PDA

View Full Version : Question,re:cooking with bud

pagani
13-10-08, 11:00 AM
Hi there, I need.....:help:

Iv read the recipes for canna butter and the other recipes. I dont grow the plants as i have no space at all and as i only use it for pain relief i dont wanna get wasted either. I love the recipe for chocolate orange truffles but again it uses canna butter. I can only ever afford a bit of bud at a time so would i be able to use ground bud in food without having to make canna butter. I want to make some truffles for a friend who is in pain quite often and need to know how much bud to use and how to use it seeing as i dont have big amounts of leaf etc to use.

Any advice from you great people would be most welcome

Monty Bong
13-10-08, 11:34 AM
Hi Pagini

Yes mate you can use ground bud in the truffles, you'll need about a 1/4oz / 7g
Grind it up and add it to the melted chocolate and butter, other than that the recipe is the same. The truffles may be a bit bitty but will still have the desired effect. ;)

I hope the recipe helps you and you friend out. :)

MB

For most recipes that use cannabutter you'll be able to use ground buds instead.

TheLandOfGrit
14-10-08, 09:52 AM
I know a man that cooks some cookies for med,s like grandama will the bad back ect he only uses 2g per 100g of full fat butter and he tells me that after keeping the butter and bud in the pot for over the 4 hour mark leaves zero thc in the buds .
Its easy to over dose eating canna i use 3-4g per in my butter and it gets me the buzz i like

Monty Bong
14-10-08, 09:59 AM
The truffle recipe I have posted will make between 15 to 20 truffles, 1 truffle will get you nicely stoned 2 will get most people quite wasted.

TheLandOfGrit
14-10-08, 10:21 AM
The truffle recipe I have posted will make between 15 to 20 truffles, 1 truffle will get you nicely stoned 2 will get most people quite wasted.

They sound nice monty i think i will be trying them myself next time .
I still havent got used to the taste of cannabutter and some times it even puts me of smoking that strain again lol

Monty Bong
14-10-08, 10:48 AM
I know what you mean, I have tried everything to try and disguise the taste of cannabutter, these truffles are the best I have come up with. ( I don't mean the recipe is mine I got it out of a book called Cooking with Ganja) You can omit the orange juice and replace with rum or brandy, that helps.

I have also found the when making cannabutter using the simmering in water method, when you add your trim or buds if you also include a stick of cinnamon this helps disguise the "green" taste too.

pagani
15-10-08, 12:14 PM
Thankyou for your advice monty. i will be very careful with the amount i add. Mind you, i had such bad pain lastnite due to spasms i had to smoke two or three good joints before it were under control!

Iv had allsorts of meds but find this is the best by far and i dont get wasted either as hubby would have to pick me up off the floor lolol.

off to do the truffs now :drool:

Monty Bong
15-10-08, 02:16 PM
Good luck with them pagini, hope they help. ;)