PDA

View Full Version : using canna terra professional soil, which boosterpk 13/14? hammerhead? or overdrive?

webvoodoo
10-10-11, 03:44 PM
Hi

I'm currently helping a friend with her grow. the grow was well under way when i was asked to help so i have not chosen the current nutes. i have many years of experience but that was old school before grow shops, i have only done a couple of grows using nutes from grow shops and i am still finding my way with regard to the confusing multitude of nutes and enhancers. i try to keeps things simple and dont whant to add a million tonics and boosters.my last grow i used canna soil, canna a+b and added AN Overdrive towards the end with excellent results.
current grow :
blueberry in canna professional soil,(6 ladies under 2x400w and 1x600w hps, with 2 led panels and another 400w hps for side lighting) been in flower 5 weeks.
for the flowering period they have been drinking terra flores from the start.
at week 2 i started to introduce cannaboost ( i used these nutes because they were the ones available at this particular grow)
they have also had a dose of rhizotonic.
at this stage in my last grow i added AN Overdrive with good results (altho maybe finished a little later and had some weird fat buds growing out of existing buds which gave good yield)
so my question is should i add overdrive on this occasion (have read overdrive is for hydro only?) or should i use canna pk 13/14? as canna products have been used for this grow? or should i even use hammerhead pk 8/19 instead?
i realise the pk 13/14 and pk 8/19 have high pk for the flower stage but from my experience before all these new nutes came on the market that using too high a solution can cause plants to lock up and require leeching, sometimes the strongest is not the best.
will overdrive be ok with the canna or should i go with pk 13/14 or go for something completely different?

would love to hear other growers advice on this.

P.s. my friend has informed me that in the past few days they have been taking slightly less water (should be taking more at this stage ?) i have looked at them and they look excellent, big, healthy and no signs of probs

alcoholicpisspot
11-10-11, 06:24 AM
use the boost all the way through flower, I stop using rizo at week 2 of flower however some people continue to use it. Then 3 weeks before harvest use PK13/14. (If your looking an 8 flower, use it in week 5) I use for one week only because overuse will finish off your plants early and cost you in yield. however some people use it for longer. I recommend you use a decent flush solution on your last week, ask your local shop. They are fairly cheap and well worth every penny for that last bit of gains. Have fun!