PDA

View Full Version : Blue Cheese. 1st Scrog

PokerToker
28-11-11, 10:49 PM
Hi guys. I've recently moved house and i have no longer got the space for xxxl bud box and a dr120 :( So now all i have to work with is my budha 1.2 x 2m tent and a small cupboard. I'm used to lots of plants with a good final results. Now i only have space for 4 and i have struggled to gain insentive.

I have done a bit of research on forums to see how i can maximise yield on the resources i have to work with. Before i was quite ignorant on the subject of SCROG until i read the success of alot of people on this forum. I can't believe ihave never looked into it before. I always assumed its only good for people with fluro's or have very limited space. I could have done this a long time ago and be alot richer now. Why didn't you tell me!?!?!

Anyway. Just modded my wilma to make it a 4 pot drip/bubbler and i have built a screen using old budbox poles and 2" plastic garden mesh. Using Mj1000 to pump the drippers and situated 6 elite airstones underneath the pots. Also i'm running a mj500 24/7 to act as a water heater and provide more DO.

The beans i have chosen are blue cheese. Has anybody had any experiance scrogging this strain? I'd like to know if i need to lst or fim and the stretch i can expect the 1st 2 weeks of 12/12. I plan to place the screen about 12" from the surface of the medium. When training the shoots under the mesh am isupposed to use a uniform method like zig zag or criss cross. Or do i just train them wherever i think they need to go?

I don't fancy commiting myself to a diary but will post some photo'd updates here so i can hopefully get you geniuses to give me some advice along the way

only 3 internodes and 4-5" atm so not worth posting photos.

Aldric
28-11-11, 11:07 PM
A mate of mine just did pineapple chunk with drip/bubbler, twas a mighty fine smoke. and always a fan of blue cheese, I'd imagine they scrog well being a bushy indica dom.

If u do scrog her put up some pics as would be interested to see as this strain might work well with my limited height (groom, not me personally!!):leaf::leaf:

PokerToker
29-11-11, 11:26 PM
A mate of mine just did pineapple chunk with drip/bubbler, twas a mighty fine smoke. and always a fan of blue cheese, I'd imagine they scrog well being a bushy indica dom.

If u do scrog her put up some pics as would be interested to see as this strain might work well with my limited height (groom, not me personally!!):leaf::leaf:

Never tried Blue cheese. Everyone online raves about it. Just wanna see what all the fuss is about. Got the idea for modding the wilma from a guy on here called adambomb (i think). He doesn't know it but he's helped me out alot in the past couple of weeks and inspired me to not give up this magnificent hobby.

I havent got a camera yet but getting a iphone tomoz so hopefully that'll be up to taking some half decent snaps.

Thanks for your reply mate

PokerToker
07-12-11, 10:35 PM
Finally got my iphone so here is a couple of uninteresting pictures. Week 3 from seed. Screen is 9 inches above medium surface. I've left a gap at the back of my tent so i can squeeze behind when the training starts. I have boosted my wilma res about a foot off the floor. This way i have just enough space to crawl under and train from under the screeen. This is possible right?

Really excited about this new method of growing. Think i've just about read every thread on every forum to do with scrogging. Pretty confident now that i know what im doing

Hoping i can rely on you experts at thctalk if i encounter any problems. Cheers

PH 5.7 EC 0.5

Talpa
07-12-11, 10:42 PM
Which Blue Cheese are they?

B.A.BARACUS
07-12-11, 10:47 PM
Good luck with the scrog man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PokerToker
07-12-11, 11:16 PM
Which Blue Cheese are they?

Big budda i believe. From what i gather from other peoples grows the stretch is 2-3 times the size. So i'm going to fill the screen about 65% just to be safe

onepieeyedguy10
12-12-11, 09:11 PM
sweet man just started bbbc not long ago takin a few cuts from a mother n gunna go from there also doin a 4 plant ghs super lemon haze hope the blue cheese goes well peace

sharktooth
06-01-12, 11:08 AM
Crazy. My next grow in Feb will be a Blue Cheese SCRog with a waterfarm :)
It would be really helpful if you did a diary mate, I, along with many others, can keep a close eye and know what to exepct.
What light are you running? I will be using a 400w dual spec HPS. Was thinking about upgrading to a cooltube.
And also, I would raise your screen in that tent. You have plenty of space to work with, I would say 12 - 15" from medium would be a good height. This would give you a very good yield, although BC doesn't seem to carry any heavy yield gens :/
BB were out of stock, I had to get mine from Barney's Farm.

PokerToker
16-01-12, 12:05 PM
Still in Veg! i now understand the importance of using clones for a scrog as apposed to seed because i have in my tent 4 plants each growing at different rates. 1 of the bc's is consuming the screen. I'm training it as much as i can so that it's filling in sections that the other 3 are growing into but im going to have to switch to 12/12 a little bit prematurelly because its going to be really hard to control

The screen is only about 40% full but the dominent plant has filled about 60-70% of its section and then some!

I gotta say though, im loving this method of growing. I have a tendancy to over nurture my plants So scroggging is perfect because there is always something that needs doing. My wilma mod is proving itself very successful also. my 7gallon tank is filling up nicely with roots that are being kept healthy by having obscene amounts of DO and steady res temps of 19-21 centigrade

Also for my first time i am using the lucas formula. I have always used GH flora with success but have found the 3 part formula to be light in MG so i thought i'd give the 0-8-16 ratio a blast. Too scared to use full strength straight away so i'm using low light formula (0-5-10) for veg and raising the TDS using the addback calculations when the plants require it. Havent had to empty the tank once yet!!

One thing i am finding slightly unusual is that the ph is dropping a bit as TDS is dropping and res is getting lower. its not a major problem because it drops from 6.0-5.4 in a 3 day period and i want these kinds of fluctuations. But i'd much prefer it to be the other way so i knew whats goin on.

Heres another Pic

I have very high hopes for this grow. If i can just battle my way through the stretch without any problems i am confident that it will be my best producing crop so far! This includes the 8 plant grows i used to do. So fingers crossed.

TC-UP
16-01-12, 12:13 PM
Definitely looking nice PT

TC-UP

blazefor20
16-01-12, 12:16 PM
Looks great. I know you will be pleased in the end. Good luck.

PokerToker
16-01-12, 12:18 PM
Crazy. My next grow in Feb will be a Blue Cheese SCRog with a waterfarm :)
It would be really helpful if you did a diary mate, I, along with many others, can keep a close eye and know what to exepct.
What light are you running? I will be using a 400w dual spec HPS. Was thinking about upgrading to a cooltube.
And also, I would raise your screen in that tent. You have plenty of space to work with, I would say 12 - 15" from medium would be a good height. This would give you a very good yield, although BC doesn't seem to carry any heavy yield gens :/
BB were out of stock, I had to get mine from Barney's Farm.

Unforutunatly i am far to unorganised to do a diary so intend to post an update now and again on this thread. I began using a 100w cfl for seedlings and when the got a bit bigger i switched to 200w cfl and when they reached the screen i turned the 400w MH on. My first time using a metal halide also. During flower i'll be using 600w cooltube.

I think my current height from my screen is just about perfect any higher than veg time would be brutal. It's already been nearly 2 months from seed!! I chose blue cheese because it seemed popular but have never tried it. I've grown blueberry and cheese and loved em so this strain made sense. Chose big buddha cos apparently its better than barney's??

Thanks for your reply sharktooth letme know how it goes with you bc's

baza123
17-01-12, 08:02 PM
diary would be great pt. im doing a 4 plant scrog in soil shortly when my tent is free. nice growin all looks great

PokerToker
18-01-12, 10:31 AM
diary would be great pt. im doing a 4 plant scrog in soil shortly when my tent is free. nice growin all looks great

Thanks man. Switched to 12/12 last night n stuck the 600w cooltube up. I just hope to god that this screen doesn't get too out of control. It's gonna be tight. Really fkin tight!!

Can someone please tell me what i do if a section of my screen does become overcrowded? i can snip some of the top shoots off within the "busy" part of the screen for clones if this is acceptable?

Cheers PT

chronic1
18-01-12, 11:00 AM
if it does become over crowded then pull it back under an redirect it. Will only be able to do that first couple of weeks once u got big buds you wont be able to fit them back under

B.A.BARACUS
18-01-12, 12:20 PM
Thanks man. Switched to 12/12 last night n stuck the 600w cooltube up. I just hope to god that this screen doesn't get too out of control. It's gonna be tight. Really fkin tight!!

Can someone please tell me what i do if a section of my screen does become overcrowded? i can snip some of the top shoots off within the "busy" part of the screen for clones if this is acceptable?

Cheers PT take it easy pal, expect around 2 weeks of stretch/ fast growth, just pull under & fill each cube every couple of days if you like & things will fall into place :)

Faultline
20-01-12, 01:52 AM
Try scrogging your plants individually. Each pot has its own screen. Try googling - "scrogging on the faultline"

doctor gonz0
29-01-12, 02:42 PM
take it easy pal, expect around 2 weeks of stretch/ fast growth, just pull under & fill each cube every couple of days if you like & things will fall into place :)

I'm currently scrogging a stretchy strain (psychosis) and found that if left for even two days it was pretty hard to tuck them back under without fear of snapping them. i recommend training every day to keep on top of things. just my tuppenceworth tho.

gonz0

crispypancakes
04-03-12, 03:20 AM
subbing man, gonna keep an eye out for your updates!

fingers
03-05-12, 12:12 PM
How's it growing?

KNIGHT RIDER
11-05-12, 02:35 PM
PokerToker how high do you have your screen from your pots?

rizzle420
06-12-12, 02:43 AM
subbed, lookin forward 2 updates

Nftnoob86
06-12-12, 03:16 AM
Bit late mate post before u was in may lol