainly powdery mildew) and find it effective for most issues. Another sick thing I do is put a ton of cigarette butts in a large container, fill it with water and put a lid on it. Add a couple teaspoons of this "soup" to the spray, seems the tobacco water is very effective against pest. I wouldn't spray with anything during the last 4 or 5 weeks of flowering though unless I absolutely had too.
have a wonderful day!

(ps, you could use potassium bicarbonate (instead of baking soda), but its much more expensive. The potassium feeds the leaves with a little nutrient, unnecessary imo though.)

Murdock
21-10-11, 07:57 PM
ph problem imo