PDA

View Full Version : Gumby Hash Method

RalphLauren
25-11-11, 02:34 PM
I have just finished with my crop. After trimming I placed all of the leafs and stem in the freezer in black bags. My friend who was suppose to lend me his bubble bags has gone away on holiday so I have had to revert to a less professional way.

Basically it's really basic I am using 1.5L Bottles.. And a 3L bottle to add the ice water and mix with a spoon for 15-20 minutes.

I then filtered it to get all of the leaf/stem and bits of shit out. I was left with a darky colored water which I left to settle for 2 hours. I can see the hash forming at the bottom but I cannot seem to get it out.

What would be the best way to get it out? everytime I try it just dissolves back into the water. Should I filter it? or place get most the water out put the rest on a plate and leave it in the cupboard to dry?

Your comments are appreciated!

Pugz
25-11-11, 02:43 PM
I did the same thing not to long ago

Keep drawing the water off with pipette or other type thing
Then put remaining liquid in a tall skinny container and wait to settle again
When you have got as much as possible off the water taken off it time to let the water evaporate naturatly a small pc fan will help speed this up

Here check this out it my hash run no1 CLICK (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?56704-12G-off-trim-Dried-What-to-do)

tjf8070
25-11-11, 03:59 PM
I went for the Gumby method with my last crop back in Feb or March. Used a 15L bucket to start and slowly got down to just a 1L jar. For the first strain to get the big chunks of plant matter out i used a basic fine kitchen sieve, will be using a chinois next time as it's a little finer and should give a more refined product. After that you just siphon off the water after letting it sit and settle to the bottom. I used some medical tubing hiijacked from my aunt (she's a nurse and has all kinds of weird shite laying around) It's good but not quite as refined as bubble bags.

the final settling jar...

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82788

after pressing just in my fingers really tightly

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=39326

and finally a rolled worked version.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82789

All were great...until my dog ate most of it, easily over 1.5g. Little bastard was obviously stoned out of his mind for 24hrs solid. He could barely go up or down stairs, that's if he was able to stand up straight and get off the fking couch.

Pugz
25-11-11, 04:10 PM
Thats was a nice nug mate lol

I trained my dogs not to go for weed after the missis saw a story where a dog died from eating an oz off bud.
Granted it was a jack russell but still i dont want my dogs eating anything other than food.
Its not really fair on the animal imo
A small amount may not do any lasting harm but the affects could spook it leaving it scared and stressed all the time.

I understand that your dog nicked it (little bastards aint they lol) so not having go mate.
Moral off the story dont leave weed hanging around :)

RalphLauren
25-11-11, 05:09 PM
Thanks guys. I would of loved to use bubble bags. This is the messiest way ever.
TGF - how many ounces of trim did you use?

I have just done a handful of trim, and got a tiny ball of resin. smells so good!

RalphLauren
25-11-11, 05:20 PM
Another question for you. What do you think of Hash compared to buds? Heard it was stronger, obviously smoked it before but it was cut with god-knows what. Another reason why DIY and homegrown is better!

wert
25-11-11, 06:50 PM
when smoking hash it is more concentrated as you are collecting the trichomes.
when smoking bud you are smoking the trichomes with the veg matter [leaves].

RalphLauren
26-11-11, 05:35 AM
Thanks mate. I've managed to get around 5 grams so far. Its weird as some of it ranges from dark green to dark brown to golden brown. Very strange. Nonetheless a good smoke!

tjf8070
26-11-11, 06:24 AM
ay pugs, was my fault for leaving it where he could get to it...learned a valubale lesson that.

I don't remember how much trim i used to be honest ralph, I don't have scales or the like so i never know how much of anything i've got. I prolly should have gotten more out of it than i did but it was my first try so i felt good from the outcome. I also got a few ranges of colors from it too, if you look at the pic of the settled particulates you can even see a line of dark and a line of lighter stuff. The lighter was obv the better, except for the ball which was light until i rolled it. It started light and loose and as i worked it the ball got denser and darker. The smoke was knockout style.

norm
12-11-12, 02:55 PM
So you musta activated the thc and cbd prior to run? Or does anyone know if decarboxylation occurs some other way? I heard iso hah don't need decarboxylation to activate cannabinoids but idk....anyone? Cos eating hash that's non active don't get anyone, even a dog high i didn't think?? Does it? Maybe its like when doctors give patients a "fake" pill (placebo effect) your mutt was playing you. Decarboxylation is the process of activating/turning thc-a etc (non psychoactive compounds) into thc and the other (psychoactive) cannabinoids. Usually done before making jahh BUT can be done when hash its ready, simply put hash into a pre heated oven@ 60°c tops 65°c (not hot more warm) for 20 mins in order to decarboxilate/activate the compounds we desire.....THEN IT IS EDIBLE not before unless you've "baked" your starting trim/buds prior to running it. :D

Sent by a naked baked elf called tapatalk 2

pukkachedda
21-11-12, 11:27 AM
check the way i do it matey,it may be abit longer wait,but the end result is well worth it..

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?83277-Puccas-bubble-hash-gumby-method

nevertoohigh
21-11-12, 11:34 AM
So you musta activated the thc and cbd prior to run? Or does anyone know if decarboxylation occurs some other way? I heard iso hah don't need decarboxylation to activate cannabinoids but idk....anyone? Cos eating hash that's non active don't get anyone, even a dog high i didn't think?? Does it? Maybe its like when doctors give patients a "fake" pill (placebo effect) your mutt was playing you. Decarboxylation is the process of activating/turning thc-a etc (non psychoactive compounds) into thc and the other (psychoactive) cannabinoids. Usually done before making jahh BUT can be done when hash its ready, simply put hash into a pre heated oven@ 60°c tops 65°c (not hot more warm) for 20 mins in order to decarboxilate/activate the compounds we desire.....THEN IT IS EDIBLE not before unless you've "baked" your starting trim/buds prior to running it. :D

Sent by a naked baked elf called tapatalk 2

So this is an alternative to using fats to dissolve? Or am I getting it wrong?

sent from space using aliens & sh*t