PDA

View Full Version : POGK Fem 400w HPS

Hillbilly
23-11-11, 06:19 PM
I am going to do a for the heck of it grow of a POGK Fem seedling and I will be using a 400W HPS in my homemade grow tent. 2' wide x 4' long x 4'.8 tall. white poly all sides. this grow tent is about half as wide as my one last year. I hope more light to the plants? any tips someone can give me using 400w HPS on seedlings, like how far should I start the light above not to burn the seedling? But I don't want it to far so that it will stretch like crazy too.

Yes Soil, in regular pot, I might get a felt pot and transplant it in a week or two. right now it's in a pint pot filled about half way, so any stretch I can add more soil. Will be starting a diary soon with some others that I will be growing out or making seed from..

lil rasta
23-11-11, 06:22 PM
nice dude, cheers for the seeds again. I use a 400w in acooltube and could have it a foot away from seedlings so go for 2 foot or just use your hand if its feels any heat move the light up and give yourself a few inches of saftey as they will grow fast.

TheCandyManCan
23-11-11, 07:27 PM
Good luck mate i'll be watching.

Hillbilly
23-11-11, 10:21 PM
Thanks!!! I did start the light high so I can drop it lower when it can take more light.. boy I am going to hate light off all day and only on at night to keep from being to hot or to cold. I want to check on them so bad!!

lil rasta
23-11-11, 11:38 PM
Then check on them, sing ot them they will love it

Hillbilly
24-11-11, 06:26 AM
I checked on them it looked good!! I would kill them all if I sang to my plants. Don't know if it be from my morning breath or my bad tones but they surly would die!!!