PDA

View Full Version : smell!!!!

smokey mc pot
02-11-11, 09:14 PM
hi guys
im a newbie to the site and i am a long time smoker. i am sick to death of paying over the odds for shit cron, and getting next to nothing. i stumbled across this site when i was looking to grow a plant of my own. i only want one tent with one plant in it, just to save a few bob and hopefully grow some amazing swank. i just want some advice on how to stop the smell. many thanks

smokey mc pot
02-11-11, 09:15 PM
also anyone have a good idea of a good light tasty weed to grow?

alcoholicpisspot
02-11-11, 09:19 PM
I use a carbon filter attached to my out fan. This eradicates ALL smell until week 6 of flower when it kicks out a ever so slightly weedy sweet smell. Almost like bread cooking. then I turn on my ozone generator. google em, they are a serious bit of kit. JOB DONE.

Friday
02-11-11, 09:22 PM
Hi mate and welcome to THC. :)
To stop the smell u use a carbon filter on ur exhaust fan.
U need to do lots of reading up mate even before u start thinking of starting to grow.
Every thing U need to know can be found here, try reading threw the novice section.
Good luck :)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?54319-Fridays-Multi-Strain-Grow-Mentored-by-Dekay-!!

Friday
02-11-11, 09:24 PM
I use a carbon filter attached to my out fan. This eradicates ALL smell until week 6 of flower when it kicks out a ever so slightly weedy sweet smell. Almost like bread cooking. then I turn on my ozone generator. google em, they are a serious bit of kit. JOB DONE.

U shouldn't smell anything mate if ur filter is working correctly. :)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?54319-Fridays-Multi-Strain-Grow-Mentored-by-Dekay-!!

alcoholicpisspot
02-11-11, 09:26 PM
yea,
don't rush and waste your money and more importantly all that time!! It takes a few attempts to get it spot on (unless your a lucky git) This site is quality mate, everything you need to know. Have fun and good luck.

alcoholicpisspot
02-11-11, 09:31 PM
U shouldn't smell anything mate if ur filter is working correctly. :)

Its all running fine mate. Its my stinky cheese :-)

smokey mc pot
02-11-11, 09:36 PM
thats great lads, im reading as we speak and i will keep asking and reading untill im growing good dam shit. i am also only going to start with 1 plant, is that a good idea? or should i do 2. good site for newbies this, great members.

alcoholicpisspot
02-11-11, 09:44 PM
it all depends on how long you intend to veg your plant/s for. There`s no point in going to all that trouble if you've got a half filled tent. However over crowding is a no no. I know some people (soil growers) who fill a tent up during the veg process then when they switch to flower they pick the best looking plants of similar size to keep on and discard the rest. mate there are soooo many ways to go about it. Maybe you could find a mentor on this site? Look on the Mentor grow section.

Winstun
04-11-11, 12:34 AM
Yes mate carbon filter something like a small Rhino one and an inline exhaust fan such as a Ruck fan.... smell what smell :)

C 2 the J
09-11-11, 08:35 AM
Hi m8 and welcome to THCtalk,
As the lads have said your after a carbon filter, a rhino CF & rvk or ruck exhaust fan combo will suffice,
1 thing to remember about your choice in fans is don't go for the cheapest you can find, they usually dont last very long,
And it's something that stops your neighbors from knowing what your doing, with issues of smell anyway, you can't scrimp on security m8, cos these plants can stink to high heaven when in flower.
But as the lads said there's a bit to learn & a bit of expense to it, but there's nothing more satisfying than smoking your own homegrown m8, its the mutts nutts dude.
So work out what way your gonna grow, your budget & then the guys can advise you on the best stuff to get for what you have, if asked.
There's everything here you need to know dude & if it ain't here then there's some very knowledgeable people here that will help you out, the best.

Give them the info & bobs your uncle,
start with, whats your tent size?,
do you have lighting?
If so what is it?
Your planned grow method?
We already know it's 1 or 2 plants (but include it next time anyway, to refresh memories lol)
Basically a small rundown fella.

Good luck m8.

Peace :joint:

Goodbuddy
21-05-12, 11:04 AM
Out of date Question.
Been Answered.
Closing off.