PDA

View Full Version : Plagron cocos A/B

Azerbanphal
04-12-11, 01:43 PM
Been using this stuff for a few weeks now - and I have to say its really good stuff.
My new number 1 choice. Cheap as well.

cocogrower
04-12-11, 01:51 PM
I ordered some of this a while back on your advise, Though I havnt got around to using it yet. I'll give it a go on the next run once my GA has all gone. I'll grow the same Pheno's im growing now using GA and see how it compares :D

Have you tried Grower's ark coco? (A&B 2 Stage), Thier rootstim (Root Tonic) is more effective than Rhizotonic imo and a lot cheaper.

Azerbanphal
04-12-11, 02:14 PM
Yeah I remember chatting with you about this stuff q a while ago now. Dunno if I advised you to try it (was probably keen you did as a guinea pig/get results from you lol).
It was like £11 for a litre each of A and B in my shop, so I thought I'd try it.
Only been using it about 2 weeks, but my seedlings were suffering before (was using some oldish TNT - think it had gone bad :/ )
They're growing like troopers now though with this stuff...

Never used Growers Ark, wish I could find a shop nearish me that sold it, but never found any. I won't pay loads for p+p either.
So far though I prefer this stuff to Hesi and CX my previous champs. Still want to try Ferro too though, my mate uses the hydro stuff to great effect.

cocogrower
04-12-11, 02:44 PM
Think I payed £12 for a litre of each A&B Plagron, Do you find it to stabalise the PH at all?

I wanted to go all organic (again) in 2012, I remember last time it was a struggle to keep the microherd feeding after a certain amount of time (usually mid flower) due to the non-organic nutes I was using, Figured I didnt use enough worm shit for the microherd to feed on, Unhappy microherd - poor show.
I figure, If you can have the vigour, speed and yield of coco with the end product tasting organic then its a win win situation.

On the list so far:
OT grow/bloom
PM granules
Worm shit
Bat guano
Bio stim

yet to determined a decent organic boost..

(sry for the slight derail :/)

Forest
04-12-11, 02:49 PM
cheers guys good info been looking at the other coco nutes and wondering about them nice to here some feed back,
ive been using coco for a few months now using canna hydro nutes first good results in coco hempys and then just lately gone over to hesi
the hesi nutes are better for my small pots, (1 pint) the hesi bloom is great but not the tnt so much it seems the nit is slow to get in to the plants combined with the cold it seems to make it worse then,
how do you find its best to use pk add in coco guys?

Azerbanphal
04-12-11, 03:31 PM
Think I payed £12 for a litre of each A&B Plagron, Do you find it to stabalise the PH at all?

I wanted to go all organic (again) in 2012, I remember last time it was a struggle to keep the microherd feeding after a certain amount of time (usually mid flower) due to the non-organic nutes I was using, Figured I didnt use enough worm shit for the microherd to feed on, Unhappy microherd - poor show.
I figure, If you can have the vigour, speed and yield of coco with the end product tasting organic then its a win win situation.

On the list so far:
OT grow/bloom
PM granules
Worm shit
Bat guano
Bio stim

yet to determined a decent organic boost..

(sry for the slight derail :/)

I've wanted to do this stuff for ages.
Problem though I think is that ALL coco nutes are probably too destructive for proper microherds to exist. I don't think the coco substrate helps either really - cocnuts come from an extremely hostile growing environment so I doubt microherds really want to exist in the fibres.
Even if they're organic nutes its like "organically sourced elements" I think (i.e. they extract the NPK etc from natural, stabilised sources that won't rot etc).

I reckon however they extract the shit, its still basically mineral nutes, regardless of how they're sourced... the regular flooding feeds probably doesn't help either since coco is watered at lest 2 or 3 times more than soil grows.

Problem with going down the wormshit/batshit/etc combo is when does the grow stop being a coco grow and become a soil grow?

cocogrower
04-12-11, 03:46 PM
I've wanted to do this stuff for ages.
Problem though I think is that ALL coco nutes are probably too destructive for proper microherds to exist. I don't think the coco substrate helps either really - cocnuts come from an extremely hostile growing environment so I doubt microherds really want to exist in the fibres.
Even if they're organic nutes its like "organically sourced elements" I think (i.e. they extract the NPK etc from natural, stabilised sources that won't rot etc).

I reckon however they extract the shit, its still basically mineral nutes, regardless of how they're sourced...

Yeah the last time I tried I was using Hesi coco bloom, Which as you know is part organic but I still encounted problems with the microherd not breaking down the minerals, Each time the problems started about 5-6 weeks after a potup. I expect the chems were killing off the herd slowly over the weeks, Though with ditching the Hesi and going at it with a moreso organic approach I hope I can keep the herd thriving right through to harvest.

the regular flooding feeds probably doesn't help either since coco is watered at lest 2 or 3 times more than soil grows.

Bottom feeding is the way to go when using this approach I think, With a top feed maybe once a week.

Problem with going down the wormshit/batshit/etc combo is when does the grow stop being a coco grow and become a soil grow?

I see what you're saying but with the Water/Air ratio of Coco being so much better compared to Soil, You should always have the vigour & yield that coco offers, wether using chem or organic as long as the herd is happy throughout.

just my theory anyway, It will probably go out of the window a few weeks into it lol.

Azerbanphal
04-12-11, 11:09 PM
bottom feeding is the way to go

:s

Azerbanphal
04-12-11, 11:12 PM
current grow using the shit - they are growing quick & nice and healthy looking.
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/2888/medium/DSCF06872.JPG

cocogrower
05-12-11, 12:28 PM
:s

When it's an organic regime in Coco, This is the only way I can see you'd be able to water without causing problems, excessive floodings etc.

Azerbanphal
23-01-12, 08:32 PM
I've got to say this stuff is really good after a few months use. I'm up to 2.0eC on my trainwreck S1's, and no sign of burn... (some canna 13/14 added too).

The plants look healthier at this stage than with any other nutes I've used. Highly recommended.