PDA

View Full Version : dehumidifiers?

dapperdan2
04-11-11, 07:35 PM
hello, i got a problem with my humidity at the momemt when lights on its around 45/60 when lights off its got up to 90%..now i think im going to buy a midi dehumidifier as anyone used one in a grow tent? Are they beneficial and will it get my rh below the 50s?:confused:

Woody J
05-11-11, 02:00 PM
Aldi have cheap dehumidifiers in their special offers this week.
I have used an electric dehu but not in a tent.
There are ways of getting your humidity down.
Try to even out your day/night temps, a small tubular heater will help, this will drop the lights out humidity.
Bowls of rice, covering pots after watering, NOT spraying etc.
If the plants are transpiring a lot, this increases humidity, you can reduce it by lowering water levels in hydro or watering less frequently in soil/coco.
If you buy one, make sure it is programmable.
W

Tester
05-11-11, 03:31 PM
small oil radiator with a thermostat on it £20 from b&q or homebase

wah wah
05-11-11, 03:32 PM
Just bought one today mate, it,s in me tent, i,ll let you know tomoz, i think they take a day or so before they have any real effect

i could be wrong about that though.

Uncle Albert
05-11-11, 04:12 PM
I have just pick one up from B&Q £50
Daily dehumidification of 300ml at 30c & relative humidity of 80%.
Will let you know if it's any good or not.

ChronMan
05-11-11, 04:16 PM
do you have extraction mate? because my humidty is stable lights on and off.

LBN
06-11-11, 07:38 AM
I had to get one a few months ago out of argos (95euro) its a CHALLENGE 16l pldm 16e and it worked very well
i just set the humidity to 55% and when the humidity went higher than that it just comes on till it gets back to 55% and knocks off.
make sure you buy a plug in one because them other little tablet refill things are shit and wont work.
Try to water as early as you can. just after your lights come on...:stoned-smilie:

wah wah
06-11-11, 09:53 AM
Not impressed with my piece of £175 piece of shite at the moment, rh was 65-75% before it,s now around 56-62%, it,s been in tent

for around 20hrs, it,s an amazon 12ltr from argos.

Alzy
06-11-11, 10:59 AM
Has anyone tried hanging a nappy up? Or tampons?
These are designed to absorb moisture?
Havnt used either myself as rh is between 45-50% but have read on other threads about this cheap method?
If you try it pm me if it works.
Just theory at the moment,I guess?????

Uncle Albert
06-11-11, 05:54 PM
I have had mine running in the groom now for 24hr & it has dropped from 61% to 58% not much of a drop but I have only got it sat in the very far corner of the groom,anyone know if raising it up from the floor would have a better affect??

wah wah
06-11-11, 05:56 PM
Ok, mine as been in tent for around 28hrs and rh as gone from 65-75% to around 41%, so im very happy at the mo.

LBN
10-11-11, 05:30 AM
I have had mine running in the groom now for 24hr & it has dropped from 61% to 58% not much of a drop but I have only got it sat in the very far corner of the groom,anyone know if raising it up from the floor would have a better affect??

I dont no if that will help but do you need to empty it very often...

dapperdan2
10-11-11, 11:42 AM
as often as his bollocks i should imagine....ye once a day

Syrinx
10-11-11, 10:40 PM
I've got a little one that removes 300ml per day at optimal operating conditions, it only has a 250ml, reservoir and it can take a few days to fill it. I would imagine having your dehumidifier sitting higher than your plants, or at the same level would work best. Hot air rises and holds the most water, plus if your dehumidifier is above your plants it will catch any moisture you plant gives of via evapo-transpiration. Mine sits on the floor though lol.

Goodbuddy
21-05-12, 11:13 AM
Out of date Question.
Been Answered.
Closing off.