PDA

View Full Version : cuttings under 600 watt duel spec

green1
14-11-11, 06:59 PM
hi all hope you can help me im little stuck.i have 2 600 watt sun master duel specs over my ladies and want to take cuttings soon would it be possible to put my proper gater in corner of grow room with cuttings inside so they get light and humidity my lights are on 18/6 and my room space is 8ft by 6ft please help

Icon
14-11-11, 07:05 PM
Yes no probs keep the prop air tight and plenty of spray on clones and inside prop. Temps need to be quite warm for cuttings I have mine up at 26 to 30C if there lower they take longer to root but will still be ok
Patience is the key assume 2 weeks for good rooting if temps are lower

Master Poet
14-11-11, 07:25 PM
I wouldnt stick mine under a 600W and spray them, the leaves will burn.

Icon
14-11-11, 07:31 PM
there in a prop 5 to 6 feet away with the inside sprayed works fine no probs at all

B.A.BARACUS
14-11-11, 07:44 PM
dont see why not if temps are ok.

green1
15-11-11, 09:54 AM
thanks all my temps are running at 75/80f and lights are about 4ft from floor.i will spray top of dome and cuttings and put in corner of room.wat if the dome keeps drying up do i keep spraying or wait til condensation from soil starts misting dome please help

Icon
15-11-11, 10:02 AM
Just keep spraying the dome once a day should be plenty the propagator should have vents on just keep them closed.
You dont want to have the clones saturated for days they just need a good spray once a day if they are too wet for too long then you can have problems but its unlikely.
just keep your eye on them and be patient the clones will look great at first then they will start to droop and you will panic but then they will pick up its just part of the process.
the cuttings dont want any large leafs on if they do then cut them in half theres vids on youtube for this. if your not sure then ask i will source one for you
Are you using clonex or similar rooting stimulator? that will also help

green1
15-11-11, 02:35 PM
thanks icon your a star my cousin gave me some powder stuff forget wats called to dip cuttings in once taken off mother then ill put strate into rockwoolthats been waterd my prop hasnt got vents its just a cheap thing but should do the trick for now i hope.

Black Star
15-11-11, 02:42 PM
Just put a sheet of newspaper over the propagator to reduce the light until they're settled and looking OK

green1
15-11-11, 02:54 PM
thanks bs will try that im depending on these cuttings too