PDA

View Full Version : need help ASAP please cannabutter

bboyz
13-10-11, 11:46 PM
hi all i have been making cannabutter with a slow rice cooker, it has been on the slow setting for nearly 3 hours now and i have stirred every half hour.... how long do i go until i start to drain for the fridge?

thanks

Photosynthesis
13-10-11, 11:50 PM
3 hrs sounds a bit much to me,
unless its a low heat.
i simmer gently for around 2 hrs

ChuChu
13-10-11, 11:51 PM
Check this out mate..

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?35974-Cooking-With-Cannabis

Photosynthesis
13-10-11, 11:55 PM
sean mc pot sounds more clued up than me,
ide follow him
but my cakes are well known in my circle for there potency

bboyz
14-10-11, 12:24 AM
yes its not been boiling its a cool setting on the rice cookers tbh its now been 4 hours as my weed went in the pot at 8pm and now is 12.25 so i think ill leave it another half hour then start straining and put into fridge for next 4 hours then i should be able to separate and put then into little tub in fridge in my room?

blurry-vision
14-10-11, 12:27 AM
I'd say more like leave it for a good 8 hours then it should be fine to seperate the butter from the shitty water..:) No rush is there ? :)

bboyz
14-10-11, 12:32 AM
erm well ill be going sleep and wont be able to stir it..... and also i was planning on using main fridge for the cooling through the night as my family and grandparents use the fridge for milk etc first thing in morning so kinda balls me up if they wake up and im placing the mixture into fridge lol?

blurry-vision
14-10-11, 12:34 AM
Oh my bad, assumed you had your own place. Yeh well, should be ok in 4 hours then, just I have always just put it in the fridge overnight then seperated it, but you gotta do what u gotta do. :) It should work out but as i say not tried it in that short a time.

bboyz
14-10-11, 12:36 AM
well i could leave so its simmered for 6 hours but that leaves me with 3 and half hours in fridge is that long enough for the layers to separate?

blurry-vision
14-10-11, 12:40 AM
Probably, it does not take ages. I can't give you a definite answer though. I'd rate it 90% certain perhaps ? Hard to be certain but it does seperate reasonably quick.

Might help to get the fridge temp down a bit if possible, otherwise you best just hope so, but like i say it's a good bet that you will be ok.

bboyz
14-10-11, 12:46 AM
right probs a stoner moment but i going to leave it to cook for another 2 hours ( 6 hours in total) then ill strain it out into a quality streets empty (clean) tin i have and then ill celotape it all up and put it in fridge then i they ask its my present from my girlfriend and they wont touch it until i remove it from fridge?

sounds good or wont work in a tin ?

blurry-vision
14-10-11, 12:48 AM
It should be ok in a tin, I've always used tupperware but a container is a container. So yeh crack on mate, it should be sweet.

ChuChu
14-10-11, 01:02 AM
Think you need to strain it tonight tho mate.?
You got cheese cloth or muslin to strain it, if not i would leave it on for the night, get some in the mornin..
Or try an old shirt or something with a fine weave..
Squeeeze it out when its cool, not cold then leave in the fridge till set then seperate..
If its cold your gonna have loads of bits in it and you wont get em out.. Taste mingin then..

blurry-vision
14-10-11, 01:03 AM
think that is what he is doing ! But yeh, u don't have to use a cheese cloth, an old t-shirt or tea towel will work the same in truth..

bboyz
14-10-11, 01:24 AM
i made a funnel out of a pop bottle and then i have coffee filters lol might take a little longer but they good at their job and if needed i can always throw back in for a second strain :)

thanks guys looks like ill be cooking tomorrow im thinking trip to asdas cooking isle is first priority tomorrow after confirming i have actual butter and not wasted 7gs of weed lol

bboyz
14-10-11, 01:26 AM
right ur all probs laugh at me but i have to ask...i just been stirring the pot and breathing in the nice smell of the weed and butter and my head seems to be going light headed ...surely i cant get high just from smelling it lol? i hoping it the amoxicillin i am taking thats causing it lol

blurry-vision
14-10-11, 01:28 AM
Not to my knowledge no ! Bu tthere could be some strong placebo going on..

bboyz
14-10-11, 01:37 AM
ye i thought u couldnt get high from the fumes or whatevers coming off it...its not burning btw lol thionk its lack of sleep tbh :) i just gotta wait another 20 mins then ill start straining it

blurry-vision
14-10-11, 01:47 AM
ok, hope it turns out good man..:)

bboyz
14-10-11, 02:34 AM
right all in fridge was a nice greeny yellow colour which is a good sign im guessing :) i managed to get the tiniest few little pieces in through my sieve and strainer but its all for me and i dont mind :) practice makes perfect lol lets hope in morning i have some butter to play with :)

ChuChu
14-10-11, 11:09 AM
Hows it going dude.?
Has it set.?