PDA

View Full Version : Feeding schedule.

Friday
31-10-11, 10:47 PM
Hi guys :)
Iv got a auto going at the min (Easy Ryder - Joint Doctor) she is 12 days into flower under a 300w dual spec cfl.
All she has had is plain water threw her veg stage (4week) as she was happy with the bio bizz light soil for her feed. As she started to flower she started to pale so then I introduced the bio bizz nutes slightly.
Iv only fed her nutes twice in the last 2 weeks - 1st 1/2ml grow, 1/2ml bloom in 1.5ltrs ph 6.75 and the 2nd 2ml grow, 2ml bloom in 2ltrs ph 6.75.

I always stick to the schedule of feed,feed,water etc but iv just gave her her water only feed now but I think she would of benefited with another nute feed as she is yellowing up quite bad. she has lost a few of her bottom leaves due to the paling and I don't want her to loose anymore really as she is still so early into flower.

Here's some pics

My question is - would u change the feeding schedule to suit ur plants needs (feed,feed,feed instead of feed,feed,water) or would u keep to it and feed the nutes on the correct feed time ??
(hope that makes sense)

Cheers. :)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?54319-Fridays-Multi-Strain-Grow-Mentored-by-Dekay-!!

teutonic
01-11-11, 08:43 AM
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=79053&d=1320097167

some lovely bud developing. Not sure why leafs are yellowing tho soz.

Woody J
01-11-11, 12:34 PM
I am pretty sure your problem isnt nitrogen deficiency since it is starting lower down the plant and in the larger fan leaves first.
If you look at the leaves this is effecting more recently, they still have green veins, this does not happen with N def.

You have good old Mg def. Dont take my word for it, look at pics & descriptions of Mg deficiency.
When the plant is stretching in early flower, they use loads of Mg.
Epsom Salts should solve this. 1 level tsp dissolved in some hot water, then diluted to 1l and sprayed on your plant. Should only need it a couple of times.
You can also sprinkle half tsp on top of the soil to stop it coming back.

Hope this helps fella.
W

Friday
01-11-11, 10:36 PM
I am pretty sure your problem isnt nitrogen deficiency since it is starting lower down the plant and in the larger fan leaves first.
If you look at the leaves this is effecting more recently, they still have green veins, this does not happen with N def.

You have good old Mg def. Dont take my word for it, look at pics & descriptions of Mg deficiency.
When the plant is stretching in early flower, they use loads of Mg.
Epsom Salts should solve this. 1 level tsp dissolved in some hot water, then diluted to 1l and sprayed on your plant. Should only need it a couple of times.
You can also sprinkle half tsp on top of the soil to stop it coming back.

Hope this helps fella.
W

Cheers Woody !!
I'll defo add some in her next feed mate. Iv never sprayed my plants before only fed it via watering it in - would it be ok spraying them even tho they are in to early flower?
Wouldn't it incourage rot and mildrew in the bud?
I'm guessing doing it when lights just gone off is best time to do it - how much do u spray them mate? is it just a light mist all over or do u need to semi soak them??
Cheers for ur help mate.
Cheers dude. :)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?54319-Fridays-Multi-Strain-Grow-Mentored-by-Dekay-!!

Woody J
02-11-11, 01:51 PM
As long as you are not after week 6, spraying in flower should not result in mould unless you have very high humidity (over 70%).
I just give them a light misting, not a soaking and concentrate the spray on the leaves and away from the buds.

There is no damage to the leaves as such, just the yellowing. Since you are so early in flower, you will get away with giving her a grow feed. This has a little more N & MG in it than bloom feed usually. I would also get hold of some BlackStrap Molasses. It contains loads of micro nutrients and the sugars will feed the microherd. 1tsp per L or water and add to one of your water's.

W

Friday
02-11-11, 03:16 PM
As long as you are not after week 6, spraying in flower should not result in mould unless you have very high humidity (over 70%).
I just give them a light misting, not a soaking and concentrate the spray on the leaves and away from the buds.

There is no damage to the leaves as such, just the yellowing. Since you are so early in flower, you will get away with giving her a grow feed. This has a little more N & MG in it than bloom feed usually. I would also get hold of some BlackStrap Molasses. It contains loads of micro nutrients and the sugars will feed the microherd. 1tsp per L or water and add to one of your water's.

W

Cheers Woody :)
I'll give her a spray tonight before her lights go off. Sorry mate I didn't mention I already use the Mollasses in every feed - 1tea spoon per 2ltrs but I'll up it now to 1tsp per litre.
I use bio bizz nutes and iv read they don't put Mg supplements in their feeds so would u automatically add Epsom salts to ur nutes/spray leaves at certain weeks or wait till ur plant asks for it?

Cheers for ur help mate.
:)

Woody J
02-11-11, 05:53 PM
When I am in soil, I add ES to the soil when I make it up. Not a lot, just a tsp per 20l.
I am in what is technically a hard water area but it is borderline.
In hydro, I use Calmag, mainly because ES raises the EC a lot.

You can add to your water for feeding. Say 1tsp (5ml) per 5l. I know this sounds a small amount but you can easily overdo it and if you do, you can end up with major problems trying to sort out immobile micro nutrient problems.
Most people get by with a foliar feed as soon as any kind of deficiency shows itself. Usually pale low leaves with dark veins. Give them a spray and 3 or 4 days later it should lessen.

A tip would be to suggest going to your water companies website and finding out what exactly is in your water. They have to publish stats on this sort of stuff and it is probably the best way of finding out whats in it. If it looks like there isnt any and you use soil, adding a bit to the mix may be your best bet. I usually prefer prevention rather than cure but you have to be very careful with ES.

Good luck fella. W

Friday
02-11-11, 06:05 PM
Cheers Woody uv been a great help dude !!

:)