PDA

View Full Version : DR 120 tent scrog question

white widow ganja
21-10-11, 10:45 PM
hi

in the next few months im planning on doing a scrog grow in a Dr120 tent (120x120x180), can any1 recommend how many plants and what size screen would let me on my way to achieving the best results for the set up i have. I will be using a 600w hps and will be using wonder woman fems,

any input appreciated

cheers

Alzy
21-10-11, 11:07 PM
Just the one!
Depends really I've got 7 in the same size space and if you train and look after her under a scrog you could achieve the same results as I will with 7 and no scrog.
The method you use and medium you grow in also make a difference.
Hydro systems will always yield more than soil but each to there own.
These things are the things to consider befor you start.
Good luck mate

white widow ganja
21-10-11, 11:15 PM
Cheers for the reply Alzy

Im going to be using soil because i wouldnt really know where to start with hydro, and i know its going to be a ball ache wen it comes to flushing but i il think of somet wen the time comes, hopefully lol.

What results are you getting with 7 without scrog? and you going hydro or soil?

and thanks mate, good luck on ur grow, il keep an eye on it mate

nuube
21-10-11, 11:15 PM
I did three in that same type of tent although the screen was only 1mx1m. It all depends on plant type, (indica/sativa), and how long you want to veg for as Alzy said you could do one or three/four depending on what way you want to do it. Personally I would go for four.

white widow ganja
21-10-11, 11:23 PM
I did three in that same type of tent although the screen was only 1mx1m. It all depends on plant type, (indica/sativa), and how long you want to veg for as Alzy said you could do one or three/four depending on what way you want to do it. Personally I would go for four.

alrt mate

Going to be growing wonder woman, i was thinking 3 myself and let them veg a bit long to fill the screen, what were your results nuube? and if you have any tips mate, im all ears

cheers

Forest
21-10-11, 11:31 PM
ive got a srcog in same size tent i put in 9 plants cos i didnt want to wait to long vegging it still took 4 weeks to be ready to flip the lights, 8 would be a nice number for me in my two nft tanks next time
for a screen i used clumatus netting from a garden centre great stuff but you will need to reinforce it as the plant push it up big time i use micro bore copper pipe for a frame cable ties to the netting . i fixed it to the 4 upright bars with 15mm plastic copper pipe clips the ones you screw to the wall, check out my diary for how i did it any help needed just ask

white widow ganja
21-10-11, 11:37 PM
alrt forest

il take a look now and cheers for the advice

nuube
21-10-11, 11:55 PM
alrt mate

Going to be growing wonder woman, i was thinking 3 myself and let them veg a bit long to fill the screen, what were your results nuube? and if you have any tips mate, im all ears

cheers

I pulled 18Oz which blew me away. I actually quite enjoyed it as it was a bit like a puzzle trying to work out how to fill teh screen.

If I were you I would check some of the scrog diaries on here didymao's springs to mind, (I know there are many others but mind is blank), as does me own, the link in my sig will take you where you need to go. As far as I am concerned its the only way to grow!!

white widow ganja
22-10-11, 12:09 AM
18OZ nice one, im reading up all i can mate about scrog, checking eery diary i see with scrog, iv never grew with a scrog set up b4 but im thinkin its the only way to go with some of the results you can achieve, il take a look and thank again mate

Alzy
22-10-11, 12:35 AM
So ganja,
here's a mother plant I've put under a scrog with a 200w cfl veg light, she's in b&q soil in a 20ltr pot and I've fed only water till now. She's about 10 weeks old veg only18/6. She has about 20 tops visible and more underneath.
I've got metal mesh 1" squared holes(used for rabbit hutches) about 10" above it.
I've topped her about 5/6 times and the LST I did on her must be classed as a violation of her.lol

Alzy
22-10-11, 12:38 AM
This is after I took cuttings of her.
She has filled out and distressed .

Also a pic of current soil grow
7 x lemon

white widow ganja
10-12-11, 02:15 AM
all looks good mate, still not got the tent yet, few cash flow problems lol, got 3 wonder woman scrogging in a wardrobe, only got a 250w hps tho, flipped 3 days ago got plenty of budsites so shouldnt be to bad hopefully, just need to get me arse in gear and get the tent sorted lol.