PDA

View Full Version : Going to make the step in to vaping soon... extreme q owners, a question????

Dougal
08-11-11, 12:48 AM
Hi all,

im gonna take the plunge and buy in to vaping very soon.

Ive read up a fair bit on them and ive decided the main factor is that it must have a balloon, as this will be far better for me and the missus to pass back and forth across the sofa.

So that basically leaves me with 2 options (from what i can find), the volcano or the v-tower E Q.

My one question is mainly for the v tower owners. On the volcano the bag has a self sealing valve, where you push the valve with your mouth to let the air out as you inhale. Does the v tower have this?? if not what do you do, just stick your thumb over it???

Cos thats my only decider between them really, if the v tower is self sealing then ill go for that and save myself a pocket full of cash, if not im prepared to shell out the extra for the volcano!!

cheers people

Dougal

The General
08-11-11, 02:30 PM
Hey man the Arizer is a wicked bit kit , it doesn't come with anything on the end like the volcano , so a thumb does the trick although not much comes out if you don't (if your passing around etc) Iv still to try the whip for mine , it's been nearly a year . Any other questions ask away

Anonymiss
08-11-11, 02:33 PM
It's completely different, but you might like the Magic Flight Launch Box (http://magic-flight.com/).

Dougal
08-11-11, 05:14 PM
Cheers for the replys guys, ill have a look at that one missy, but tbh I've already decided its gonna be a volcano or a v tower as my local head shop sells both.

ill probably go for the volcano purely for the self sealing valve!!! i know £200 is a lot extra for just through valve but its the convenience factor of it!!!

MsM
14-11-11, 08:30 PM
My Vapor Genie arrived a few days ago, im fed up with it already, practised many times but so frustrating! Im looking into the above vapourisers, Ariza sounds interesting.

Dougal
14-11-11, 10:13 PM
Why are you fed up with it, whats wrong??? im lovin my v tower!!!

MsM
14-11-11, 11:35 PM
Why are you fed up with it, whats wrong??? im lovin my v tower!!!
Im fed up with the Vapor Genie, although its small & compact, its hard to heat it up right. Ive asked for advice from other members for any helpful tips for using the vapor genie. Bet the V tower works wonders!! its just inhaling from the balloon bag that i dont think id like.
If worse comes to worst i may just have to get the V tower.. smoking joints is so unhealthy for me, vapourising is the way to go :)

MsM
14-11-11, 11:41 PM
Just read the other post that the V tower can be used with a whip, thats great! going to look online now for a V tower, thanks for posting your advice about it :)

MsM
15-11-11, 12:21 AM
Hi, i just bought it!! Couldnt take the anxiety much longer. Its being sent express, should have it on Wednesday! So excited, i bought the one with the remote control & balloon.(with whip too) The balloon kinda put me off at first but i think i may like smoking with that. You definetely helped me make up my mind, otherwise i wouldnt had bought one for ages..thankyou!!! :) Ill let you know what i think of it!! cant wait!

Dougal
15-11-11, 07:03 AM
Im sure you wont regret it. i put about .2 grams of weed in the top and on about 180 - 195c itll give a couple of full bags of nice tasty vapour. it does take some getting used to after smoking joints though, weed without tobacco gives a much different high!!!

tbh ive not used the whip yet, i find the bag so convenient. the missus still says it looks weird to see me sucking on a balloon!!!.

i hope you enjoy.

MsM
15-11-11, 01:11 PM
Im sure you wont regret it. i put about .2 grams of weed in the top and on about 180 - 195c itll give a couple of full bags of nice tasty vapour. it does take some getting used to after smoking joints though, weed without tobacco gives a much different high!!!

tbh ive not used the whip yet, i find the bag so convenient. the missus still says it looks weird to see me sucking on a balloon!!!.

i hope you enjoy.

Thanks again Dougal! paid 200, but im sure its worth it. Saw the other tower which was a little cheaper but this one is so much better. I swear had i not read your thread i wouldnt have been motivated to buy one. ..oh i cant wait for the postman to arrive! thanks again, have a great day! :)

Dougal
15-11-11, 01:43 PM
Let me know how you get on.

Anthrax
15-11-11, 07:33 PM
Let me know how you both get on :)

its an excellent piece of kit.. let me know how much youve put in the bowl and how much of a suck you take on the bag.

I know its different for everyone but ime interested, I usually fill the bowl half way sometimes full up, put it on its lowest fan setting and I usually take a deep lung full, but only on weed Ive used and grown, when its a differrent strain I take half a lung roundabouts see how I feel then usually top off with a deep suck(no blow job jokes).

Dougal
16-11-11, 07:05 AM
I fill the bowl up to where the black bit is, its about 0.2 - 0.3 grams, but the stuff ive got atm isnt that great tbh!!!
i take a full lungfull, a bag gives me 5 or 6 big tokes.

MsM
16-11-11, 08:30 PM
Hi Dougal & Anthrax :)
Wow, what can i say??!!!! im kicking myself that i didnt buy this a LONG time ago!! Its amazing!!! Just need a bit of practise, im using the whip & cant believe how brilliant this is! At first i thought, "am i getting high?"...then i stood up & WOW!!! Love the remote control too :) :)
Just a quick question Dougal, is it normal for the "HEAT' light to blink constantly or does it mean its not heated up properly yet? doesnt mention anything in the leaflet.. it seemed so fast to heat up to 180 C, couldnt believe it! ..just not sure about the blinking light..
...Must vapour been seen when exhaling? When i smoke from the whip i dont see any vapour when exhaling. Perhaps its not hot enough? Ill look at what the other members set their temperatures at, what temp do you use? thanks again Dougal :)
Btw Anthrax, you must buy this, youll never regret it! :)

Anthrax
16-11-11, 10:18 PM
Yeh red heat light is normal to blink m8, its just regulating the temp.

I use 200 first bag then 210 and finally 230, and yes its a great little machine.

I ordered some spares from the states including some extra bags, gauzes and an extra bowl just incase I break one as Ive already broke a glass elbow, was cleaning it and the plastic tube wouldnt come off and it snapped off in my hand and cut my finger.

I heated the end up in hot water next time and it came off no problem, cleaned all parts in isopropyl alcohol bought from ebay.

MsM
16-11-11, 11:09 PM
Yeh red heat light is normal to blink m8, its just regulating the temp.

I use 200 first bag then 210 and finally 230, and yes its a great little machine.

I ordered some spares from the states including some extra bags, gauzes and an extra bowl just incase I break one as Ive already broke a glass elbow, was cleaning it and the plastic tube wouldnt come off and it snapped off in my hand and cut my finger.

I heated the end up in hot water next time and it came off no problem, cleaned all parts in isopropyl alcohol bought from ebay.

oops i thought you didnt have one :) Thanks for letting me know about the light, temp & tips :) Im loving this machine! Im back living in the Uk now for a year, but the country where i was living in for a number of years had these for almost double the price! So happy i have one now! Ill have to try the bag tmrw (doesnt seem very lady like hehe)..but im curious what its like :) Im an ebay seller/buyer so its great to know theres parts on there too :) Im ecstatic that this is healthier for me! Have a great nite, enjoy too! :) :)

Anthrax
17-11-11, 12:33 AM
lol no probs..

You'll find the bag much better :) its a lot easier to regulate how much your taking in.

About the red light, what I do is take bowl off, turn on 180 200 which ever temp you feel like to begin, put filled bowl on, wait till it reaches desired temp, give it a minute then turn fan on slowest speed , as soon as the bag is full with milky goodness lol take a suck :)

Dougal
17-11-11, 07:20 AM
Glas your enjoying it msm, ive been searching the net for temps and 'tips and tricks' to try out. I came accross a forum purely about vaping, theres a thread about the extreme q thats 131 pages long!!! pm me if you like and ill give you a link. The guys who make it are on there too so its a wealth of info and deffinately worth a read.

ive seen it on here but not tried it, but if you pack the gauze in the elbow of the whip or mini whip, then fan setting 3 in to a bag, i started at 200c. after 2 bags i was pretty much done!!! of course i had a couple more after, be rude not to as she was all heated up and ready!!!!

one thing a lot of people were saying was to put the bowl on the q and let it heat up for 10 - 15 mins before your first vape, works a damn site better then! they were also saying that the temp isnt spot on as it give heater plate temp, not vape temp so if you set it to 220c for instance, it will be vaping at a lower temp. once i started to play with the temps it all got a bit better!!

enjoy!!

MsM
17-11-11, 06:19 PM
Hi Dougal, ill pm you shortly for that link please..havent used the balloon yet, ill try it later tonight. (perhaps just before Family Guy starts hehe)..Its amazing how fast the machine heats up! I counted & it was around 30 or so seconds. Is it still best to heat up the herb although it reaches the temp so fast? I tried smoking it at 220 C, got a little paranoid incase the machine overheated LOL, then i tried the whip with the fan #1 & LOL, its definetely meant for the balloon bag only. What i need to work out is whether i should be seeing any vapour when exhaling & how to tell when the herb has finished completely..that forum link should help ;) thanks Dougal :)

MsM
17-11-11, 06:24 PM
oops unable to pm you Dougal as i have to have 38 posts. Ill get there shortly, so ill message you soon :) oh i need to perfect the use of this brilliant machine :)

Dougal
17-11-11, 07:05 PM
Lucky me, im able to pm!!

Sooooooooooo, you should find a pm from me waiting for you with all the info in it.

Enjoy family guy!!! great program, deffinately some recreational drugs used in the writing of that show!!

Anthrax
17-11-11, 07:40 PM
lol.. it wont overheat MsM, dont worry about it just enjoy it :)

Oh and you'll see vapour coming out as you exhale..

MsM
18-11-11, 04:57 PM
Lucky me, im able to pm!!

Sooooooooooo, you should find a pm from me waiting for you with all the info in it.

Enjoy family guy!!! great program, deffinately some recreational drugs used in the writing of that show!!

Thankyou so much Dougal!! i have the links, ill def read up on the Q tonight :) thanks again for the pm :)
Btw..im a Family Guy & American Dad addict! :)

MsM
18-11-11, 05:05 PM
lol.. it wont overheat MsM, dont worry about it just enjoy it :)

Oh and you'll see vapour coming out as you exhale..

Oh so im meant to see the vapour :) thankyou that helps, as i wasnt sure, had been told that you only see it when the herb is finished/burnt. Dougal also sent me a great link so thatll help heaps. Wow, once ive mastered it, itll be so enjoyable. Wish i had friends that smoked, how fun itd be to the vapouriser during a good get together! ..love the remote & blue light too! :) thanks again Anthrax :)

Dougal
18-11-11, 06:43 PM
Btw..im a Family Guy & American Dad addict! :)

theres nothing like good night on the green stuff and a a few hours of seth macfarlanes finest!!

enjoy

MsM
18-11-11, 10:54 PM
Hey guys, i just tried the balloon a few minutes ago for the 1st time....wooooow! i quite like the balloon, wouldve been great if they had smaller ones & i takes me ages to smoke it hehe...itll prob take me days to figure out how to put a new balloon on LOL, especially how high im getting with this Q! I cant express how happy i am with this.. wow what a machine... have a great night Dougal & Anthrax!
oh dear ive rambled on, lol honestly it feels amazing, its like when i first smoked when i was 16yo!..time for another balloon :) :)

MsM
18-11-11, 10:55 PM
Hey guys, i just tried the balloon a few minutes ago for the 1st time....wooooow! i quite like the balloon, wouldve been great if they had smaller ones & i takes me ages to smoke it hehe...itll prob take me days to figure out how to put a new balloon on LOL, especially how high im getting with this Q! I cant express how happy i am with this.. wow what a machine... have a great night Dougal & Anthrax!
oh dear ive rambled on, lol honestly it feels amazing, its like when i first smoked when i was 16yo!..time for another balloon :) :)

Dougal
18-11-11, 11:05 PM
Well, ive done 2 balloons so far, just about to have another!!:leaf:

ive only used the balloon so far, not tried the whip, might give that a good seeing too tomorrow night:smokie:

Anthrax
20-11-11, 12:54 PM
If anyone is after a extreme q, just done a search on ebay, theres one there for £70 was gona buy it for my m8 but changed my mind, good luck..

MsM
20-11-11, 06:38 PM
Well, ive done 2 balloons so far, just about to have another!!:leaf:

ive only used the balloon so far, not tried the whip, might give that a good seeing too tomorrow night:smokie:

Hi Dougal, wow that link for info is great, im up to page 8...
How are you finding the whip? I can never see vapour thru the whip or when i exhale, so im finding the balloon easier. Id prefer to use the whip, so ill read more up on it tonight. Just tried it again & its a little frustrating, whereas the balloon seems easier to see vapour. Its strange though, other vapes that i bought would say that you only see the vapour when the herb is burnt. What do you think? sorry to bother you about this... :)

MsM
20-11-11, 06:41 PM
If anyone is after a extreme q, just done a search on ebay, theres one there for £70 was gona buy it for my m8 but changed my mind, good luck..

(..i dont know if im allowed to say this so moderators please delete if necessary:)

....if you ask the Ebay sellers nicely, they send it as a 'gift' rather than 'merchandise'..it avoids the customs fees :)

Dougal
20-11-11, 08:08 PM
to be honest, ive only tried the whip briefly, ive not got a table close enough to the sofa to use it!!

I quite like the balloons myself, fill it up, and toke at your pleasure!! Plus my girlfriend is pregnant at the moment so shes given up smoking for now, so i get the balloons all to myself!!!

Plus if you start a balloon off, if theres no vapour you can always turn the temp up till you see it.

Not sure on the vapour when burnt. I pack the elbow with a small amount, connect the balloon and then put it all on the eq and let it sit for about 5 mins, then 200c fan speed 3 and the vapour starts to poor in to the bag within about 10 - 15 seconds.

Im putting such a small amount in that it gives me 1 solid bag, then its done. I could get another balloon out of it but i dont think it would be worth it. Once its finished the load is quite a dark brown, deffinately not burnt totally. Im gonna try starting at 190c tonight and see how i get on with a second bag

Im slowly going through that thread, think im on page 13 so far. Im on night shift this week so ill have plenty of time to have a read up!!

The General
23-11-11, 01:28 PM
Glad to read that everyone is enjoying their Arizer , Iv heard when using the whip you have to give slow deep pulls to get good vapor , and when using the bag fan speed three is recommended :stoned-smilie:

Iv yet to try an elbow full myself ! I need to remedy that soon :smokie: I usually just use .2 in the cyclonebowl (I let my weed sit in it for a few mns) then hit my first bag on 180/185 I usually have about 2/3 bags from each bowl .

I hope when your cleaning your implements your evaporating the iso ? I done mine for the first time the other week , and I was left with some lovely amber vapor extracted THC oil :xmas: recommended the gift that keeps on giving lol

Enjoy