PDA

View Full Version : Whats to stop me using my canna aqua nutes for my coco grow.

spoonofinsanity
29-10-11, 10:09 PM
I know its designed to recirculating systems and not boosted for cal/mag like most coco feeds but since i have sensi cal grow and bloom on the way i thought that i might use the aqua for coco aswell so i can get through it quicker and replace with advanced nutes.
Can anyone see a problem with this i think it should be quite good because of the buffers in the nutes should make ph balancing easier.
thanks people

spoonofinsanity
05-11-11, 04:25 AM
The trial has been underway for 3 days now with no ill effects so hopefully the answer is nothing is stopping me

illearth67
14-11-11, 12:39 AM
The trial has been underway for 3 days now with no ill effects so hopefully the answer is nothing is stopping me
Hi m8 I'm following your experiment with interest. Someone else is trying the same thing so I have linked both threads to see if we can help each other out.
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?58258-why-do-my-fan-leaves-crinkle-up-in-the-middle-PICS-UP&p=1068942941#post1068942941
Good luck and please keep the thread updated.:stoned-smilie:

up2nogood
14-11-11, 12:45 AM
3 days is nothing mate..it's usually from the second week that things start to go wrong if you are using the wrong nutes,not saying you are using the wrong nutes..hope all goes well

illearth67
14-11-11, 12:48 AM
3 days is nothing mate..it's usually from the second week that things start to go wrong if you are using the wrong nutes,not saying you are using the wrong nutes..hope all goes well

I agree m8 3 days is too early to say what will happen but if he can boost the Ca and Mg levels he just might get away with it.

spoonofinsanity
14-11-11, 01:23 AM
Well i'm up to 10 days ish now guys with no major or minor problems touch wood going to switch to aqua flores tomorrow with a half dose of sensi cal bloom the plants are loving life at the moment hopefully this will continue.
Thanks for the link ill earth interesting stuff i might go with some proper coco nutes one day but i think i'm gonna use sensi from advanced as the base nutes next time and continue to supplement with the sensi cal products.
Cheers up2 making me a little more worried now lol
thanks guys i'll keep you posted.

illearth67
14-11-11, 01:39 AM
Well i'm up to 10 days ish now guys with no major or minor problems touch wood going to switch to aqua flores tomorrow with a half dose of sensi cal bloom the plants are loving life at the moment hopefully this will continue.
Thanks for the link ill earth interesting stuff i might go with some proper coco nutes one day but i think i'm gonna use sensi from advanced as the base nutes next time and continue to supplement with the sensi cal products.
Cheers up2 making me a little more worried now lol
thanks guys i'll keep you posted.

Wow thanks for keeping the thread updated I'm glad the plants are OK.:)
Is this grow in you sig m8 I'd love to keep tabs on what happens?

spoonofinsanity
14-11-11, 10:06 AM
Yes mate its my coco and autopots grow there will hopefully be another update this evening when i have switched to flower nutes and remembered to take the wire i bought for lst home from work.
Thanks illearth happy growing

illearth67
14-11-11, 07:21 PM
Yes mate its my coco and autopots grow there will hopefully be another update this evening when i have switched to flower nutes and remembered to take the wire i bought for lst home from work.
Thanks illearth happy growing
Cheers spoons going to pop in there right now m8.:)

Forest
14-11-11, 07:46 PM
had the same dilemma and i have had no problems in veg with canna hydro but in bloom with aqua i have, it in my micro ccoo grow
i put it down to having hard water from limestone bed rock and hard water nutes that wont have much cal mg
i got hesi in there now and showing some improvement, but would like to use the canna nutes as ive got a lot of it
im going to try use cal and mg from here (http://www.fluidsensoronline.com/) (good place to get mono chems from with cheap postage) to sort it out if once i work out what amounts to use
i will follow the threads to see what said

B.A.BARACUS
14-11-11, 07:48 PM
i used vitalink hydro nutes on a soil grown. no probs at all apart from the yield.

rick82
16-11-11, 01:04 PM
I have used vitalink hydro food in soil and coco and it was fine this made me ask myself a question is all this diffrent foods and types all just a money spinner?? I once used biobizz grow in a dwc bubbler and then in bloom used vitalink easy bloom and the results were sound so I think that says it all lol :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

illearth67
16-11-11, 07:10 PM
i used vitalink hydro nutes on a soil grown. no probs at all apart from the yield.

If your poor choice of nutes reduced your yield then I suggest there was a big problem.
I've been growing long enough to know that a growers choice of nutes and just as importantly knowledge of how to use the nutes properly can be the difference between success and failure.
I would advise every one to remember this before they decide to play fast and loose with their choice of nutes.
It is always best if not cheapest to use the correct nutes for the grow medium you're using imo.

spoonofinsanity
16-11-11, 11:10 PM
Think i might run into some problems soon illearth but not due to the canna aqua realised i have been adding 1ml per litre greenfuse bloom to every top up so i think i have been seriously overdosing on bloom booster for the last two weeks so this eves top up still has the bloom boost because the fact i was overdoing it only occured to me after i had added it to the res. I have compensated by lowering the ec of the feed itself to 0.9 ec from 1.2 green fuse is organic so doesn't effect ec but lowering the higher pk ratio feed hopefully will balance the overdose a little and i'll hopefully remember to leave it out of next top up and just run aqua flores and sensi cal bloom.
cheers guys

scoot
25-11-11, 08:26 PM
Ive used Hydro nutes in coco grows for well over a year mate(had stocked up on alot of it+it was cheap!),it will work with no problems,don't waste money on calmag,Tate&Lyles black treacle works as good if not better at only 54p for a tin that will last you a long time even being very generous with the treacle(btw it helps to add during veg also!)
I have only just started using Coco specific nutes on my last grow,and it SHOULD NOT affect yield at all if yield is affected its something else that youve done!(Ive managed just under 5oz a plant in coco with hydro,or coco nutes,the plant can't read the label!!!)

B.A.BARACUS
25-11-11, 10:34 PM
If your poor choice of nutes reduced your yield then I suggest there was a big problem. Wasn't my choice of nutes m8, I had some left from a nft grow & was advised they would be ok, obviously wrong advice..
I've been growing long enough to know that a growers choice of nutes and just as importantly knowledge of how to use the nutes properly can be the difference between success and failure.
I would advise every one to remember this before they decide to play fast and loose with their choice of nutes.
It is always best if not cheapest to use the correct nutes for the grow medium you're using imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk