PDA

View Full Version : another question about my crop if you please

the journey
27-10-11, 01:24 PM
right here we go , ive been growing for bout a year this is my 4th time so still quite a novice really. this is my forth crop of cheesy blues and i flower for 7 weeks and 4 days as i find that this is when there most potent (full body stone where you can think straight for days) which i like and my pals do to. now along side these cheesy blues i got 3 el ninos and there flowering time is 8 weeks. ive just been speaking with my pal who also grows el ninos (infact they were clones from his plants) and the question i want to ask is if i crop them at 7 weeks and 4 days same as my others will it matter that ive cropped them 3 days early? im not bothered that i may get a bit more bud(which is all my mate said would happen) im just interested to know if the potency will be massively effected ? thanks in advance (my el ninos in the pics)

Master Poet
27-10-11, 01:27 PM
I would say that the potency difference in 3 days would not be noticable to you or anyone else.

HighFlyerFlyingHigh
27-10-11, 03:17 PM
Yo Jouney, nice looking buds mate and potency would not really change enough over 3 days to be noticeable as poet said

they look like they could do with a week or two longer, even tho you like the full body stone I think the best time to harvest would be when triches are 70% amber plus the yeild would be noticeably bigger, when the triches are stil milky like yours are the buzz is alot more rushy and fast hitting but not as heavy hitting, but thats down to personal taste.

1 thing tho, did you start the flower period from the day you flicked to 12/12 or did you wait for 1st buds to appear before starting your countdown??

If it was from first flicking, your plants could be only be 6-6&1/2 weeks into flower, so you really should give it the extra week or 2 and you'l notice a big dif mate

MR Grumpy
27-10-11, 03:30 PM
I'd agree they look not ready can't see any brown pistils at all, to me they look early-ish in flower really more pistils than bud, the calyx's get much fatter and the plant doesn't look as hairy as well as them going brown is the first signs, then you need to get the scope out to look at the trichs, people seem to get pistils and trichs mixed up a lot they are very different.

Yours seem to me to be more pistils than calyx's once fattened those pistils appear mainly out the ends of your bud not making up the bulk of the bud as is now in the pics.

You have done them before so if you are happy with the buzz and yield etc cutting at this stage then it is your grow and mind to satisfy, as said previously be no real difference in a couple of days, couple of weeks as may be the case is another story, the main bulk is put on then.

the journey
27-10-11, 04:01 PM
hi there thanks for the reply, i forgot to mention the pics are when they were 4 weeks flowering , there 5 weeks flowering tomoz so still got 2 week and 6 days to go b4 i normally chop , thanks again