PDA

View Full Version : Canna nutes

Sinister
22-10-11, 08:35 PM
Hi all,

I am wondering what the results are if you only use canna nuttes from start to finish without boosters etc? i.e grow A/B and bloom A/B ?

ChuChu
22-10-11, 08:39 PM
I have used canna for a few years but always used the full range..
Dont see the point of only using a few cos your not gonna get the most out of them..
Some of them are not feed they are there to help roots which help the plants to take the feeds..

Law Abiding Citizen
22-10-11, 09:01 PM
iv done a side by side test and cana boost is worth the money. ^^^ i agree with above, canna nutes work WITH each other so picking and choosing isnt advised.

although you can do it and get good results but better results when using the full range

Sinister
22-10-11, 09:14 PM
Im trying to find nutes that work good as grow and bloom only without boosters..reason being is they are for my phone controlled system and only have 5 tanks with dosing pumps..grow a/b, bloom a/b and ph down.

The advanced nutrients sensi grow and bloom work well as a friend of mine used to use them without boosters etc trouble is it looks like advanced nutrients are all going to be the PH perfect range of which from research are a bit hit and miss..years ago I used to use grow and bloom of a nutes whos names escapes me but always got good results and never used a CF baton etc

cheese slice
22-10-11, 09:19 PM
use boost cos u will doulble up on bud

Law Abiding Citizen
22-10-11, 09:22 PM
couldnt you hand feed with boosters/molasses once a week?

ChuChu
22-10-11, 09:25 PM
Your not gonna be using veg and flower nutes at the same time tho so you have 2 spare yeah.? After veg change to flower nutes..
Unless your not going to attend to them from start to finish.? Do you have a fear of your grow room.? Whats with the phone controlled system.?
Also what if they decide to use a load of nutes all of a sudden and your not there to see..?
A jug works for me..

Jay500
22-10-11, 11:07 PM
Hi all,

I am wondering what the results are if you only use canna nuttes from start to finish without boosters etc? i.e grow A/B and bloom A/B ?

Stick some pk in there and your on the money

Law Abiding Citizen
22-10-11, 11:12 PM
Stick some pk in there and your on the money

thats works along side canna boost, you can use on it own but better results use boost

Sinister
22-10-11, 11:35 PM
Your not gonna be using veg and flower nutes at the same time tho so you have 2 spare yeah.? After veg change to flower nutes..
Unless your not going to attend to them from start to finish.? Do you have a fear of your grow room.? Whats with the phone controlled system.?
Also what if they decide to use a load of nutes all of a sudden and your not there to see..?
A jug works for me..

If need be I could use the 2 x flowering dosers for boosters etc during veg and use the 2 x veg dosers for boosters etc during flowering

The phone controlled system is something ive been working on for the last 4 months or so and have spent a lot of money and time on it...see below a bit of an explanation as to how it works. I had a thread on here in the systems early stages but had to pull it as I had someone get in contact complaining about patent rights etc as I mentioned about potentialy selling it..it turns out the guy was an A hole who didnt know what he was on about...

It has a control stand, a main reservoir tank and a plant tank (the plant tank is for demo reasons)

The whole system uses throw away normal pay as you go sim cards of which ive been buying over the counter in tescos (with tesco mobile you buy the sims for 99p, add £10 and get £20.00 free credit so 300 texts at 10p each for £10.00)

It has 2 x picture messaging stand alone cameras that you can request individual pictures to be sent to your phone or you can put in alarm mode of which trigger when someone walks within a 5 metre range (in light or darkness) this then sends the picture to your phone instantly. You can then ring the camera to hear whats being said in the area. They can also send to any e-mail address also. One of these cameras sit outside the room in alarm mode and the other is fixed to the wall inside the room so you can request still pictures at any point...I have tried running into the room and grabbing the camera and it still gets you.

The main reservoir tank (120 litres) has 3 x switches inside it of which message you when the tank is full or empty (there's a 15 or so litre reserve below the bottom switch) the commands it sends are "TANK EMPTY ADD WATER NOW" and "TANK FULL ADD NUTRIENTS NOW" The tank also has a conventional mechanical ball valve like you get on a loft tank for piece of mind. The 3rd switch is a back up switch that makes sure the mix pump and ph doser cant activate when the water level is to low.

The system has a door contactor of which triggers when someone opens the room door and messages you "DOOR OPENED"

It has a water alarm which is basically a 50 metre sensor cable that you put across the floor of the room upon the sensor cable getting wet it sends you the text "WATER ON FLOOR!"

It has a smoke alarm of which when activated sends the message "SMOKE ALARM ACTIVATED"

It has a separate stand alone automatic fire extinguisher in the middle of the room of which activates when it senses 69 degrees centigrade these are used in labs etc...

Fill..It has a valve of which you send the command "FILL TANK" this will then will until it activates the top tank switch and send the message "TANK FULL ADD NUTRIENTS NOW"

Mixing..There is a mixing pump within the reservoir of which mixes the nutrients and PH down (see below) this is operated by sending the command "MIX TANK" and upon completion (3 minutes) sends you the command "MIX TANK COMPLETED"

Drain..There is a pump within the tank of which emties the tank within 5 minutes this is activated by sending the command "EMPTY TANK" it will then activate the bottom tank switch and you get the message "TANK EMPTY ADD WATER NOW"

Lights...I have built a contactor system with a 18/24 and 12/12 time clock on. The contactors operate 2 x 13A 4 way extension leads and can run 3KW on each extension lead i.e 8 x 600W lights..th prototype system is designed for a 8 - 10 square meter growing area. By default the lights are using the 18/24 time clock and upon command will turn the 18/24 timer off and engage the 12/12 timer for when its time to switch from veg to flower stage.

Light raisers..Upon sending the command it will pull up all the lights by .5 metres "RAISE LIGHTS" upon completion it will send the command "RAISE LIGHTS COMPLETED"

PH..the system automatically does PH down and turns the mixing pump on when the PH hits 5.9 and turns off again when it hits 5.6 - 5.7 you can also send a command to find out the current PH value..it uses a PH probe thats fixed into the side of the main tank

CF..Upon command it replies with with the current CF value..this can also be set so it sends you messages i.e "CF BELOW 1.0 EC" or "CF ABOVE 2.0 EC" these can be set by the user if needed.....I can hit the targets as of advanced nutrients and canna calculators no problem.

Nutrient dosing..It has 4 x 10 litre containers of which will contain grow A, grow B, bloom A and bloom B. they will dose .5ml strength or 1ml strength on command i.e send command "GROW A 1ml" and it will push in 1ml per litre (120ml for 120 litre tank) or "BLOOM B .5ml" of which will push in .5ml per litre (60ml for 120 litre tank) upon completion it send you the completion messages i.e "GROW A 1ml DOSE COMPLETE" or "BLOOM B .5ml DOSE COMPLETE" the above sample commands work for all 8 dosing combinations.

Using the CF feature and the tank emptying feature and the various nutrient dosing levels you can get the CF to the correct level i.e it goes to high you empty it or it goes to low you can .5ml dose.

I have built 2 x secondary wilma tanks of which im using for demo reasons...these have top and bottom float switches in, the wilma dripper pump, a inlet ball valve and an extraction pump. These fill from the main reservoir when the level goes to a set point and 4 times a day it disengages the dripper pumps and pushes the contents of the tank back into the main reservoir then refills..this keeps the ph etc at the same level as in the main tank.

Sinister
22-10-11, 11:50 PM
The system is being demoed during the first week of november in a big shed me mate is lending me for a few days..ive spent the day rewiring it so that the pumps between the planting systems (wilmas for the demo bad mistake I know as the drippers could block) disengage when the main reservoir is empty and when the filling solenoid is in use as it wouldnt be good if they started pulling from the main reservoir whilst the new mix is being dosed..

Basically im looking for nutes that will work from start to finish with good effect without having to mess about adding potions etc

ChuChu
23-10-11, 01:15 AM
I love your enthusiatham and use of tech mate but something says 'commercial' to me fella..
Like i said, buy a 50p jug to measure it out.. Simples..
It all just seems a bit excessive to me for a 'personal' grow..
Why go to trouble, expense and time for 10 plants..? Hmmm.?
Anyway.. Good luck.. You passed all my experiance..

Jay500
23-10-11, 08:49 AM
thats works along side canna boost, you can use on it own but better results use boost

I don't use boost mate have done and to no benefit and I'm pulling 1.5 g/w min every time

Diddydon
23-10-11, 10:04 AM
GHE micro, gro, bloom and ripen m8.... u´ll still ave a tank leftover for a root stim if u want to use 1..... i wouldn´t bother with canna... i learned that lesson already

Jay500
23-10-11, 10:11 AM
GHE micro, gro, bloom and ripen m8.... u´ll still ave a tank leftover for a root stim if u want to use 1..... i wouldn´t bother with canna... i learned that lesson already

Each to there own mate I rate canna

Up_in_smoke
23-10-11, 11:00 AM
I have always found Boost to definately increase overall bud density and growth rates and trichome development.
Have grown with and without it (when I've run out), the difference is definately noticable and whilst I continue to use Canna Nutes, I'll continue to use Boost, same for PK13/14, Rhizotonic and Cannazym, all have their benefits. Although the PK13/14 I am looking at switching to AN's PK4/10 as I do get a bit of issues, but my issues could be related to something else, the nutes may well be fine.

Diddydon
23-10-11, 11:55 AM
Each to there own mate I rate canna

u stick to ur canna then......lol

Woody J
23-10-11, 12:46 PM
Diddydon gave you your answer to this question.
I have tried just about every nute line there is and I would not recommend Canna. Mainly as some have said in this thread, for the best results, you MUST use the whole range of additives. I can get the same full range results from just the basic Advanced Sensi or GHE Flora ranges. Both are much cheaper when taking into account the cost of additives.

If you dont want to use Sinsi because of the ph perfect formula, your answer is GHE. Because of how the 3 parts work, you can up the dose on bloom for example instead of using some pk additive. To do this, you need to have a few grows behind you though.

You have a massive problem with this phone system. I applaud the thinking behind it but the issue is my skin, eyes and knowledge make me the best growroom diagnostic tool I know of. You cannot just push buttons on a phone from a remote location and expect to get good results. You have to be in amongst your plants at least every couple of days.
This all sounds like a commercial job where you rent a farm building, set up 10 tents and only venture to site at harvest time.
Someone doing all this for a 10 plant grow? I have my doubts.
Better still, having a demo set up? Whats all that about? It is either to sell the idea to someone for backing or sell the concept to a supplier.
Whatever it is, I hope it works for you. MAybe when you sell the idea you can sponsor this forum.
W

Goodbuddy
21-05-12, 11:32 AM
Out of date Question.
Closing off.