PDA

View Full Version : Cloning good ones or bad

Trev
09-11-11, 11:22 PM
Hi all I'm I'n a pickle I'd like some clones off a mate but never had any before normally use seeds .
However how can I tell if they are good or bad , I won't be able to see the mum ? Any help would be great

nimmo24lung
10-11-11, 12:55 AM
If u can see them put a pic up otherwise if It Has green leaves and roots there not much more I can say apart the obvious

chronic1
10-11-11, 01:44 AM
Just make sure its healthy cuttings your getting and not ones that already have deffiencies etc. It might not end up being the strain you thought you were getting but either way you will still have bud at the end :D

stealthbudz
10-11-11, 01:04 PM
If there for free and off a mate what's the worst that could happen. As long as they look healthy and there kept well take em' :)

Alzy
10-11-11, 01:14 PM
I look at green leaves and White roots.
Lots of roots with no yellowing or brown tips on them.
Also new growth is darker than the old.

phenoix
19-05-12, 08:29 PM
I look at green leaves and White roots.
Lots of roots with no yellowing or brown tips on them.
Also new growth is darker than the old.
what does it mean if the new growth is brighter green and some of the older leaves have brown tips, see iv been getting some clones and two of them are like that

Alzy
19-05-12, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't worry unless there are no visible roots.
As soon as you start feeding in a hydro system/inert medium or plant into soil they will recover.
Probably N diff. the new growth will be supplied with food from the bigger leaves which will subsequently die.
Clones only have a limited amount of stored nutrients to survive, so a low/diluted feed will supply them with the enough to 'get by' with until potted into there new home.

Sorry for the late reply.
Green mojos