PDA

View Full Version : cloning question

SmobyToker#1
21-11-11, 01:51 PM
Hi peeps, i have some clones in the cupboard in soil but i don't know how long i need to leave them under the home made (from bottles) humidity domes. i realize that humidity needs to be high to aid rooting / transpiration. however, i am also aware that too much humidity past a certain point can be bad for the as they need air more . so when is best to remove them, thanks tob

wert
21-11-11, 02:11 PM
they need to have rooted before it is safe to remove your ´´dome´´.
they have no way of taking in moisture other than from the leaves in a very high humidity.

SmobyToker#1
21-11-11, 02:25 PM
Hi Wert, thx for your fast reply. so keep them on until i see new growth i guess, that is a sure sign they have rooted. many thanks
they need to have rooted before it is safe to remove your ´´dome´´.
they have no way of taking in moisture other than from the leaves in a very high humidity.

wert
21-11-11, 02:33 PM
the plants may wilt after the first couple of days.........do not panic.
a sign the clone has rooted is as you say ,new growth.....the tips of the older leaves may start to yellow as the plant begins using up their stored energy to produce new growth.
when they start to root do not take the dome off completely but raise it so more air can get in and see how they react before taking the dome off.