PDA

View Full Version : Colloidal silver and autos?

TC-UP
26-10-11, 08:24 AM
I think I have asked this in the right place as it concerns breeding, just not cross-breeding.

I have a couple of Big Bang autos that are 26 days from seed and I am very keen to have a go with colloidal silver to try and get a load of feminised seeds.
My original idea was to wait until these two finished and start off one plant to work with, but as always I want to accelerate my schedule.

After being inspired by up2nogood's 20 min job where he built a veg cab I was wondering if this could be used as a bachelor pad?
To take it a step further, as I don't want to spray a whole plant with silver, is it possible to take a cutting from one of the Big Bang autos and keep that in the new box and spray it in there to make the pollen?
Firstly would taking a cutting work and secondly I want to pollenate just some of the buds on the plant the cutting came from, how likely is it I will end up pollenating all of that plant and the second one as well?

TC-UP

Master Poet
26-10-11, 08:33 AM
You cannot take cuttings from autos, they do not have a veg stage to work with so the cuts would remain at the same stage as the mother and flower without growing at all really.

TC-UP
26-10-11, 08:41 AM
Cheers, so even if I only wanted a small amount if pollen it wouldn't work.

Damn, back to the drawing board :)

TC-UP

Hillbilly
26-10-11, 03:22 PM
Cheers, so even if I only wanted a small amount if pollen it wouldn't work.

Damn, back to the drawing board

You can only spray one branch but I found it's a pain to not have a whole plant to work with when spraying as you have to be careful not to get it every where and it would have been easier if I could have had a plant I could move and work with out messing with the "mother" so IMO two are really a better way, then just spraying one branch.

Barrie
26-10-11, 03:53 PM
hey mate just wondering were you getting your colloidal silver from im thinking about breeding a couple of autos for the new year :D

TC-UP
26-10-11, 06:55 PM
I will attempt to make it using 4 9v batteries and some 99.99% silver I bought on fleabay

TC-UP

Hillbilly
27-10-11, 03:53 PM
hey mate just wondering were you getting your colloidal silver from im thinking about breeding a couple of autos for the new year

The best is to make your own C. S. Here's what I did and so far the seeds have been pretty good as to being Fem! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?49289-Colloidal-silver-and-making-POGK-fem-Seeds

I will attempt to make it using 4 9v batteries and some 99.99% silver I bought on fleabay

TC-UP

If I can do it you can!!! As you know read, read and just do it!!

TC-UP
27-10-11, 04:28 PM
You know it hillbilly ;)

TC-UP

Ozgrower
18-11-11, 09:18 PM
Ok so for the not so bright people like myself. If I make some cs and spray it on a prized strain clone when its say half way through flowering and leave it in the room by itself to finish I will get fem seeds?

strewth
18-11-11, 09:23 PM
Ok so for the not so bright people like myself. If I make some cs and spray it on a prized strain clone when its say half way through flowering and leave it in the room by itself to finish I will get fem seeds?

The best way to make fem seeds is to have two clones of your favorite plant, flcik both clones together under 12/12, spray one of them everyday (i think, need to check my notes) for about 3 weeks, you will then see balls start to grow, when the sacks drop the pollen and use it on the other un-sprayed clone and with a bit of luck you will end up with some feminised seeds

wert
18-11-11, 09:32 PM
The best way to make fem seeds is to have two clones of your favorite plant, flcik both clones together under 12/12, spray one of them everyday (i think, need to check my notes) for about 3 weeks, you will then see balls start to grow, when the sacks drop the pollen and use it on the other un-sprayed clone and with a bit of luck you will end up with some feminised seeds

then when you get really good at it we can call you Arjen.............

strewth
18-11-11, 09:34 PM
then when you get really good at it we can call you Arjen.............

Lmfao........i'm never going that way mate

But please correct me if i was wrong in my statement (granted it was very brief)

wert
18-11-11, 09:43 PM
yes you advised correctly for selfing.
you can use the pollen to pollinate a different female as well.

strewth
18-11-11, 09:44 PM
yes you advised correctly for selfing.
you can use the pollen to pollinate a different female as well.

I'm still getting used to your humour mate :p

Ozgrower
18-11-11, 09:52 PM
Thank you so much. As its very hard to get seeds shipped here I managed to get 4 seed strains from a friend. SSH, king Kong, confidential cheese and 1 other so really want to keep the pure strains running so I don't have to clone them forever.

wert
18-11-11, 10:00 PM
you will get slight variations from the original when you self them.

Ozgrower
18-11-11, 10:06 PM
Slight is ok. As long as there "very close" to the original I will be ecstatic.

TheCandyManCan
21-11-11, 12:31 AM
I tried this Colloidal thing after taking advice from Wert and Hillbilly and it was going brilliant until I realised that the 6 seeds I bought did not auto as they were meant too lol. The were just some unlucky seeds I got and it was not the colloidal that stopped them from doing the auto bit. I will be doing this again at some point and hope that the seeds actually auto haha.

Good luck with it mate and honestly it is really simple to do.

Hillbilly
21-11-11, 03:46 AM
That sucks newtothctalk, all that time for them not to auto for you. Good thing you learned things and now you know you can do it!! If you can grow and harvest Cannabis you can breed Cannabis! Has to be one of the easiest plant to breed as long as there genetics are good.

TheCandyManCan
21-11-11, 05:33 PM
Cheers hillbilly. I contacted the breeder and they gave me a new pack of seeds.

I was disappointed but atleast I ended up with a good yield. The AK went outside for punishment and ended up being HUGE so atleast it done something and looked pretty lol

Hillbilly
22-11-11, 04:49 AM
Very cool!!! can't complain about getting a good yield!! Also the replacement beans!!1